List Mgmt. 2020 Draft - JUH & Bedendo

Remove this Banner Ad

So people are furious that we rerookied Roarke and Hayes when we could've got speculative rookies.

People are also furious that we got speculative picks when we could've kept Porter and Greene.

This place is hilarious sometimes.

Looking at McNeils stats, he can kick a goal and is a tacklling beast, we may try him as a pressure forward.

So does anyone know what happens with Raak now? Does he slot onto our list as a Cat B like Khamis did? Or did we pass on him?

So people are furious that we rerookied Roarke and Hayes when we could've got speculative rookies.

People are also furious that we got speculative picks when we could've kept Porter and Greene.

Looking at McNeils stats, he can kick a goal and is a tacklling beast, we may try him as a pressure forward.
Why draft a mid to turn them into a forward when there are forwards available though?

Shocked to see Kyle Dunkley overlooked by Essendon after being used as a pawn in their trade attempt. (Unless they're planning on getting him in the SSP)

Why draft a mid to turn them into a forward when there are forwards available though?
Because the players playing forward in SANFL reserves aren't good enough to play midfield at that relatively lowly level?

So does anyone know what happens with Raak now? Does he slot onto our list as a Cat B like Khamis did? Or did we pass on him?
Assuming that it'll be announced later today is my guess

Shocked to see Kyle Dunkley overlooked by Essendon after being used as a pawn in their trade attempt. (Unless they're planning on getting him in the SSP)
I feel sorry for young Kyle hopefully we sign him up for our VFL side next year

He won’t ever be joining Essendon (josh)

I would've thought we would replace these players with positions of need, not the exact type of player pretty much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would've thought we would replace these players with positions of need, not the exact type of player pretty much
Green was a position of need but I guess the club didn’t rate him, agree McNeils not really but still not comparable to Porter, should have never been on a list in the first place

Can we list McLean as inactive and pick up an SSP? Or whatever the supplementary system is now?

when does it get announced whether we added Cat B rookies?

Should've taken winder or ginnivan was my point either way we will have to wait and see how it all plays out
Seeing us bid on Western gave me high hopes for us taking Winder. I don't mind the Bedendo pick as he looks to have huge upside, but he really does seem like the type we could have taken in the rookie draft.

West Coast did so well this year. Trade what little they had for Zac Langdon and Alex Witherden, then end up drafting Luke Edwards, Isaiah Winder and Zane Trew, all of whom were rated somewhere near the top 30 by many draft watchers.

Can we list McLean as inactive and pick up an SSP? Or whatever the supplementary system is now?

when does it get announced whether we added Cat B rookies?
I think if we make him inactive, we can't play him at all in 2021 (correct me if I'm wrong). On the projected timeline, he could be fit in time for the latter part of the season, and he's an important player for any finals campaign we hope to have. It is probably not worth moving him to inactive unless his injury is taking longer than expected to recover

Should've taken winder or ginnivan was my point either way we will have to wait and see how it all plays out
Well according to Riley Beveridge we did take Winder as Well as Bedendo.

Who they picked: 1. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Oakleigh Chargers), 55. Dominic Bedendo (Murray Bushrangers), 57. Isiah Winder (Peel Thunder). Rookies: Lachlan McNeil (Woodville West Torrens), Roarke Smith (Western Bulldogs)
https://www.afl.com.au/news/528414/who-smashed-it-our-say-on-your-club-s-draft-performance

Just more quality journalism.

Out of curiosity, why delist Porter and Greene and then draft these two blokes?

Isn't it obvious, most players get about 3 to 4 years to prove themselves. By that I mean rise above the speculative picks that they were to be good to great players. Granted only about 1 in 5 go on to be good, yet the next two picks from this draft (one a rookie) get there chance. List turnover is a must of any good club, reality of being a footballer.

McNeil was my favourite young player in the SANFL.

For a 19 year-old he performed very, very well. He topped off his year with being voted 4th best on ground in the grand final.

He isn't just clean below his knees, it's actually remarkable how clean he is. Dozens of clean half-volley pickups this year.

If you are interested in seeing him at his best. Watch the 3rd quarter of the Prelim, 2nd quarter of the grand final and the 1st quarter of the match against Glenelg which was about round 10. All on 7plus.
Cheers mate, love people coming in with some info about the new kids, especially the total unknowns

Ewan MacPherson must be feeling pretty flat right about now.

Nominated as F/S in the rookie draft and goes undrafted.

We are an odd club at times.
This has got me mystified. I was under the impression that if we nominated a player as a FS we were obliged to draft him (even if it was with our last pick). Has that rule changed? Or was it never a rule? Or was the information I read here that we nominated him as a FS incorrect?

Any other explanation as to how we weren't forced to take him?

I'll be "Super" disappointed if we miss out on Ewan. This McNeil kid had better be good!

Lol, sounds like you are channelling MD there.

I agree we can't have it both ways but maybe it's just different people with differing opinions?

FWIW I have no problem with us speculating on McNeil if he's the kid they reckon is the best of those who are left. While I would have been happy to see Raak or MacPherson chosen I'm happy to see how a kid I've never heard of turns out (and there are plenty of those!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back