Ginnivan (Bend)
Clarke (East)
Macrae (Oak)
Callow (TAS)
Bowey (Sand)
Perkins (Sand)
Schofield (SA) Port F/S

just outside the top group: Gay, Henry, Baldwin, Cox
I would have Trew and Baldwin in there somewhere Davo.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there a standout for no.1 at this point? If so, who? If not, who are those that will be around the mark? Hearing lots of good things about that Ugle-Hagan kid tied to the dogs
Hollands , Ugle- Hagan , Thilthorpe , Bruhn, Gulden, Campbell, O’driscoll and Phillips I believe will all be up there but I don’t think there is one standout just yet

Hollands , Ugle- Hagan , Thilthorpe , Bruhn, Gulden, Campbell, O’driscoll and Phillips I believe will all be up there but I don’t think there is one standout just yet
You don’t think that SA KPF is a #1 contender ? I noticed he’s 192 and 90kgs. He’s a man child. Could have already I wish there was some way to watch the under 16’s carnival that he played in last year

Last edited:

You don’t think Bruce is a #1 contender ? I noticed he’s 192 and 90kgs. He’s a man child. Could have already I wish there was some way to watch the under 16’s carnival that he played in last year
Its quite frustrating how hard it is to get footage. Impossible to u16 carnival footage and a lot of the u18s aren't televised either. Both should at least have replays uploaded on youtube.

I would have Trew and Baldwin in there somewhere Davo.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ill make it a top 40:

Allies: Gulden, Davies, Davis, Collins, Crozier, Campbell, Callow, Byrne, Green, Jeffrey (10)

Vic Country: Bruhn, Hollands, Ugle-Hagan, Stevens, Lazzaro, Ginnivan, Gay, Henry, Berry (9)

Vic Metro: Ford, Phillips, McInness, Downie, Clarke, Macrae, Bowey, Perkins, Cox (9)

SA: Durdin, Thilthorpe, Edwards, Schofield, Baldwin (5)

WA: O'Driscoll, Carroll, Western, McDonald, Grainger-Barrass, Trew, Morris (7)

its a rough top 40 and very early prediction, but imagine the Allies winning the Championships? btw 13/40 are F/S or Academy aligned players

ill make it a top 40:

Allies: Gulden, Davies, Davis, Collins, Crozier, Campbell, Callow, Byrne, Green, Jeffrey (10)

Vic Country: Bruhn, Hollands, Ugle-Hagan, Stevens, Lazzaro, Ginnivan, Gay, Henry, Berry (9)

Vic Metro: Ford, Phillips, McInness, Downie, Clarke, Macrae, Bowey, Perkins, Cox (9)

its a rough top 40 and very early prediction, but imagine the Allies winning the Championships? btw 13/40 are F/S or Academy aligned players

Thanks

How do you rate the top 40 a year out compared to previous years? Top end? Depth? Etc.

my prediction of the top 30 for 2020 AFL Draft, no order:

Bruhn (Geel)
Durdin (SA)
O'Driscoll (WA)
Carroll (WA)
Gulden (Syd A)
Davies (GCS A)
Western (WA) Frem NGA
Ford (West)
Phillips (Oak)
Thilthorpe (SA)
Hollands (Murr)
Davis (TAS)
Collins (TAS)
Edwards (SA) Adel F/S
Ugle-Hagan (Oak) WB NGA
Crozier (Bris A)
McInness (Oak) Coll NGA
N.Stevens (GWV) WB NGA
McDonald (WA)
Grainger-Barrass (WA)
Downie (East) Haw NGA
Campbell (Syd A)
Lazzaro (Geel)
Ginnivan (Bend)
Clarke (East)
Macrae (Oak)
Callow (TAS)
Bowey (Sand)
Perkins (Sand)
Schofield (SA) Port F/S

just outside the top group: Gay, Henry, Baldwin, Cox
Henry and Baldwin should definitely be in there not sure how you can have Lazzaro in there he wasn’t in any major squad as bottom ager , I would have Sam Berry in the mix also .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill make it a top 40:

Hi Davo,

where would you place Luke Edwards at this stage? Is he top 20, 10 or even potentially 5?

Am wondering if Adelaide would look at trading its 2020 1sr rounder which is very likely a top 10 and potentially top 5 year rather than having to use it to match a bid for Edwards.

Hi Davo,

where would you place Luke Edwards at this stage? Is he top 20, 10 or even potentially 5?

Am wondering if Adelaide would look at trading its 2020 1sr rounder which is very likely a top 10 and potentially top 5 year rather than having to use it to match a bid for Edwards.

probably top 10 as he was the best player from the 2020 draft pool at the u18 championships this year (very unlucky not to be all-australian from the champs as well i thought), that would be my early prediction, whereas the top 5 will probably be more KPP's and mids, he has a small chance of being top 5 if things go right for him though, its too early to be certain on any prediction.

Last edited:
probably top 10 as he was the best player from the 2020 draft pool at the u18 championships this year (very unlucky not to be all-australian from the champs as well i thought), that would be my early prediction, whereas the top 5 will probably be more KPP's and mids, he has a small chance of being top 5 if things go right for him though, its too early to be certain on any prediction.
Thanks David. I understand there is a lot of water to pass under the bridge but appreciate the early indication.

ill make it a top 40:

Is Baldwin tied to the crows NGA academy?
I noticed he was listed previously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back