Review 2020 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions vs Suns Academy over next 2 Sunday’s according to Lions Academy page.

At least some footy for the kids👍
Will probably know at the end of this which kids will be prelisted or nominated as Academy selections for these two clubs, GC midfield looks a little slim without Davies may have to play one or two of their forwards as mids or they will get hammered in there

Will probably know at the end of this which kids will be prelisted or nominated as Academy selections for these two clubs, GC midfield looks a little slim without Davies may have to play one or two of their forwards as mids or they will get hammered in there

Would think both Gore and Colenso will go through there, but got a few injuries as well to a few others they may have rolled through there.

Will be an even game now I would think.

Dev Robertson chance to come back in? Brock smith?
Um, I’m talking the Lions academy team here. How many 17 year olds make the team.

I believe Mathieson is currently ahead of Dev, who would be the second mid to come in to cover any midfield injuries.

Smith is probably a ways down on our defenders depth chart. It’s our strongest and deepest area of depth.

Clearly the vic country comp will be called off, as vic regional will be in stage 3 tomorrow, with community sport banned.
Am now hearing the draft will now only be two rounds and the rest of the available list positions will be filled by a type of PSS period straight after

Am now hearing the draft will now only be two rounds and the rest of the available list positions will be filled by a type of PSS period straight after
I think it’ll be minimum 2 players picked, where some clubs only take 2 and others than are in rebuild phase will take more. Adelaide will like take 5-6 players at least, Geelong have 3 1st rounders for starters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Lots of players will miss out if that's the case.
Apparently their reason is that without a combine they just don't have enough data to select more than 40 players , you probably will see a few players train pre season with clubs in the view of being selected prior to the 2021 season

Apparently their reason is that without a combine they just don't have enough data to select more than 40 players , you probably will see a few players train pre season with clubs in the view of being selected prior to the 2021 season

I think with most clubs have VFL sides next year most will get a crack there as well to see if they can develop or maybe get upgraded onto list.

I think with most clubs have VFL sides next year most will get a crack there as well to see if they can develop or maybe get upgraded onto list.
Nab league is going to be u19 from next year onwards. So most of the kids on the radar that don’t get picked up will be back there, combined with a few appearances in the vfl.

Nab league is going to be u19 from next year onwards. So most of the kids on the radar that don’t get picked up will be back there, combined with a few appearances in the vfl.

Will this mean that 2002, 2003 and 2004 will be the main years of birth or will they have one or 2 20 year olds?

Will this mean that 2002, 2003 and 2004 will be the main years of birth or will they have one or 2 20 year olds?
I think it’ll be u19 then u17 instead of the u16 teams. So majority of 02 and 03 kids with a few 04 kids. Not sure on the 20 year olds yet, maybe they go and play vfl. I think they are going to bring in a rule where vfl stand alone teams must have x amount of nab league graduates in the team.

I think it’ll be u19 then u17 instead of the u16 teams. So majority of 02 and 03 kids with a few 04 kids. Not sure on the 20 year olds yet, maybe they go and play vfl. I think they are going to bring in a rule where vfl stand alone teams must have x amount of nab league graduates in the team.
So those 17 and 18 year olds would combine to play in U19?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back