Review 2020 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought I’d do a small amount of pre-planning for my rankings and ended up spending the whole time just updating heights and weights in my excel and identifying vic players who will play school football aswell

Already have 85 players on the Excel sheet for next year so before I knew it the day is almost over with just getting all that sorted, had another watch of the all stars game again aswell with only a few other things catching my eye which was hardly worth the 2 hours haha
That game was so boring to watch. Ugle-Hagan playing half back was funny to see. The rotations to try and get everyone involved reminded me of an nba all star game

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He reminds me of Jack Darling, already a good size and just a natural strong marking and hard leading forward.
Do you think he is a better prospect than ugle-hagan? Also the key forward for Tassy. Is he a chance for
A first round selection?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you think he is a better prospect than ugle-hagan? Also the key forward for Tassy. Is he a chance for
A first round selection?
Ugle-Hagan has him covered for speed and athleticism which is why he will be rated higher but I have him ahead of Callow and he could be a first round prospect but it will depend on how he has recovered and will hopefully be able to start the year strong.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Doesn't have the leap of Ugle Hagan but is strong. Is number 1 KPF IMO. McDonald 2 and Ugle Hagan 3rd.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Everyone in the media ripping next years draft when there will be way better quality talls available. Can’t wait for nationals next year and the fwd line battles, the champs lacked a big fwd leading his team to the title this year. Ugle-hagan for country, Thilthorpe + Baldwin for SA, McDonald for WA and Callow for the Allies. Metro the only team without an out and out KPF star

Last edited:

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Everyone in the media ripping next years draft when there will be way better quality talls available. Can’t wait for nationals next year and the fwd line battles, the champs lacked a big fwd leading his team to the title this year. Ugle-hagan for country, Thilthorpe + Baldwin for SA, McDonald for WA and Callow for the Allies. Metro the only team without an out and out KPF star
I wonder if the Allies will play more of their bottom age kids at the Nationals. I would love to see Noah McFadyen get a run against the top age kids.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Thought I’d do a small amount of pre-planning for my rankings and ended up spending the whole time just updating heights and weights in my excel and identifying vic players who will play school football aswell

Already have 85 players on the Excel sheet for next year so before I knew it the day is almost over with just getting all that sorted, had another watch of the all stars game again aswell with only a few other things catching my eye which was hardly worth the 2 hours haha
Alright genuine take, is Blake Coleman better than his brother?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Nikolas Cox, Liam McMahon and Ollie Lord are the metro guys that are a chance to push into that grouping, although Cox will likely Ruck in the champs.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Nikolas Cox, Liam McMahon and Ollie Lord are the metro guys that are a chance to push into that grouping, although Cox will likely Ruck in the champs.
I don’t think Cox will ruck most likely plays on the wing at the champs next year. Sam Tucker and McMahon could play forward/defence depending on the mix they want. Josh Eyre will be another key forward that will play champs and Cody Brand down back.

Plenty of tall options for Metro just not of the high quality as other states going of this year.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t think Cox will ruck most likely plays on the wing at the champs next year. Sam Tucker and McMahon could play forward/defence depending on the mix they want. Josh Eyre will be another key forward that will play champs and Cody Brand down back.

Plenty of tall options for Metro just not of the high quality as other states going of this year.
Cody brand will have his hands full at the champs next year

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

How are you rating Eyre at the moment?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
How are you rating Eyre at the moment?
Came from the clouds a bit but has shown some great talent as a potential contested marking forward, massive upside aswell. Another taller player I didn’t mention from Calder is Campbell Edwards who I don’t rate as highly as other talls but he has his fans and can also play as a tall wingman or key forward

i forgot to add Bailey Laurie to my lists, he was really good for Oakleigh especially in the finals, i would add him to my top 30 or so for next year
Yep, seen a bit of him as well he does lack consistency imo. His good is easily good enough though.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Came from the clouds a bit but has shown some great talent as a potential contested marking forward, massive upside aswell. Another taller player I didn’t mention from Calder is Campbell Edwards who I don’t rate as highly as other talls but he has his fans and can also play as a tall wingman or key forward
I was going to list Edwardes but think he's the type that's best suited to a wing rather than a KPP role

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Harry Sharp if he goes all in with footy this season, looked pretty good a in a couple of games last year, plays a bit outside but an elite runner and skills pretty decent? Your opinion?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Harry Sharp if he goes all in with footy this season, looked pretty good a in a couple of games last year, plays a bit outside but an elite runner and skills pretty decent? Your opinion?
Sharp hasn’t been on my radar so i don’t know too much about him yet, will certainly go back through his highlights at some point and give you my thoughts

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wonder if the Allies will play more of their bottom age kids at the Nationals. I would love to see Noah McFadyen get a run against the top age kids.
Have you seen any of the Suns academy forward prospects?
Mcfadyen seems the standout from the u16 titles but Lockett and Bella also rated a mention on some of the write-ups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back