Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Holland’s and McDonald were locks to go top 2 according to a lot in here (we were no chance to get a top 2 pick).

I seriously see no clear standouts this year, 1 pick is not that big of an issue. I think any of McDonald, Thilthorpe, Holland’s, Bruhn, Phillips would be great picks. We will get one of them.

Some people just love to melt.

I think it's pretty obvious tbh- we've had posters on the board complaining about everything all year. We lose games? Complaints about players being bad, coach and gameplan being bad, club culture being bad
We win games? It isn't something we should take joy from cause oppo is bad, now suddenly our draft hand is bad, and our gameplan is still bad.
A Lot of whinging on this board and a lot of people who only want to stick the boot in under the guise of "realism".

Listen, if you honestly think that long term posters and members that love the club, that have gone to games religiously, gone to all of the grand finals, spent time going to trainings - and posters that have spent hard earned dollars travelling interstate to games and even had meetings with Dicker, Hook and Bucky, post what they post because they simply enjoy "sticking the boot in" under the guise of "realism," then you need to have a long hard word with yourself. That's just stupid.

You can't help the opinions that you form.

Agree.

This is purely based on the highlights footage, but he just seems like a 3rd tall rather than a pure KPP. We don't need that type of player. We're screaming out for speedy midfielders and KPP.
I agree But for different reasons. I think DGB will be a good player. I just think our halfback line is the one area we are ok and he is too similar to Sicily, Scrimshaw and Day.

Matt Scarlett was 192.

And DGB is listed at 195 pretty much everywhere, cited as having grown 3cm last offseason. Every draft site lists him as a KPD. Obviously too slight to play on the likes of Hawkins/Dixon, but he's 18..
Don’t need DGB way too similar to Sicily and scrimshaw. Need a defender that can play on The Hawkins/Dixon’s and DGB ain’t it

I am liking the look of Archie Perkins the more I read / watch. Anyone got any further inside info on him? He’s the type of mid we need to mix with Worpel. I don’t think Holland’s will be available to us now.

I am liking the look of Archie Perkins the more I read / watch. Anyone got any further inside info on him? He’s the type of mid we need to mix with Worpel. I don’t think Holland’s will be available to us now.

He's one of the players that the club was monitoring closely at the start of the year. He was very much on our radar.

[
Well there isn’t a buddy in this draft for starters, also if we had pick 3 we would of still drafted buddy with it
We took Roughy first with pick 2, and we don't know if we would have taken Griffen, or (shudder) Tambling if they were still there at 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen, if you honestly think that long term posters and members that love the club, that have gone to games religiously, gone to all of the grand finals, spent time going to trainings - and posters that have spent hard earned dollars travelling interstate to games and even had meetings with Dicker, Hook and Bucky, post what they post because they simply enjoy "sticking the boot in" under the guise of "realism," then you need to have a long hard word with yourself. That's just stupid.

I disagree with a few of the things you've raised here but you're right in as much as you can't help the opinions you form. Didn't mean for my post to detract from people's love of the club, but I stand by that there are people here who post significantly more about the negatives and undermine the positives.
Not the place to discuss the meta of BFHawks posting though lmao.

I disagree with a few of the things you've raised here but you're right in as much as you can't help the opinions you form. Didn't mean for my post to detract from people's love of the club, but I stand by that there are people here who post significantly more about the negatives and undermine the positives.
Not the place to discuss the meta of BFHawks posting though lmao.

Fair enough mate.

Well I can tell you his parents are both Kiwis who have been living in Melb for approx 25 years. Ripping people. They haven’t a clue about AFL.
But their son can play. At Brighton Grammar but obviously they didn’t get on the park in 2020. We have approx pick 5. And it might be a bit high for Archie. He will go top 15 and I hope the Hawks snag him somehow.

As TD alluded to earlier, the cream is out of our reach. But would anyone swap today’s massive win, sending Pops & Stratts off in style. We need to understand , in this compromised season (only 17 games), and this compromised draft (Pick 5-7) , we will come out a better team.

There was a few of us, wanting to lose today PURELY for draft position but that ship sailed in the first quarter today...so be it. Given our hand now, I am more than happy to trade hard for as many high picks as possible.

Going to be tough watching McDonald, Hollands, Thilthorpe running around in different colors but it is what it is.
Even worse watching Campbell & “insert top 4 player” running around for Swans next year.

Bring on trades & draft now - this season has definitely been one to forget.

Last edited by a moderator:

But did you buy a raffle ticket?

Pardon my ignorance, however, how and why are the Crows likely to get pick 2 as compo for Crouch ?
I guess in the same way that the AFL manufactured pick 3 for the Dees when we got Frawley...as a surrogate Clayton's priority pick, using their 11 secret herbs and spices FA formula.

Adelaide aren't quite the basket case Melbourne were, and played in a GF 3 years ago, so I tend to think it's more likely they would get end of round 1.

but it's the AFL, so...:shrug:

Last edited:
Ask yourselves, will Gunston / Breust (yes , that’s how you actually spell it, numptys) / Mitchell or O’Meara be apart of our next Premiership push..........simple answer is who knows
fixed

As TD alluded to earlier, the cream is out of our reach.
It is and it isn't.

The known cream is, no doubt.....but there's a tonne of players who didn't get the opportunity to have a break out 2020 like McDonald did, so there's bound to be some cream that never got a chance to rise.

It is and it isn't.

The known cream is, no doubt.....but there's a tonne of players who didn't get the opportunity to have a break out 2020 like McDonald did, so there's bound to be some cream that never got a chance to rise.
So you're saying this draft is quite homogenised?

Well there isn’t a buddy in this draft for starters, also if we had pick 3 we would of still drafted buddy with it
We don't think there's a Buddy in this draft, if we could foresee that then no clubs would ever miss a draft selection. In a parallel universe Tambling is dual Brownlow medalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back