Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Ugle-Hagan I rate Hollands the best in the draft but I also rated Anderson better then Rowell last year. So I obviously have a type.

I'm not 100% sure either will be available at 4 but if we landed Phillips I wouldn't be upset.

Either way if we have one I hope we dont trade a top 4 pick until at the absolute latest draft night. And even then my preference would be to pick the best available.

I’m of the opinion we should address our tall forward stocks. You rarely have access to talented talls and they’re something you can build around. I also find our current group of tall forwards rather lacking - we’ve got O’Brien (role player at best), Patton (question marks everywhere), Lewis (could be anything) and Jeka (rookie).

For this reason I’m hoping we take Logan McDonald with Pick 3-6. I’m also hopeful of Jackson Callow at 21. Both are great contested marks and players you could potentially build your side around. They also don’t have injury queries. This probably doesn’t improve us immediately but let’s us address other lacking areas in future.

That being said I also acknowledge we’re also lacking dynamic midfielders and speedy pressure forwards. Would not be unhappy with other selections. The thing that makes me slightly nervous is that the two most dynamic players in this draft (Hollands/Bruhn) have injury clouds.

There are teams who’s NGAs will be bid on in the 10-20 range .
As an eg .
Pies hold 13 right now and there’s every their NGA (McInnes) is bid on b4 this .
Pies will shop 13 for points ...say 21 and 47.
we get 13 and they retain their second rdr .

There are teams who’s NGAs will be bid on in the 10-20 range .
As an eg .
Pies hold 13 right now and there’s every their NGA (McInnes) is bid on b4 this .
Pies will shop 13 for points ...say 21 and 47.
we get 13 and they retain their second rdr .

yes I hope we look into this. maybe the doggies 1st pick too

For our points or others?

suspect our 2x 3rd rounders and 2x 4th rounders would be enough for Downie....
The dogs face a tough situation..
Their NGA WILL be bid on in the first 3 ....
yet they only have
1 first
The killer ......
2 thirds
1. Fifth

they will need points

I’m of the opinion we should address our tall forward stocks. You rarely have access to talented talls and they’re something you can build around. I also find our current group of tall forwards rather lacking - we’ve got O’Brien (role player at best), Patton (question marks everywhere), Lewis (could be anything) and Jeka (rookie).

For this reason I’m hoping we take Logan McDonald with Pick 3-6. I’m also hopeful of Jackson Callow at 21. Both are great contested marks and players you could potentially build your side around. They also don’t have injury queries. This probably doesn’t improve us immediately but let’s us address other lacking areas in future.

That being said I also acknowledge we’re also lacking dynamic midfielders and speedy pressure forwards. Would not be unhappy with other selections. The thing that makes me slightly nervous is that the two most dynamic players in this draft (Hollands/Bruhn) have injury clouds.
Hard to not agree. Quality talls are worth even more than ever. Drop Lynch one of the Kings or crazy eyes Dixon into our side and it has a completely different look. No coincidence we looked good late last year when Mitch Lewis was in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting,

So how do you envision we benefit from this?
If you see like I do giving up pick 21 and 43 for 8 as a win ....
add the fact a bid on Conner would/could only need to be matched with a 3rd and 4th rdr .
so it COULD look like ...
3,8 and Conner .....

add the fact a bid on Conner would/could only need to be matched with a 3rd and 4th rdr .
3,8 and Conner .....
Add Zac Williams as a FA, cut some senior blokes, and its a fair turnaround.

3,8 and Conner .....

Why do that?
Their 3rd will be around pick 46 so they’re essentially downgrading 8 to 21.

Unless I’m missing something 🤷🏻‍♂️

I suspect Pick trading for point accumulation will be or friend this yr

I agree mate.
I think the Hawks made a couple of sneaky moves last year to hopefully nab a win or 2 in this draft through teams being a bit handicapped for points.
We could come out of the next draft looking like geniuses, something that could fast forward our future mini rebuild which is the path I think Clarko will take.

What chance do we give of these pick swaps occurring?
High mate ....IT WILL happen as it has in previous years .
Question is will be be involved......strong list manager relationships will / do play a part ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back