List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Mega Thread - picks 35, 47, 57, 59, 73, 95

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched 3/4 qtrs of the eagles south game

Taj - disappointing. 14d and 3 clrs. He should be well above this level considering how he was rated as a 16yr old. Skills were several levels above those around him but looks like an 8yr old compared to the rest of the under 18’s. I questioned earlier why as a 16yr old he was supposedly one of the top players and nearing senior selection but 2 years later playing under 18’s.. I got my answer. He’s far too small and has no aerial ability to play anywhere other than around the contest, but he’s far too small for play in the contest against seniors (Or juniors) right now. At afl level he could have a career skating around packs collecting handballs and using that very sharp disposal of his but that’s such a limited use of a spot in the 22. Very good ball user though. Very similar player to his dad (Prob a better kick) except his dad worked harder around the ground and mids have grown a foot taller since his dad played.

jase Burgoyne (2021) - was shocked to find out he had 22d. Amazingly he could have had a lot more because he time and again puts himself in a good receiving position and his team ignored him, which won’t happen at afl level where those movements are encouraged. He is incredibly outside and incredibly soft. A great height but skinny. Lots to work on but lots to work with.

poulter - amazing game 34d 10t 7clr 1goal. A 191cm big bodied mid. Love the way he plays through contact. Has big wide shoulders that are going to make him a massive unit in a few years.

Horne - 2021 draft eligible. Super super talent! Attacks the ball in the air amazingly well. Has a super burst either in the air or on the ground. He will be an elite mid I reckon. Reminded me of Bartel.

other good players but those were the ones I watched closely.

Last edited:
How far could Taj slide? Wouldn’t want to waste a pick on him.

im positive he’s sliding well beyond where he was expected to be drafted a while ago.

This is just my opinion and others may see him differently.

He shouldn’t go before the 3rd round imo.

I don’t see him as a need for us, and if he doesn’t want to be coached by his dad I would much rather Schofield the coach than Schofield the f/s. Taj needs to become a boak or Brad hill outside runner to make it as a high level player imo and that’s a tough ask.

we’re going to have more good draft picks than list spots at the end of the year. If wines goes + those 3 second rounders were every chance to be able to go to the draft with 3 very high picks for a 3rd year in a row but if we’re committed to both jones and taj we won’t have the list spots. Trading into 2021 draft is an option but I think that would be difficult.

Last edited:

Didn't Port trade out of the first round beacuse our fs like Taj?

That was speculation of why we traded out, never confirmed by the club as far as I know.

I think the club was actually backing themselves to improve and were so keen on Georgiades. Don’t think f/s has anything to do with it. We could have traded our first out this year if it was beneficial see dogs pies Sydney with ngas that will go before their firsts

Quick test for you, pick one guy from that game that you did not know of or barely knew that caught your eye as a possible draftee????

I’m going to fail. I specifically only watched a few players particularly closely. I barely paid attention to Roberts for example even though I knew he was involved cause I was watching a select few even off the ball. Poulter was the big surprise for me not knowing much about him other than name and size but Horne screamed afl superstar and was just impossible to miss.

I’m going to fail. I specifically only watched a few players particularly closely. I barely paid attention to Roberts for example even though I knew he was involved cause I was watching a select few even off the ball. Poulter was the big surprise for me not knowing much about him other than name and size but Horne screamed afl superstar and was just impossible to miss.

Horne is Fabian Francis' step son. He'll be a star. Will be the first SA player picked in his draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw that any deficit carried over from the previous year automatically pushes picks back. So if you had pick 1, 3000 points, and carry over even a 1 point deficit you slide to pick to 2 ~2500 points.

Hopefully this will see clubs get serious when it comes to bidding on academy prospects.

Fremantle had 2 chances to bid on this weeks rising start Tom Green last year. They didn’t. Carlton bid on Liam Henry at pick 9 and now they have a few hundred point deficit on the first round pick that will see it slide back a place or two.

It's funny how people rate players differently.

I remember watching Jones in a game execute a kick that was AFL elite. And his defending was exceptional. That's all I needed to see from him to know he'll be an outstanding player at AFL level - I see him becoming a great replacement for Hartlett in the side.

Schofield will be a great addition to the side as well - you can always use more skilled runners.

I know people like the uncertainty of the draft, but we'll be improving our list if we bring in Jones, Schofield and a free agent. That suits me just fine.

Rendell has been on Dwayne's show talking 2020 draft prospects, now talking general footy stuff.

Was going thru all the general kids then went thru who was tied to each club re academies. Said Port "have a fantastic Aboriginal kid, Jones, who is a likely top 10 pick."

Said the kid tied to Sydney, a left footer, is probably the best kick he has seen since he has been watching draft prospects.

Rendell has been on Dwayne's show talking 2020 draft prospects, now talking general footy stuff.

Was going thru all the general kids then went thru who was tied to each club re academies. Said Port "have a fantastic Aboriginal kid, Jones, who is a likely top 10 pick."

Said the kid tied to Sydney, a left footer, is probably the best kick he has seen since he has been watching draft prospects.
Shut up Rendell lol is there any footage of this kid?

Last edited:
Yeah that’s bullshit about jones. Playing games there or what. He’s got stuff about him to very much like, I’m stoked we have him as an nga, but no one should have him anywhere near the top 10. There’s like dozens of kids dominating juniors, Jones is currently a role player with some very nice attributes.

the Sydney player he’s talking about is Campbell, who is one of my favourites in this draft. Has a beautiful kick on him although I hadn’t thought of it as one of the best ever but yeah, it’s damn good. Completely underrated. Once Phillips and Hollands are off the board I see no reason currently not to look closely at him every pick after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back