List Mgmt. 2020 Draft - JUH & Bedendo

Remove this Banner Ad

We need use five picks (26, 33, 41, 42, 54) as they're the ones with points attached (90 isn't worth any) - so we'll need five list spots free.

JUH will soak up picks and I assume McPherson is bid on before 54 so we'll be looking at perhaps one late live bid, Raak slips to the Cat B rookie list, and we pass to keep 2 list spots free for DFA/PSD options.

We need use five picks (26, 33, 41, 42, 54) as they're the ones with points attached (90 isn't worth any) - so we'll need five list spots free.

JUH will soak up picks and I assume McPherson is bid on before 54 so we'll be looking at perhaps one late live bid, Raak slips to the Cat B rookie list, and we pass to keep 2 list spots free for DFA/PSD options.
Cat B are outside the list mate.

Would be JUH, EMac, 3 late picks or DFAs and maybe Raak as a Cat B.

Our recruiters would have known about us only using very late picks or DFAs after HUH and EMac so they'd have their eyes out on those sort of players. We have a good history of nailing these picks so I'm confident in them.

I still don't think Marra gets bid on in the top 3 which means with our current picks we would end up with pick 42 to use on another player.
There should still be some decent talent on the board at that point in the draft.

First attempt at a mock draft top 10
View attachment 1012123

Macrae will be 7, as Bombers will take him first of their 3.

Bombers really need O’Driscoll but he will likely go to GWS. They like that edge....

Don’t discount the possibility of GC moving to pick 3 with a trade to take Hollands. They really like his attacking potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens if all of our picks get eaten up by a JUH bid? Do we get picks allocated at the end of the 4th round?
Discussed here.
Essentially only a matched bid at pick 1 will wipe our picks out. In that case we would get extra picks after our last (90) by which time pretty much every other club will have finished drafting so they'll probably come in a bunch (90,91, 92, etc).

Discussed here.
Essentially only a matched bid at pick 1 will wipe our picks out. In that case we would get extra picks after our last (90) by which time pretty much every other club will have finished drafting so they'll probably come in a bunch (90,91, 92, etc).
Cheers!!!!!

I reckon it's a perfect year to look at some mature aged talent in the state leagues!!!!!! Exciting.

Macrae will be 7, as Bombers will take him first of their 3.

Bombers really need O’Driscoll but he will likely go to GWS. They like that edge....

Don’t discount the possibility of GC moving to pick 3 with a trade to take Hollands. They really like his attacking potential.

The last one I wasn't sure whether to pick Macrae, Perkins, or O'Driscoll, but I went with the salty option.

With the trade period done I've turned my attention to the draft. Here is my first round phantom.

1. Crows - THILTHORPE. Has been their favourite for a long time, seen as the perfect long term partner for O'Brien as a fwd/ruck
  2. Roos - MCDONALD. Already competed in wa against men and preformed outstandingly. Is a rare kpp in that he will be ready to impact come round 1
  3. Dog - match bid UGLE-HAGAN. dogs know exactly what they're getting here
  4. swans - GRAINGER-BARRES. for a team bereft of kpps dgb offers a developable key back swans will pair up with gould as the building blocks for their future back 50
  5. hawks - HOLLANDS. best available selection for a team lacking quality youth across the board
  6. suns - PHILLIPS. reunion of chargers, will make a formidable trio for the next 10 years.
  7. swans - match bid CAMPBELL
  8. pies - match bid MCINNES
  9. ess - RIED. 200cm prospect they can develope to take over after imminent retirements of hooker and Hurley
  10. ess - macrea adding macrea will offset the potential loss of merrett to free agency next year, could potentially play HFF next year as he developed
  11. ess- POULTER. at 191cm ess finally get their big body mid they've been crying out for
  12. crows - PERKINS. will add much needed speed and agility to the crows one paced midfield, will start his career as a fwd
  13. Port - match bid JONES
  14. GWS - Chapman . At 193cm is short for a kpd but is a capable interceptor and rebounder perfect Shaw replacement
  15. roos - BRUHN. should be a top 10 prospect had it not been for injury and covid layoff quality player to add to north aging midfield
  16. Freo - COX. look past a couple WA options to draft to instead select an athletically gifted 200cm player, yet to lockdown a position but should develope at CHB
  17. gws - O'DRISCOLL. capable of playing HB aswell as inside mid or on a wing this tackling machine didn't have the year I hoped but is a value pickup here.
  18. pies - COOK. has grown 7cm in 12 months to be this year's bolter great 3rd tall forward or pushing upto a wing.
  19. Rich - CARROLL. offers versitiliy to a star studded tigers line up as an inside/outside mid also capable at half back
  20. Melb - FORD. athletic line breaker who adds alot of x-factor, will start as a forward but at 189cm will look to push into the midfield in a fyfe/bont role
  21. Melb - HENRY. another 3rd tall option capable at either end of the ground, loves to launch at the ball similar to Howe
  22. swans - match bid GULDEN
  23. gws - LAURIE. adds much needed speed to a tall gws f50, what he lacks in consistency and defencive pressure he makes up in evasiveness, xfactor and impact per-posession.

