List Mgmt. 2020 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Draft Tracker
Ford is nothing like Skunk. The kid played mid/forward as a bottom ager & has missed the opportunity to play predominantly midfield thanks to this season being a write off.

Whether our top pick makes an impact in the next 2 years is irrelevant. Keep adding talent for a long & sustained run. If Eddie or Max Heath or whoever becomes an elite player in years 3 throughout 12, I couldn’t care less if he is running around at Sandy in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly right. All players will be projects unless they’re Matt Rowell. Rarely do players come in and take to AFL like a duck to water in their first year. The key is to continually bring in good young players that eventually force their way into the team or have to be traded for more opportunity.
What you don’t want is a Lyon 08-12 era where we had great top end talent with no developing youngsters. Hence why we dropped off a cliff, and also why we were forced to play guys that didn’t deserve games in the Watters/Richo era.

They suggest Nathan O'Driscoll, Jack Carroll, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Poulter and Jake Bowey are the type around our mark who we would be looking at.
Basically they really dont have a clue who we are looking at , they are clutching just like us

Zac Williams or Adam Saad and Ben Long aren't even remotely comparable sorry.

Longy has played 1 season at half back. He has so much scope for improvement.

I'm very bullish on his prospects, think he has so much potential (as does Ratts given the confidence to keep playing him)

Love Benny Long. Think he can develop into a very important player in our team going forward. Provides something that no one else besides maybe Battle does in our team, and that’s a hard edge. Yeah he can be overzealous and careless at times, but that’s an easy fix. Also, With him, coff and Pato down back, it gives more of an opportunity for hunts to play more mid time.

do people really think Membrey plays as a medium sized forward?

Membrey in his junior career played as a genuine tall forward role. for us he's been the focal point along with King and Bruce previously. Membrey seems to switch between playing high as a roaming CHF and deep FF.

Membrey's height would tell you he is a medium sized forward if you just look at the stats sheet. but i think everyone on here is aware of his overhead game particularly his ability to clunk it off a two foot leap and how he plays much taller than he is.

also worth noting George thought ford was 186cm, which is the wrong player. Ford is not 186cm.
Eddie Ford from the Western Jets?

One source says 186cm the other says 188cm.

Which Ford are you talking about?

Both get the ball a lot more and move the ball a lot more by run and carry and foot.

Very happy with Long‘s year down back myself .... for his 1st year in the role , so was Ratten .
Overlooked a lot of players for the role , his hardness and speed thought was a revelation.
Maybe I should look at the replays a bit again 🤩 because good teams march Saad deep to defend
end result turnover goal ...as for Williams $900K for half back is a lot.
Yeah played one good game in the finals midfield I know ....

Maybe watch Connolly a bit this year coming equal best kick in the club with Battle kicks it a long
way either foot.

Arryn Siposs was a good kick

Doubt you’ll see anyone who can’t kick the footy under Ratten .

Doubt you’ll see anyone who can’t kick the footy under Ratten .
Thank F**K for that

Annoyed we were 5 years behind the curve. But very glad we are fixing it

Indeed. And all that got him was a 5 year AFL career, a free university education, a NFL contract, hundreds of thousands of dollars and a smoking hot missus

Last edited:
Our draft points:
Pick
21 - 878
64 - 101
74 - 0
93 - 0
Total points: 979
In the range of pick 18 (985) and pick 19 (948).
Highest draft position where points need to match with discount: Pick 13 (970)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have read that Lethlean told Libba to select Max King , over whoever Libba favoured in that draft , and it makes me wonder of the dynamic of how we work. Lethlean , Gags , Gubby , Libba , Ratts , etc , I’d love to be a fly on the wall. Even Lade pushed hard for Wilkie , and got his way. Have we had a change of tactic since trout , to spread the control , so to lessen the likelihood of bad draft picks ? How do we operate with a room full of Alpha males wanting their way

I have read that Lethlean told Libba to select Max King , over whoever Libba favoured in that draft , and it makes me wonder of the dynamic of how we work. Lethlean , Gags , Gubby , Libba , Ratts , etc , I’d love to be a fly on the wall. Even Lade pushed hard for Wilkie , and got his way. Have we had a change of tactic since trout , to spread the control , so to lessen the likelihood of bad draft picks ? How do we operate with a room full of Alpha males wanting their way
Satan rules.

yeah Libba liked Rozee

Rozee I think.

Longy has played 1 season at half back. He has so much scope for improvement.

I'm very bullish on his prospects, think he has so much potential (as does Ratts given the confidence to keep playing him)
Contracted till 22 so that helps him but ATM he simply doesn't find enough of the ball. His efforts at hb last year were solid but it was nothing spectacular even in comparison to other much more maligned players.

Give me a fit Jimmy Webster any day (and I'm not a great Jimmy fan)

the eddie ford you are referring to played in the 40s at 185cm

the eddie ford in this draft is 188cm

So we are drafting a bloke that is 120 years old , i have heard of mature recruits but that's outrageous

The Eddie Ford I saw in the highlights - who looked very good in them - looked bigger than 188cm and younger than 120 years old to me - he might need remeasuring and check of his birth certificate

the eddie ford you are referring to played in the 40s at 185cm

the eddie ford in this draft is 188cm
What are you even on about lol

You were taking the piss from the start I take it

To be fair to Libba, Rozzee is an absolute gun

If our backroom staff are arguing over whether to pick the next Rozee or the next Ming, we are in bloody good hands

Also I am sure Satan was looking at the prospect of two Kings down the track compared to one Rozee (whom is a gun btw, not knocking him in the least).

If it is true Satan overruled Libba, well it was one of the times that it was justified in my book.

Also I am sure Satan was looking at the prospect of two Kings down the track compared to one Rozee (whom is a gun btw, not knocking him in the least).

If it is true Satan overruled Libba, well it was one of the times that it was justified in my book.
Oh I absolutely agree Ming was the correct call for us. If that was an overrule - nailed it

But there is just no 'bad' call in that scenario. Please please be having the same quality of debate about the 2020 draft right now

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back