Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Dan lets small group training up, and a carnival can occur around early December, even if its a Vic-only carnival, and rest of the states battle it out separately.

Thanks for sharing. Good read.

What do you make of him?
He sounds like someone we should be seriously interested in.
If you have looked further on the website you'll see that their top rankings accentuate players who have been able to get games into this season.
You can bet that whatever all of us think, find and talk about, you would have to believe that Wrighty and Company will be doing that times 100 and with much better data than we have access to.

Last edited:
Graham Wright is not our recruitment manager any longer!
I do think Wright will target a ruckman with one of the late picks. In two years time McEvoy and Ceglar won’t be on the list. That leaves just Reeves.

If we can walk away from this draft with one key forward, one key defender and one ruckman. That’s a good draft haul and a great way to start off a rebuild.

On G8141 using BigFooty.com mobile app

11 highly-rated talls in this draft, namely:

• Ugle-Hagen, 194 cm
  • McDonald, 196cm
  • Tilthorpe, 200
  • Cox, 199
  • Chapman, 193
  • Granger-Barass, 195
  • Callow, 194
  • Baldwin, 193
  • Reid, 202
  • Brand, 195
  • McInnes,192 (but tied to Collingwood via academy)

So the players which can be bid on are mainly Mids?

Any idea on who will be sitting there on draft night calling out the numbers?

Its ironic that while the commentary in some threads is all about Clarkos ego controlling list decisions, he wasn't even at last years draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is been in some mock drafts around the 8-10 mark, but there’s been zero Vic footy this year too.
Just as a follow up to the above.

From AFL draft central.

#9 Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights/Vic Metro | Key Position Defender/Utility
15/01/2002 | 199cm | 82kg

A 199cm player who can run, kick on both sides, and play just about anywhere? It sounds too good to be true, but that is exactly what Cox brings to the table as his region’s most outstanding draft candidate. Cox cut his teeth as a tall wingman and key position swingman in 2019, juggling his time between school football, 10 NAB League outings, and a berth in the Under 18 Vic Metro squad as a bottom-ager. In 2020, the Northern Knights co-captain is set to develop as a centre-half back, with his athleticism and versatility in the role lending to the fact he has an enormous ceiling. He is also set to be a prime candidate to lead Vic Metro should the Vics get on the park, lauded for his professionalism and the example he sets via training standards.

August Ranking: #8

Last Month: Inactive due to lack of NAB League and AGSV Football.

Just as a follow up to the above.

From AFL draft central.

#9 Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights/Vic Metro | Key Position Defender/Utility
15/01/2002 | 199cm | 82kg

A 199cm player who can run, kick on both sides, and play just about anywhere? It sounds too good to be true, but that is exactly what Cox brings to the table as his region’s most outstanding draft candidate. Cox cut his teeth as a tall wingman and key position swingman in 2019, juggling his time between school football, 10 NAB League outings, and a berth in the Under 18 Vic Metro squad as a bottom-ager. In 2020, the Northern Knights co-captain is set to develop as a centre-half back, with his athleticism and versatility in the role lending to the fact he has an enormous ceiling. He is also set to be a prime candidate to lead Vic Metro should the Vics get on the park, lauded for his professionalism and the example he sets via training standards.

August Ranking: #8

Last Month: Inactive due to lack of NAB League and AGSV Football.
Must have.

I don’t know if he is a stretch at our pick (4-6) or if we need to get another top 10 pick (maybe use 2021 - 1st selection - dunno)
Yeh not sure either, but I'm feeling a hypothetical multi-player/pick response coming on!

I don’t know if he is a stretch at our pick (4-6) or if we need to get another top 10 pick (maybe use 2021 - 1st selection - dunno)

If it comes that we have to choose between him and Philips at pick 6 I think that we should flip a coin. I want him ahead of Bruhn and DGB.

Would be amazing to pluck another first and take him, along with a midfielder like Hollands.

Hollands / Phillips / Bruhn
Cox
Downie

Now that would be a quality haul that addresses multiple needs.
I want Eddie Ford as well, so we're gonna need 2x more 1sts to go with Pick 4.

Then Downie.

Irony is, that we need a mid or fwd.
But at that pick, you take the best talent always.

To be fair, this kid is a freak talent from what I've seen.

Yes we need mids desperately, especially ones who can run and hit a target. But I'm with you in that this kid looks a freak and could be our bookend at either end of the ground for a very long time. Mids are generally easier to find so it seems I'm talking myself into him over Philips. Wouldn't be upset either way though to be honest. Like many have said before, we need another top 10 pick somehow.

Yes we need mids desperately, especially ones who can run and hit a target. But I'm with you in that this kid looks a freak and could be our bookend at either end of the ground for a very long time. Mids are generally easier to find so it seems I'm talking myself into him over Philips. Wouldn't be upset either way though to be honest. Like many have said before, we need another top 10 pick somehow.
He's 199cm, with an elite engine, good speed and agility and kicks off both sides like a pro. He should be in the conversation for pick 1 to be fair. What's the catch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back