Review 2020 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Today further proved to me Phillips should be seen as the number one prospect in this draft. Also, I can't seem to find post-match stats anywhere from the game today? Want to have a look to see which others played well that I may have overlooked as I only saw the live stream?

Alex Davies
190cm mid
Basketball background - captain QLD u16 national title winning team.

ScOtT PeNdlEbUrY

Read he went alright on Saturday.

Anyone have any thoughts on Joel Jeffrey? I've followed football and young talent in the Northern Territory closely and he's right up there with the most talented kid I've seen come through the system. Obviously has to have a big year next year, but his performances as a 16-year-old in the NTFL were excellent.

I understand it’s still very early days but has anyone had the opportunity to watch Maurice Rioli junior? He’s obviously been followed from Richmond fans because of his name for a very long time.

How would you experts rate him in comparison to the current talent pool, I’ve notices his name really hasn’t been mentioned in here yet.

Some of the Rioli boys are late developers. Daniel Rioli was hardly even on the radar in his under-age year. Maurice has been far from dominant, but he's shown enough at senior level in the NTFL and elsewhere that there's plenty to work with. One for us Richmond supporters to watch closely in 2020.

Anyone have any thoughts on Joel Jeffrey? I've followed football and young talent in the Northern Territory closely and he's right up there with the most talented kid I've seen come through the system. Obviously has to have a big year next year, but his performances as a 16-year-old in the NTFL were excellent.

Some of the Rioli boys are late developers. Daniel Rioli was hardly even on the radar in his under-age year. Maurice has been far from dominant, but he's shown enough at senior level in the NTFL and elsewhere that there's plenty to work with. One for us Richmond supporters to watch closely in 2020.
Sun's will directly list both those kids before the draft surely

Wasn't aware of the FS link cheers

Yep, Jeffrey will almost certainly end up at the Suns and Maurice at the Tigers.

Was just curious where people rated Jeffrey among other young talent.

Again, I think he may be the best prospect we've had since Cyril if he backs up his form from last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early stab at a potential top 10 for next year. Obviously a lot will change over the next 12 months, depending on how much the prospects develop.

1. Elijah Hollands - Vic Country
2. Riley Thilthorpe - South Australia
3. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Vic Country
4. Will Phillips - Vic Metro
5. Braeden Campbell - Sydney Academy
6. Denver Granger-Baras - Western Australia
7. Connor Downie - Vic Metro
8. Nathan O'Driscoll - Western Australia
9. Luke Edwards - South Australia
10. Ollie Henry - Vic Country

Early stab at a potential top 10 for next year. Obviously a lot will change over the next 12 months, depending on how much the prospects develop.

The top 5 in this draft is insane.

I think my personal top 5 would be

1. Will Phillips
2. Nathan O'Driscoll
3. RIley Thilthorpe
4. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
5. Elijah Hollands
Will Phillips is a freak. Bloody hard to think there is 4 better than Elijah Holland’s though. He’s so bloody classy.

Of these 10 which are already academy or NGA listed players? I’m aware of Ugle-Hagan and Campbell but with it supposedly being the most compromised draft ever who are these highly rated players that could go top 10 to top 20?

Of these 10 which are already academy or NGA listed players? I’m aware of Ugle-Hagan and Campbell but with it supposedly being the most compromised draft ever who are these highly rated players that could go top 10 to top 20?
Downie is hawks nga
Edwards is a crows father son

My early top 10 predictions

1. Ellijah Hollands - VIC C
2. Riley Thilthorpe - SA
3. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - VIC C - WB NGA
4. Will Phillips - VIC M
5. Braeden Campbell - NSW/ACT - SYD A
6. Denver Barass - WA
7. Luke Edwards - SA - ADL F/S
8. Reef McInees - VIC M - COL NGA
9. Eddie Ford - VIC M
10. Connor Downie - VIC M - HAW NGA

A lot to play out, looking at some of the Talls that are already up the top and the ones that are on the cusp it could be a good draft for KPP's

My early top 10 predictions

1. Ellijah Hollands - VIC C
2. Riley Thilthorpe - SA
3. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - VIC C - WB NGA
4. Will Phillips - VIC M
5. Braeden Campbell - NSW/ACT - SYD A
6. Denver Barass - WA
7. Luke Edwards - SA - ADL F/S
8. Reef McInees - VIC M - COL NGA
9. Eddie Ford - VIC M
10. Connor Downie - VIC M - HAW NGA

A lot to play out, looking at some of the Talls that are already up the top and the ones that are on the cusp it could be a good draft for KPP's
What kind of player is Riley Thilthorpe? I haven’t seen him play. Did he play in the under 17s game?
Also, who are the KPFs in the draft outside of JUH?

Top nga/ father sons likely ranked in the top 25 or so are:
Luke edwards- Adelaide f/s
Reef mcinnes collingwood nga
Taj schoenfield port f/s
Connor Downie hawks nga
Jamarra ugle-hagan bulldogs nga
Alex Davies Gold Coast academy
Braeden Campbell Sydney academy
Errol gulden Sydney academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back