Review 2020 Draft General Discussion

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Have you seen any of the Suns academy forward prospects?
Mcfadyen seems the standout from the u16 titles but Lockett and Bella also rated a mention on some of the write-ups.
An underrated suns prospect is Max Pescud, really light but don’t mind the look of him as a player that can play all 3 lines as a smaller type.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
An underrated suns prospect is Max Pescud, really light but don’t mind the look of him as a player that can play all 3 lines as a smaller type.
Nice. I haven't seen him play but saw he averaged 18 disposals in the NAB league this year.

Have you seen any of the Suns academy forward prospects?
Mcfadyen seems the standout from the u16 titles but Lockett and Bella also rated a mention on some of the write-ups.
I prefer Lockett the most of those three. Austin Harris the other one to watch out for. Watched the U16s champs so have an idea about them.

Anywhere to access the games from last year?
Doubt it unfortunately. It’s a “you had to be there” kind of thing. It seems like a fairly even crop though don’t know why it’s in this thread haha.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Doubt it unfortunately. It’s a “you had to be there” kind of thing. It seems like a fairly even crop though don’t know why it’s in this thread haha.
i watched the metro country game live but thought someone wouldve uploaded the carnival games to youtube by now. The female carnivals always seemed to get released.

i watched the metro country game live but thought someone wouldve uploaded the carnival games to youtube by now. The female carnivals always seemed to get released.
The U18s do, not U16s though. Probably aiming to shelter them from spotlight for at least another year.

Raymond Rays

Draftee
Dec 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone know how Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is apart of the Vic Country hub but plays for Oakleigh Chargers?
Thanks

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Davo-27 do you see a bit of a poor mans Josh Kennedy in Jamarra? I think the buddy comparisons are ridiculous and unfair. There’s only one buddy. But he’s got a ripping highlights reel for an underage player.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Davo-27 do you see a bit of a poor mans Josh Kennedy in Jamarra? I think the buddy comparisons are ridiculous and unfair. There’s only one buddy. But he’s got a ripping highlights reel for an underage player.

That’s who I say he plays like jjk great on the lead with nimble feet. Plays nothing like franklin currently but that’s not saying he won’t when he matures.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s who I say he plays like jjk great on the lead with nimble feet. Plays nothing like franklin currently but that’s not saying he won’t when he matures.

To be fair, there was very little inkling when Buddy was 17/18 that he would become a once in a generational talent.

Also, Buddy’s hands and general marking ability has nothing on JUH at the same age.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
To be fair, there was very little inkling when Buddy was 17/18 that he would become a once in a generational talent.

Also, Buddy’s hands and general marking ability has nothing on JUH at the same age.
talking about the style of play not the quality of the player. People at the time did say Buddy could be anything

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

i can see some buddy and josh kennedy in JUH, i remember when buddy got to the Hawks and he was a skinny tall kid and back then he had good hands above his head until he hurt his shoulders, JUH also has the lead and strong contested mark of josh kennedy so i can see that he shares both of their traits to some degree, but obviously he will be his own player and he has already had a strong impact in his underage year 24 goals in 9 games, which is what the bulldogs would be wanting to see as he matures into his adult physique, he doesnt have buddy's long 60m kick and only a fraction of his agility, so there are some similarities and differences.

Thank you for that. Makes more sense now
By the way, who are the best chance of Geelong kids to get drafted

Tanner Bruhn and Oliver Henry are two i think will.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Cam Fleeton and Charlie Lazzaro are 2 others that caught my eye at different times this year, I'll be interested to see how they develop in 2020.
I'm also interested in reading about Noah Gadsby.
Gadsby would be my pick of the 3 at this stage, he has some serious wheels and a nice size aswell.

carljohnson7765

Draftee
Dec 12, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
O'Driscoll #1? Jeez, he's a worse kick than Deven Robertson and that's tough. Great extractor and can find it, but couldn't hit a barn door from 20m.

Grainger-Barras is a very special player and should easily be the first KPD off the board in 2020. Fits the mould of the new-age defender very well but could add a couple of centimetres.

Isiah Winder from Peel is one to keep an eye on. Apparently 178cm/77kg but I'd say he's taller than that measurement. Has the cleanest hands I've seen in the WA junior system. Averaging 18.7 disposals but has played some games as a running defender and one or two as a lead-up forward. 75% disposal efficiency for the season, rarely misses a target.

Finn Gorringe (EF) is impressive, can see him taking on a bigger role with EF next year without the likes of Rivers, Warner, J.Jackson if he plays a full season there but I don't know what the deal is with his school (Aquinas) footy commitments.

Zane Trew (SD) has no problems with finding the footy. Averaged 30 in his 3 colts games this season, including 41 + 10 tackles against Perth in R3. Will have a blinder next season I reckon. Predicting a similar championships to Dev Robertson.

Joel Western (C) is a Freo NGA Academy kid with blistering pace and a sublime change of direction but not much else. Fails to compose himself when kicking on the run and it can literally go anywhere. Hope someone has a whisper in his ear about that because it's a liability at colts level, let alone at the Champs next season.

Brandon & Chris Walker (EF) both Freo NGA boys, sublime athletes. Brandon the better footballer, seem to both lack impact as medium running defenders. Would like to see them unleashed on a wing.

Adam Boules (EP) an absolute ball magnet. Averaging 21.3 as an underager leading EP's midfield. Not damaging but always need someone to get the ball.

Connor Heuer (PT) a project key forward if I've ever seen one. Great on the lead, has a good frame and will be able to add size, very long kick but a little wayward sometimes. Only 8.12 from 12 games, but there's something to work with.

Logan McDonald (P) - haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assessment but from all accounts seems to be a smaller key forward capable of kicking bags.

Ira Jetta (SF) had a late start to the season due to injury, eased his way back into his first game and has averaged 20 disposals since then. Has kicked 5 goals from 9 games as a midfielder in a team who is lucky to score most games. Very impressive at the stoppages.

Others I like the look of: Heath Chapman (WP), Sandon Page (S), Jack Carroll (EF), Edward Curley (EF), Owen Dann (EF), Keanu Haddow (EF), Jonathon Ietto (PT)

Hi Tj just seen your comment about Nathans Kicking and I totally disagree mate, I have been watching and scouting him from a young age and the kid demonstrates a beautiful penetrating left foot. Maybe you should watch his games more heavily first and then start comment on it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Hi Tj just seen your comment about Nathans Kicking and I totally disagree mate, I have been watching and scouting him from a young age and the kid demonstrates a beautiful penetrating left foot. Maybe you should watch his games more heavily first and then start comment on it.
G’day carljohnson7765, welcome to BigFooty.

Which team do you work for as a WA scout?

Back