Reckon due to the seasons being shut down
Dogs will look at pre-existing players they have already tested and look at their VFL stock for any rookie picks

Players like:
Craig Cooper-Peters
Lochie Dawson
Josh Kellett
Cody Henness
Anthony Scott

With the trade period done I've turned my attention to the draft. Here is my first round phantom.

1. Crows - THILTHORPE. Has been their favourite for a long time, seen as the perfect long term partner for O'Brien as a fwd/ruck
  2. Roos - MCDONALD. Already competed in wa against men and preformed outstandingly. Is a rare kpp in that he will be ready to impact come round 1
  3. Dog - match bid UGLE-HAGAN. dogs know exactly what they're getting here
  4. swans - GRAINGER-BARRES. for a team bereft of kpps dgb offers a developable key back swans will pair up with gould as the building blocks for their future back 50
  5. hawks - HOLLANDS. best available selection for a team lacking quality youth across the board
  6. suns - PHILLIPS. reunion of chargers, will make a formidable trio for the next 10 years.
  7. swans - match bid CAMPBELL
  8. pies - match bid MCINNES
  9. ess - RIED. 200cm prospect they can develope to take over after imminent retirements of hooker and Hurley
  10. ess - macrea adding macrea will offset the potential loss of merrett to free agency next year, could potentially play HFF next year as he developed
  11. ess- POULTER. at 191cm ess finally get their big body mid they've been crying out for
  12. crows - PERKINS. will add much needed speed and agility to the crows one paced midfield, will start his career as a fwd
  13. Port - match bid JONES
  14. GWS - Chapman . At 193cm is short for a kpd but is a capable interceptor and rebounder perfect Shaw replacement
  15. roos - BRUHN. should be a top 10 prospect had it not been for injury and covid layoff quality player to add to north aging midfield
  16. Freo - COX. look past a couple WA options to draft to instead select an athletically gifted 200cm player, yet to lockdown a position but should develope at CHB
  17. gws - O'DRISCOLL. capable of playing HB aswell as inside mid or on a wing this tackling machine didn't have the year I hoped but is a value pickup here.
  18. pies - COOK. has grown 7cm in 12 months to be this year's bolter great 3rd tall forward or pushing upto a wing.
  19. Rich - CARROLL. offers versitiliy to a star studded tigers line up as an inside/outside mid also capable at half back
  20. Melb - FORD. athletic line breaker who adds alot of x-factor, will start as a forward but at 189cm will look to push into the midfield in a fyfe/bont role
  21. Melb - HENRY. another 3rd tall option capable at either end of the ground, loves to launch at the ball similar to Howe
  22. swans - match bid GULDEN
  23. gws - LAURIE. adds much needed speed to a tall gws f50, what he lacks in consistency and defencive pressure he makes up in evasiveness, xfactor and impact per-posession.

Essendon bidding on McInness with one of their top 10 picks would be peak Dodo.

Essendon bidding on McInness with one of their top 10 picks would be peak Dodo.
Big body and late birthday suggest his got a lot of development left. Wouldn't put it past him to bid three times in a row (Campbell, mcinnes and jones)

I think we'll have a pick in the 40s/50s left over. Obviously it's a total crapshoot, but any key defenders / small forwards / outside mids touted to go somewhere around there that would be a good fit?
Going to be alot of small forwards later on in this draft already covered in earlier pages. Not many key defenders outside the top 30

I think we'll have a pick in the 40s/50s left over. Obviously it's a total crapshoot, but any key defenders / small forwards / outside mids touted to go somewhere around there that would be a good fit?
Second hand info only ... it has been suggested that isiah Winder, Phoenix Spicer and Maurice Rioli Jr would be available around there. I know nothing about them except that they all have great names (for different reasons). Rioli could be matched as a FS of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back