List Mgmt. 2020 Draft (December 9) discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Our currently owned picks:

24 - Blake Coleman
43 - Harry Sharp
48 - Henry Smith

Our currently owned 2021 picks:

1st (MEL), 1st (BRI), 3rd (WCE), 3rd (BRI), 4th (MEL), 4th (COL), 5th (BRI)

Last edited:
I meant Henry Smith that kid from Adelaide we drafted this year.
Gosh long morning
I can see I’m going to get Henry and Harry mixed up.

Has seemed like they’re drip feeding us the interviews

One of the good things about our new draftees is that only Coleman would be a chance of a possible debut this year. They can do their 18 year old development work in the Reserves and build fitness, skills and strength in 2021 without any undue external pressure to play Firsts.

What’s the go with Henry smith ? Has he shown up in Brisbane , no media on him I have seen

As a boomer myself I take no offence to the generalizations, I will not air any of my generalizations in regards to the younger generations.

lMH0Bo.gif

The worst part about the @#$% younger generation is that I'm not in it

Someone we might like as a Rich replacement in the 2021 draft is Josh Fahey, a defender/midfielder from Canberra who has played in the GWS and GC academies but hasn't spent enough time in either to be tied to them in the draft. So there's probably no go-home factor involved with him. AFL Draft Central describes him as "a damaging rebound defender who gains plenty of meterage with his daring dash and raking left boot". eDPS who also writes for ADC describes his main strength as intercept marking.

He played against our academy boys two times last year and ADC had this to say of him in their match reports:
Fahey played for NSW/ACT in last year’s Under 16 championships and now finds himself with the Gold Coast Suns, although he wont be tied to any academies for next year’s draft. That’ll come as a sigh of relief for all AFL clubs, as he put on a best on ground performance down back. Fahey wasn’t hard to miss with his blonde locks but he also wasn’t hard to miss for the Lions going inside 50 as they kicked it down his throat multiple times. Fahey cut off plenty of attacks, attacking the contest hard and cleanly. His left-foot kicking from defence was a real feature, both long and damaging, and he had a major influence on the result. Fahey looks to be a very promising prospect for the 2021 draft.
Speaking of, the outside run of Aiden Fyfe and Northern Territory prospect Brandon Rusca also worked well in transition, with the kicking prowess of Josh Fahey and Rhys Nicholls from defence also helping set up some seriously potent Suns transitions. While Fahey looked to penetrate with his long left boot from the kick-ins and deeper in defence, Nicholls more-so utilised strong intercept marking and the nous to run off for handball receives to have an impact.

Draft watcher Bastyy has this to say:
Fahey's going to be very good, all the footage I've seen of him has been elite
He's a like for like clone of Hayden Young. Raking left foot with speed off of half back. I'd rate him at 6, and he'd probably go top 15 in the draft if it took place today, but I think he could go top 10

Someone we might like as a Rich replacement in the 2021 draft is Josh Fahey, a defender/midfielder from Canberra who has played in the GWS and GC academies but hasn't spent enough time in either to be tied to them in the draft. So there's probably no go-home factor involved with him. AFL Draft Central describes him as "a damaging rebound defender who gains plenty of meterage with his daring dash and raking left boot". eDPS who also writes for ADC describes his main strength as intercept marking.

He played against our academy boys two times last year and ADC had this to say of him in their match reports:

He's a like for like clone of Hayden Young. Raking left foot with speed off of half back. I'd rate him at 6, and he'd probably go top 15 in the draft if it took place today, but I think he could go top 10

Melbourne needs to do the right thing and get us that top 8 pick next year :p

There’s been some discussion as where he’s playing next year, as GWS listed him their academy for 2021.

I meant Henry Smith that kid from Adelaide we drafted this year.
Gosh long morning
I can see I’m going to get Henry and Harry mixed up.
Very quiet about this kid , is he even coming ? Notice his story on the lion site as a new draftee has vanished. Interesting few weeks ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very quiet about this kid , is he even coming ? Notice his story on the lion site as a new draftee has vanished. Interesting few weeks ahead
Very quiet with everything at the moment, everyone is on holidays.
But hoping the media department up their game again as of 4th of Jan because this last year has been pretty crap in comparison to the year before.

Understaffed, after the most hectic season ever. Like the rest of the club's staff, I would rate the Xmas break - that most others get as a matter of course - as well earned. Sorry if you little petals have not had your Lions fix served up on a plate, but that a consequence of the covid season.

Dear draft watchers can you tell me what does young smith have over other young ruckman who failed to get drafted like Walsh for one and another young boy whose name I Carnot remember ?
Thanks in advance. !

Dear draft watchers can you tell me what does young smith have over other young ruckman who failed to get drafted like Walsh for one and another young boy whose name I Carnot remember ?
Thanks in advance. !
Games in 2020

Understaffed, after the most hectic season ever. Like the rest of the club's staff, I would rate the Xmas break - that most others get as a matter of course - as well earned. Sorry if you little petals have not had your Lions fix served up on a plate, but that a consequence of the covid season.
Well said BuntonRules!

Thanks in advance. !
Go back and find Quigley post in this thread about Smith. Covers everything.

Thanks in advance. !

There’s a search function at the top right of the page, also his roster watch and google.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back