List Mgmt. 2020 Draft (December 9) discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Our currently owned picks:

24 - Blake Coleman
43 - Harry Sharp
48 - Henry Smith

Our currently owned 2021 picks:

1st (MEL), 1st (BRI), 3rd (WCE), 3rd (BRI), 4th (MEL), 4th (COL), 5th (BRI)

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I think I've seen you suggest trading for a future first rounder. Do you think its realistic that a club like Fremantle or even Sydney could be interested in trading a future first for maybe our late first and second this year?
We don’t have a second round pick this year.

No team should be willing to trade for a late first round pick this year at all.

The Daniher situation is going to play a massive part in this. However if were able to keep hold of them and trade for a pick next year (Collingwood maybe) or move up then for mind that would be the best situation IMO. There is just too much of an unknown with this draft.

Heard Matt Rendell on SEN this afternoon & he is raving about this draft. He stated there is significant depth in this draft & has a list of 100 that he believes can make it.

The other thing he mentioned was that all positions are covered, with good picks you will get areas that you want.

I personally believe the whole unknown in this draft has been significantly overblown. Professional recruiters will be fine. Really hope we hang onto our first rounders or use them to advance in this years draft.

Heard Matt Rendell on SEN this afternoon & he is raving about this draft. He stated there is significant depth in this draft & has a list of 100 that he believes can make it.

The other thing he mentioned was that all positions are covered, with good picks you will get areas that you want.

I personally believe the whole unknown in this draft has been significantly overblown. Professional recruiters will be fine. Really hope we hang onto our first rounders or use them to advance in this years draft.
Off to find the podcast.

I like the idea of us having a few tentative picks because someone could easily slip down. I also like the idea of stockpiling for next year's draft given that a lot of late bloomers won't be picked up.

Funnily enough, this year more than most, I don't want high picks. Too risky. Love our two late R1 picks (though of course I wouldve preferred Port collect the Spoon).

SUPER DRAFT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me a bit about the next Coleman coming along?
I’m not sure about height, but he’s stockier, and bigger across the shoulders and chest.

On the eye test, he looks faster as well.

Applies excellent pressure and is an aggressive tackler. Very good over head mark, in the dry and wet.

Good skills, but haven’t seen enough to compare to his brother. Good at finding open team mates in the forward 50.

Seen him play as a small forward, and as a flanker up the wing. Has also had stints on ball in the midfield at senior QAFL level this year.

Can someone tell me a bit about the next Coleman coming along?
I saw him live in the QAFL GF for a quarter and he certainly has pace, and can take a grab ie. better in the air than his big bro, looks quite smart and cool under pressure like bro and knows where to be for the drop of the ball, one thing I think he needs to work on is his fitness, no brainer we match whatever bid is made.

Nice discussion happening in eDPS 's draft thread about Kalin Lane and Shannon Neale, both ruck prospects.

It’s a tough one, Neale has been played forward to help develop his marking and just making him a more well rounded footballer. I think he needs a few years to develop his forward craft and I think he would be a very good project player for a club but hard to tell his range. Lane has had a very good month and has developed in his own right, like how he competes at ground level and his contested marking has improved as the year has gone on. On upside and versatility you take Neale but if you want a more reliable ruck option it’s hard to go past Lane who is right up in calculations to be the best ruck in this draft.
Nice in theory but Lane would absolutely destroy him. Neale has heaps of potential but his ruck work is miles off being able to take it up to Lane atm.
[Neale's] tap work is but a late comer to footy. His other work looks very tidy for a guy his size.

I rate both. I think I'd take Neale with his upside though. Both would need 4 years on an AFL list. Key fwd harder position than ruck in the big league.

I feel tap works the easiest thing to work on. He definitely has the ability to run and jump and looks like the body aswell.

No doubt at 2nd level Neale probably spends half his time Key fwd and Ruck in the 2s for 4 years. Whereas Lane in the sole ruck spot.

Nice discussion happening in eDPS 's draft thread about Kalin Lane and Shannon Neale, both ruck prospects.
It’ll be interesting to see where the talls outside of top tier go.

We saw last year, a few go late first round and then others mid second round, generally much higher than where a lot of the amateur/media draft watchers had them rated.

Apologies for being lazy and not listening to the Roar Deal but what was his comment/s that have upset you?
His comments were about people more in to trade or draft side of things, and them not enjoying the Lions possibly competing in the final.

Didn’t want to have the Daniher discussion on the podcast until we had been knocked out or won everything.

Of course I’m enjoying us competing for the flag. Doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the recruiting and list management side of things as well.

Enjoy Briz.

Sounds fantastic for essendon - picks 6,7 and 8 for their three outs. But that means rating daniher as one of those. I'd absolutely agree if there wasn't an injury cloud, but the reality is that injuries wreck players and deflate their values. Especially multiyear injuries. Really don't see this getting off the ground.

Sounds fantastic for essendon - picks 6,7 and 8 for their three outs. But that means rating daniher as one of those. I'd absolutely agree if there wasn't an injury cloud, but the reality is that injuries wreck players and deflate their values. Especially multiyear injuries. Really don't see this getting off the ground.
If Daniher wasn’t injury prone, he’d be a top 5 - top 3 KPF, and worth two top 10 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back