Review 2020 Draft General Discussion

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
What kind of player is Riley Thilthorpe? I haven’t seen him play. Did he play in the under 17s game?
Also, who are the KPFs in the draft outside of JUH?
Thilthorpe is a ruck/forward, made his debut for West Adelaide this year and did really well at SANFL level. Didn't have the best game in the futures but he may have been sore from the season like many were.

Some of the other tall forwards that I have as ones to watch: Logan McDonald (WA), Nikolas Cox (VIC M), Jackson Callow (TAS) and Henry Walsh (VIC C, more of a ruck though)

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thilthorpe is a ruck/forward, made his debut for West Adelaide this year and did really well at SANFL level. Didn't have the best game in the futures but he may have been sore from the season like many were.

Some of the other tall forwards that I have as ones to watch: Logan McDonald (WA), Nikolas Cox (VIC M), Jackson Callow (TAS) and Henry Walsh (VIC C, more of a ruck though)
Callow looks really good. He reminds me of a slightly taller Membrey. What do you think?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Callow looks really good. He reminds me of a slightly taller Membrey. What do you think?
Probably the best of that bunch as a traditional KPF with McDonald at that awkward 192cm and the other two playing as rotating rucks at this stage

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Henry smith from wwt and Campbell edwards from Calder also look like good tall fwd prospects

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

Probably the best of that bunch as a traditional KPF with McDonald at that awkward 192cm and the other two playing as rotating rucks at this stage

Any palm tree tatts on Callow?

Watchfromadistance

Senior List
May 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Top nga/ father sons likely ranked in the top 25 or so are:
Luke edwards- Adelaide f/s
Reef mcinnes collingwood nga
Taj schoenfield port f/s
Connor Downie hawks nga
Jamarra ugle-hagan bulldogs nga
Alex Davies Gold Coast academy
Braeden Campbell Sydney academy
Errol gulden Sydney academy

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Regarding the trading of future picks, and especially in relation to the BHill permutations, I wondering if anyone could have an early stab at where WA prospects O'Driscoll, McDonald and Grainger-Barrass may be taken next year.

Watchfromadistance

Senior List
May 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Regarding the trading of future picks, and especially in relation to the BHill permutations, I wondering if anyone could have an early stab at where WA prospects O'Driscoll, McDonald and Grainger-Barrass may be taken next year.
Granger Barass probably top 10.
O'Driscoll first round.
McDonald not sure but is pushing 195cm now.
Another to add to mix is Zane Trew. Absolute ripper inside mid from Swans who didn't play much this year due to shoulder surgery. Top 10 for mine for sure.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Granger Barass probably top 10.
O'Driscoll first round.
McDonald not sure but is pushing 195cm now.
Another to add to mix is Zane Trew. Absolute ripper inside mid from Swans who didn't play much this year due to shoulder surgery. Top 10 for mine for sure.

Pretty interesting mix there. Like it.

The Walker boys are African heritage from memory, Western is from Kimberley region if memory serves.
Mcinnes mother is foreign
Western is not indigenous his mother is from Singapore.

Cheers guys. Probably a case of them being 17 but info on this regard is hard to find. I'm glad they're not all Indigenous like Downie/Ugle-Hagan, as the idea of Indigenous guys (at least those not from remote communities) being NGA-eligible seems a massive rort to me. Even more so than GWS getting Academy access to Murray region players (which o/c was robbed off them in 2017)!

Cody Brand is Essendon NGA and plays with Mason Fletcher (who is overage but was given dispensation to play Under 18s this year)
Mason's just like his Dad but Cody i think is exceptional and once he fills out a little more will be a KPD.
1570888876438.png

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My early top 10 predictions

1. Ellijah Hollands - VIC C
2. Riley Thilthorpe - SA
3. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - VIC C - WB NGA
4. Will Phillips - VIC M
5. Braeden Campbell - NSW/ACT - SYD A
6. Denver Barass - WA
7. Luke Edwards - SA - ADL F/S
8. Reef McInees - VIC M - COL NGA
9. Eddie Ford - VIC M
10. Connor Downie - VIC M - HAW NGA

A lot to play out, looking at some of the Talls that are already up the top and the ones that are on the cusp it could be a good draft for KPP's
Top nga/ father sons likely ranked in the top 25 or so are:
Luke edwards- Adelaide f/s
Reef mcinnes collingwood nga
Taj schoenfield port f/s
Connor Downie hawks nga
Jamarra ugle-hagan bulldogs nga
Alex Davies Gold Coast academy
Braeden Campbell Sydney academy
Errol gulden Sydney academy
Wow, I know that it’s a long way to go but that is crazy if it fell like that next year. It will be really interesting to see how clubs take this into considerations with trades this year and definitely next year.

scratchy09

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will Phillips is a freak. Bloody hard to think there is 4 better than Elijah Holland’s though. He’s so bloody classy.

out of the whole top 5, I havent seen him play at all and this is what I've heard whereas with the other 4, I have so it was just an oversight from me. I have full confidence however Will Phillips is the number 1 prospect in this draft though.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
out of the whole top 5, I havent seen him play at all and this is what I've heard whereas with the other 4, I have so it was just an oversight from me. I have full confidence however Will Phillips is the number 1 prospect in this draft though.
I think Elijah’s hurt factor puts him above will. Both very talented footballers

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Knightmare how does Maurice Rioli rank as a prospect for next year? Why didn’t he play in the under 17s game ?

Only the three games for Oakleigh early in the season. In those games I've seen he hasn't been as advanced or influential as many of his peers, so he's more a mid-late draft chance at this stage until he shows more next season.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd take Ugle-Hagan above both but Hollands fwd/mid and Phillips mid/def mid are vg from the vision I've seen.
Haha how much of Ugle-Hagan have you seen? And what do you like about his game that has him #1 in your rankings ?

Bruce0912

Draftee
Oct 14, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Haha how much of Ugle-Hagan have you seen? And what do you like about his game that has him #1 in your rankings ?
I’ve seen both play quite a bit let’s see how they play next year , there is two absolute guns you are all forgetting Bruhn from VC and Baldwin from SA my mail is both def top 10 if not higher both injured this year with Bruhn playing late in year only his two games for falcons for someone that didn’t play all year was outstanding , McRae another very good mid , Phillips very good but doesn’t have X factor

Back