Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
na

check their board out now, most are in McDonald camp. I would be stoked to land Thilphorpe with our pick. McDonald just looks too good to pass for them now. Massive call looming
I'm not close to this sort of thing but aren't the Crows a chance for no.2 pick too as compo for someone like Crouch? I suppose even if that is the case they wouldn't use both picks on kpf?

Imagine if they tell Crouch to depart as free agent. They will have picks 1 and 2 and take them both.

Why would Adelaide get pick 2 for Brad Crouch? No team is going to pay him a big enough contract that would trigger a high end compensation pick.

I'm not close to this sort of thing but aren't the Crows a chance for no.2 pick too as compo for someone like Crouch? I suppose even if that is the case they wouldn't use both picks on kpf?
Unless the AFL feel sorry for em no way any team gives him a big enough contract to trigger a first round comp pick. He's spends more time injured than on the park.

Unless the AFL feel sorry for em no way any team gives him a big enough contract to trigger a first round comp pick. He's spends more time injured than on the park.
Fingers crossed then. I've seen the AFL do stranger things over the years when it comes to compo picks!

What's the threshold for a first round compensation pick?
It's discretionary...

Put it this way, if Crouch left, I could well see GWS getting an early 1st Round Pick. Not sure what Adelaide will get but it doesn't matter - they've got money.

It's discretionary...

Put it this way, if Crouch left, I could well see GWS getting an early 1st Round Pick. Not sure what Adelaide will get but it doesn't matter - they've got money.
Just have a look at what Frawley netted the Demons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Adelaide get pick 2 for Brad Crouch? No team is going to pay him a big enough contract that would trigger a high end compensation pick.
I hope not, but can see clubs like St Kilda and Carlton doing it. The Saints have said they will be chasing mids. I think it is crap, but nothing will shock me.

Imagine if they tell Crouch to depart as free agent. They will have picks 1 and 2 and take them both.
Crouch and Nicks in the media yesterday for apparently aligning on him being their next year.

if we dont slide down the ladder any further, I wouldnt mind if the club had a look at zane trew - looks like he is ready to play AFL next year round 1

I watched that curtain raiser from last year last night, Geez Hollands kicking in really incredible. We should aiming for him, if not McDonald then Phillips. Phillips isn't that damaging by foot but he is just a ball magnet and you know he will be a gun for a long time. Like Mitchell but with speed. McDonald will be an elite key fwd. So clean.
Second rounder, Id actually look at Jack Carrol or Jake Bowey. Two of the best kicks in the draft. Both small but there skills are sublime. Reckon Bowey will jump up draft boards.

Phillips reminds of a Luke ball type; great player but won’t win you the cup. Hollands would be the one to target. Campbell the #1 pick though IMO, even ahead of JUH.

Agree on Carroll, he’s like an inside Clinton young. Bowey, however, reminds me of teia miles; very neat and high percentage, but will struggle to forge a spot among bigger bodies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doubt we will get McDonald, had another 15 touches, 6 marks, 3 goals in WAFL. Adelaide would be mad to take Thilphorpe over him. Could be another Pavlich/Mcgregor utensil up
He sounds better by the week. With Vic kids unable to show their wares you’d think he goes #1

I watched that curtain raiser from last year last night, Geez Hollands kicking in really incredible. We should aiming for him, if not McDonald then Phillips. Phillips isn't that damaging by foot but he is just a ball magnet and you know he will be a gun for a long time. Like Mitchell but with speed. McDonald will be an elite key fwd. So clean.
Second rounder, Id actually look at Jack Carrol or Jake Bowey. Two of the best kicks in the draft. Both small but there skills are sublime. Reckon Bowey will jump up draft boards.
Which curtain raiser was this?

Phillips reminds of a Luke ball type; great player but won’t win you the cup. Hollands would be the one to target. Campbell the #1 pick though IMO, even ahead of JUH.

Agree on Carroll, he’s like an inside Clinton young. Bowey, however, reminds me of teia miles; very neat and high percentage, but will struggle to forge a spot among bigger bodies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep im with you re: phillips and Campbell being #1. Bowey I read somewhere has won the bnf at every grade since under 9s, and was set to captain Sandringham this year? not 100%. He's slight but he looks like a Caleb Daniel to me. Jack Carrol is prob my favourite in the draft. He won BOG in Geralton league senior GF 2 years ago as a 16 year old, thats a good league! last person to do that was Jack Martin. Im starting to think if we miss Holland/Mcdonald we should split our pick and grab Carrol and Ford. Looking at Brisbane's 2 first rounders.

Yep im with you re: phillips and Campbell being #1. Bowey I read somewhere has won the bnf at every grade since under 9s, and was set to captain Sandringham this year? not 100%. He's slight but he looks like a Caleb Daniel to me. Jack Carrol is prob my favourite in the draft. He won BOG in Geralton league senior GF 2 years ago as a 16 year old, thats a good league! last person to do that was Jack Martin. Im starting to think if we miss Holland/Mcdonald we should split our pick and grab Carrol and Ford. Looking at Brisbane's 2 first rounders.

We could potentially trade in another first - Doggies and Collingwood could be looking to trade out. If we like a player we could use next year's first.

We could potentially trade in another first - Doggies and Collingwood could be looking to trade out. If we like a player we could use next year's first.
Would be madness. We look like we could be bottom 5 again next year in from all reports is a stud draft. Jason Horne from SA, is meant to be a generational midfielder. The tank for him will be on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back