Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the bid comes just before our 2nd pick than with the 20% discount our 3rd pick would move up
That works out well.

Hypothetically pre-draft, if we can't upgrade our 2nd pick into the first round, we could just work to upgrade our 3rd round pick.
If a bid comes after our 2nd pick for Downie - that's great.
If a bid comes before our 2nd pick for Downie, our 3rd pick just moves up even further.

That works out well.

Hypothetically pre-draft, if we can't upgrade our 2nd pick into the first round, we could just work to upgrade our 3rd round pick.
If a bid comes after our 2nd pick for Downie - that's great.
If a bid comes before our 2nd pick for Downie, our 3rd pick just moves up even further.
Agree. Reckon we'll just take him with our 2nd should a bid come, and then hope for a slider with our 3rd pick. There should be plenty.

This draft night cannot come quickly enough.
Twomey has also stated today that we have done a lot of work on Perkins.

I suspect we will take Perkins if Hollands is gone.

Might even take Perkins regardless.
From all reports a lot of recruiters think he has a huge upside, exactly the same as a few thought about Will Day last year.

From all reports a lot of recruiters think he has a huge upside, exactly the same as a few thought about Will Day last year.
If we go that route I hope its including a pick upgrade from GCS or Bombers...Looks like he'll be in pick 6-10 range. Maybe we can slide back a few spots and get an additional first rounder.

If we go that route I hope its including a pick upgrade from GCS or Bombers...Looks like he'll be in pick 6-10 range. Maybe we can slide back a few spots and get an additional first rounder.
I am sure GW and MM will have a few scenarios lined up.

The other thing is that Perkins could be the late bolter.

Who knows the club may be very keen on him and may know others are as well.

Twomey has also stated today that we have done a lot of work on Perkins.

I suspect we will take Perkins if Hollands is gone.

Might even take Perkins regardless.

He also said we have done alot of work on all the top 10 prospects. I think perkins was named because outside of the 5 we know around our pick it would be a pretty big decision to take him at 4 he does have alot of attributes we lack though, I wouldn't be to dissapointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Safe to assume we will bid on Campbell and who knows the club just might think Perkins is worth pick 4.

Maybe we rate Perkins at 4, but I think it would be Hollands all the way. I assume the club did not forecast receiving a pick as high as ours is coming in to the season, which could be where the interest in Perkins came from initially. That's just a guess though.

I really hope we bid on Campbell.

Maybe we rate Perkins at 4, but I think it would be Hollands all the way. I assume the club did not forecast receiving a pick as high as ours is coming in to the season, which could be where the interest in Perkins came from initially. That's just a guess though.

I really hope we bid on Campbell.
We will bid on Campbell surely.

Was thinking this. Moreso this year when you consider we haven't seen the Vic kids in Covid times. Recruiters will be factoring this into decison making. Trying to project what could've been had they played a full TAC season. Hard gig this year. May see some bolters for this reason.

After originally dismissing Perkins as an option for us at pick 4 I've now changed my mind after re-watching his highlights package as an under ager in the NAB cup. Combined with his high level draft camp results he could certainly add a point of difference to our team. I have now removed Philips as a want at pick 4 due to his likeness to what we already have. If we end up with any of Thilthorpe, Hollands or Perkins I'll be happy and to me it appears that we will be choosing out of this group of 3 with DGB now almost certain to end up in Sydney. I have full confidence that MM and GW will pull the right rein when that time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back