List Mgmt. 2020 Draft (December 9) discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Our currently owned picks:

24 - Blake Coleman
43 - Harry Sharp
48 - Henry Smith

Our currently owned 2021 picks:

1st (MEL), 1st (BRI), 3rd (WCE), 3rd (BRI), 4th (MEL), 4th (COL), 5th (BRI)

Last edited:
Watching the get to know you Q&A with Harry Sharp on the Lions socials.

Q: Which team did you support growing up?
A: Gold Coast.

That’s the third kid from this year’s crop say Gold Coast.

Not one kid has mentioned Brisbane.
At least the club is in Queensland 😉

Watching the get to know you Q&A with Harry Sharp on the Lions socials.

Q: Which team did you support growing up?
A: Gold Coast.

That’s the third kid from this year’s crop say Gold Coast.

Not one kid has mentioned Brisbane.
These guys would've been about the right impressionable age (8-10) when GC started and had Ablett from the off so it's not a surprise a few would pick them out as a club. We weren't exactly flashy at the time.

These guys would've been about the right impressionable age (8-10) when GC started and had Ablett from the off so it's not a surprise a few would pick them out as a club. We weren't exactly flashy at the time.
Yeah, mentioned Ablett as one of his two favourite players.

I think we've hit the cut off where young guns like Oliver, Walsh and SPS were Lions supporters growing up. Gonna be another decade before we start seeing draftees that barracked for the Lions. It's tough for kids to stay invested in a team that's always losing and we did a lot of that for a long time.

I have to admit I'm a Suns fan, well my second team. The have a brilliant young list, that Rowell is something else, 3 Brownlow votes in his first 3 games, what a No 1 draft pick. They have so many of the top kids this time round and i guess in the last 4 or so years plenty of kids thinking about the draft probably thought they would be going there and at least had a look. The suns with being bottom and so many players leaving have had so many picks up the top of the draft it's easy to see the kids looking at what is happening there expecting it to be their home. Like us they seem to have stemmed the blood loss in players and I'd expect they will rise quickly now in their second coming. Queeeeeeennnnnnsssssslander.

I have to admit I'm a Suns fan, well my second team. The have a brilliant young list, that Rowell is something else, 3 Brownlow votes in his first 3 games, what a No 1 draft pick. They have so many of the top kids this time round and i guess in the last 4 or so years plenty of kids thinking about the draft probably thought they would be going there and at least had a look. The suns with being bottom and so many players leaving have had so many picks up the top of the draft it's easy to see the kids looking at what is happening there expecting it to be their home. Like us they seem to have stemmed the blood loss in players and I'd expect they will rise quickly now in their second coming. Queeeeeeennnnnnsssssslander.
On the back of AFL interference and an obscene amount of concessions that never end.

I hope players leave at will and they never see success. Amazes me that any Lions fan is an apologist for them and worst yet a supporter of them.

On the back of AFL interference and an obscene amount of concessions that never end.

I hope players leave at will and they never see success. Amazes me that any Lions fan is an apologist for them and worst yet a supporter of them.
Guess that’s something you’ll never understand about the Queenslander psyche.

And what is that; you want to see your neighbour is just as successful? :huh:

I'm not sure too many Colingwood fans wanting to see Richmond or Carlton win anything or Manchester United fans want Manchester City to win anything or Tottenham fans wanting Chelsea to win, or the NY Giants wanting the NY Jets to win and the list goes on, yet Lions fans want to Suns to win and continuously make excuses for them despite their concessions actually being detrimental to us and everyone else.:rolleyes:

Give me a break.

I'm not sure too many Colingwood fans wanting to see Richmond or Carlton win anything or Manchester United fans want Manchester City to win anything or Tottenham fans wanting Chelsea to win, or the NY Giants wanting the NY Jets to win and the list goes on, yet Lions fans want to Suns to win and continuously make excuses for them despite their concessions actually being detrimental to us and everyone else.:rolleyes:

Give me a break.

It would be more like if somehow the Lions and Suns were both in the EPL, NFL, NBA, etc. if the Lions couldn't win it then you'd be happy for the Suns to.

Give me a break.
Like I said, you don’t understand being a Queenslander.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will start going to suns games as well as lions when they do something without the training wheels on. Don't mind their song or the metricon experience and am happy to support them to the extent it supports afl in QLD, but I want there to be a strong rivalry and could never support both

Like I said, you don’t understand being a Queenslander.
I have lived in Queensland for a period of time, but probably not long enough to not "understand being a Queenslander" even though I have family and enough friends up there that have never told me about this secret about being a Queenslander. :rolleyes:

Even if it hurt the finances of the Lions?

How so?

I am a simple man, but they are competing with us for memberships, game day attendance, sponsorship $s etc.

Would have thought those opportunities would flow to us if the Suns weren't in the comp or in SEQ.

I get the argument about growth of the game in Queensland etc, but if we are talking just in terms of our finances I am not so sure that's true.

Its moot anyways, as the Suns won't be going anywhere - at least for the near future.

From the Victorian side of things Im happy to see them do well. Much like I support all interstate teams so I dont have to see Melbourne teams win (there's the Victorian psyche).

I also can see that them doing well and strengthen football in Queensland is good for the lions

Have the new draftees moved to bne yet?
You'd think they would spend Christmas at home with family and friends.... likely they have already decided whether to go into boarding school up here or to do year 12 in Victoria. IIRC official pre season training starts on January 6th, I'm hoping Harry Sharp and Henry Smith decide on the boarding school option.

You'd think they would spend Christmas at home with family and friends.... likely they have already decided whether to go into boarding school up here or to do year 12 in Victoria. IIRC official pre season training starts on January 6th, I'm hoping Harry Sharp and Henry Smith decide on the boarding school option.
Harry Sharp was definitely mentioned on the night as still being in Grade 11. However I don't recall anything similar about Henry Smith - the only place I've seen it mentioned about him is on BF, which makes me wonder if someone got a bit confused on draft night and it's lingered around since. Harry gets it mentioned specifically in https://www.lions.com.au/news/841918/harry-sharp-is-a-lion and Henry doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back