Not open for further replies.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You have to look at how your list will build over the years. A KPP takes longer than a mid. Hence it could be better to take a tall now and then grab a mid later.

Suppose the Hawks have pick 2 in this years draft who should they select (after JUH)?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
RUNVS, if you had pick 1 who would you choose & why ?

Honestly I would go with Phillips, at least from a direct need for the Swans. We are murdered in the clearances every week, even got beaten up by Gold Coast 2 years ago. We are also either the worst or second worst in the league when it comes to inside 50 differential so our midfield has really struggled to win the ball and hold onto it.

It is why we need Phillips, as Kennedy will be retiring soon and other than Rowbottom our other mids are not really proper inside players.

DGB would be very useful too, but he would not solve the Swans problem of the ball going into defence too often, he would just be able to help out more once it is there.

For me I would go

1. Phillips
2. DGB
3. McDonald
4. Hollands
5. Thithorpe

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
We don't have the talent to focus on one pick. Assume we get Hollands, in two years time we possibly have no BB, Cegs, Punky, Sheila and Gunstall. Who replaces these guys?

GWS don't need another crop of promising young players. If the two clubs don't swap they are both just plain stoopid.

Misdirection?

Since we've already ascertained who North should pick I like to know if Hawthorn had the first pick who they should take.
How have we ascertained who North should pick?
How do you ascertain who Hawks should pick if they had first pick? Such a small sample size giving up to 5 different answers. Nothing definitive. Your answer, perhaps, is who you think they should pick.

Norf didn’t want to get rid of brown , they offered him 750k 3 years but he wanted an extra year so they said get f’ed and go then. Them selecting Holland’s wouldn’t surprise me as he would probably be the best TALENT available at their pick. They could use talls though so hopefully they get one of them so Holland’s falls to us

Would be stupid as to do this if McDonald was available. I think we all agree that north are likely to get a top 5 maybe even another top 2 pick next year - a draft year full of gun mids. They already have a collection of high young mid draft picks they need keys.

Also Noble in charge won't take a mid given his seen first hand how elite young keys at brisbane (Harris Andrews, McStay, Hipwood) really get a young team up and about

Dec 27, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
I cannot see North passing on the tall with Brown leaving. Would be a horrific call by them.

Yes any tall in the top 5 of the draft is rare. You get them when you can.
Plenty of time to get midfielders next year.
The only reason I would take a midfielder is if he was a potential game changer - like Hollands.

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We don't have the talent to focus on one pick. Assume we get Hollands, in two years time we possibly have no BB, Cegs, Punky, Sheila and Gunstall. Who replaces these guys?

GWS don't need another crop of promising young players. If the two clubs don't swap they are both just plain stoopid.

This bloke gets it 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the event North take Hollands at pick 2 then ideally Adelaide have gone with Thilthorpe at pick 1. That means at minimum we get one of DGB or McDonald.

McDonald would be a great result and a perfect time to get a quality, young KPF. He and Jeka are right around the same age and could be our new Buddy and Roughy combo. He gets a few years being tutored in the forward craft by Gunston and Patton (who knows his stuff even if his body hasn't allowed it to translate into performance).

It also gives us flexibility with Lewis who can probably start to play more of a Hale type role, which helps us in the pretty dire ruck department.

You would have to think that the scum are the most likely with their three consecutive picks to be the most disruptive in the draft in terms of picking a player or two earlier than expected. With that draft hand I think they may change their strategy to focus more on need more than 3 x best available on their rankings list. You would expect if Campbell hadn't been bid on yet they would have a crack with one of these picks. It is going to be goddamn awful watching Dildoro get about 10 mins of consecutive airtime.

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You would have to think that the scum are the most likely with their three consecutive picks to be the most disruptive in the draft in terms of picking a player or two earlier than expected. With that draft hand I think they may change their strategy to focus more on need more than 3 x best available on their rankings list. You would expect if Campbell hadn't been bid on yet they would have a crack with one of these picks. It is going to be goddamn awful watching Dildoro get about 10 mins of consecutive airtime.

Couldn't agree more, heck it's awful enough with him getting 10 seconds of airtime - not to mention the fist pumps 🙄

Oct 20, 2006
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Couldn't agree more, heck it's awful enough with him getting 10 seconds of airtime - not to mention the fist pumps 🙄

I have it on excellent authority from sources inside The Hangar, that there is a hell of lot of fisting going on down at the Scum.

Apparently, since Hirdy and Dodoro demonstrated the benefits of fisting to the playing group during a team bonding exercise it’s become all the rage and now they’re all into it. Dare I say, “they’ve become experts in the dark arts”.

However, there has been two problems:

1. The expenditure on massage oils and ultrasound gel has gone through the roof; and

2. Matthew Lloyd has been parked outside and desperately wants in as Backline Coach.

But as Jerry always says:

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have it on excellent authority from sources inside The Hangar, that there is a hell of lot of fisting going on down at the Scum.

Apparently, since Hirdy and Dodoro demonstrated the benefits of fisting to the playing group during a team bonding exercise it’s become all the rage and now they’re all into it. Dare I say, “they’ve become experts in the dark arts”.

However, there has been two problems:

1. The expenditure on massage oils and ultrasound gel has gone through the roof; and

2. Matthew Lloyd has been parked outside and desperately wants in as Backline Coach.

But as Jerry always says:

Despite my current struggles you've just put a massive smile on my face and for that I sincerely thank you 😁

Could this be the real reason why the Essendon 34 were labelled as #sobrave and why for the last 3-4 seasons those players that remain have been walking around with an indescribable swagger?

I'm genuinely concerned that with the recent reporting of the AFL soft caps cuts that the EFC would stop purchasing massage oils and ultrasound gels entirely and just go in dry.

Wait, it's the EFC that we're talking about, what am I saying?

Let's hope that Dildoro lures them into an off-site injecting room under the pretense of a standard vitamin shot and ends up give them a fist pump special 😂

Oct 20, 2006
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Despite my current struggles you've just put a massive smile on my face and for that I sincerely thank you 😁

Could this be the real reason why the Essendon 34 were labelled as #sobrave and why for the last 3-4 seasons those players that remain have been walking around with an indescribable swagger?

I'm genuinely concerned that with the recent reporting of the AFL soft caps cuts that the EFC would stop purchasing massage oils and ultrasound gels entirely and just go in dry.

Wait, it's the EFC that we're talking about, what am I saying?

Let's hope that Dildoro lures them into an off-site injecting room under the pretense of a standard vitamin shot and ends up give them a fist pump special 😂

The AFLPA have warned The Scum that dry fisting will not be tolerated.
PS: Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’m glad you got a chuckle Chin up mate, 2020 has been s**t year. I hope 2021 is a great one for you and yours. Tough times don’t last, tough people do! Good luck and best wishes.

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The AFLPA have warned The Scum that dry fisting will not be tolerated.

Wouldn't it be too difficult to prove this if all the spreadsheets have been "misplaced" though?

Perhaps the AFLPA could assist the players in negotiating for performance based clauses where they earn the right to lubricant or saliva as a bare minimum.

Either way, there's sure to not only be a drastic increase of fist pumps at The Hangar but also in the Essendon changerooms both pre and post gametime 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back