List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Mega Thread - picks 35, 47, 57, 59, 73, 95

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows to bid on him with pick 1 lol

If they were smart, Bid on the Dogs NGA, then bid on McInness, if matched take either Holland’s or Bruhn - Which ever their medicos back in.

They are the Crows so they will go Tilthorpe...

If they some how ended up with the first two picks, I would then take Tilthorpe at #1, then Ugle-Hagan, McInness, Hollands/Bruhn.

Interesting times ahead!

I can see Crows choosing one of our FS or Academy players with each of their very early picks just to try to stuff us up. That is how they roll, truly.
They couldn’t handle the heat that would come there way if it backfired. They will be happy enough striking Borlase in front of our faces.

If they were smart, Bid on the Dogs NGA, then bid on McInness, if matched take either Holland’s or Bruhn - Which ever their medicos back in.

They are the Crows so they will go Tilthorpe...

If they some how ended up with the first two picks, I would then take Tilthorpe at #1, then Ugle-Hagan, McInness, Hollands/Bruhn.

Interesting times ahead!
If the Crows bid on McInnes with their first pick, I'd call them anything but smart

They couldn’t handle the heat that would come there way if it backfired. They will be happy enough striking Borlase in front of our faces.
It’s sad that you can already see the narrative on the wall for the fella, two years in their system, heaps of media about how we were hard done by, only to have him delisted without playing a game.

Port offer him a train on spot, take him late in the draft and he becomes a 4x Premiership Player at CHB for the Club his Dad grew up playing for...

I can see Crows choosing one of our FS or Academy players with each of their very early picks just to try to stuff us up. That is how they roll, truly.

I'm still convinced they only traded their second rounder to Sydney last year if Sydney agreed to bid on Mead. Slimy campaigners. Otherwise why else would Sydney have traded up for a pick only to bid on a player they knew they weren't going to get?

I'm still convinced they only traded their second rounder to Sydney last year if Sydney agreed to bid on Mead. Slimy campaigners. Otherwise why else would Sydney have traded up for a pick only to bid on a player they knew they weren't going to get?

Yep.

there’s no way you bother trading up to bid on a player.

they traded up to pick up a player. (It was will gould who had slid into the mid 20’s). They had a pick around 28 that they could have waited and bid on mead. But they traded up to 25, obviously not to bid. They would have been worried that Adelaide or geelong would have taken gould and wanted to get up.

I’m positive the swans wanted to trade up and that was a caveat on the trade.

Yep.

they traded up to pick up a player. (It was will gould who had slid into the mid 20’s)

they either did it on behalf of the crows or they strategically wanted to wipe out our picks but from memory there was no benefit to that as he was getting bid on before the swans next pick anyway.

Wanted to screw us over but didn't have the balls to do it themselves. Absolute gutless flogs.

Exactly what I said at the time spot on campaigners both of them.

Yep.

they traded up to pick up a player. (It was will gould who had slid into the mid 20’s). They had a pick around 28 that they could have waited and bid on mead. But they traded up to 25, obviously not to bid. They would have been worried that Adelaide or geelong would have taken gould and wanted to get up.

Exactly what I said at the time spot on campaigners both of them.
If it's any consolation, they are 3 wins and 25% behind 17th, they have possibly the worst youth in the league, and nepotism is so tightly ingrained in the club's ethos that there's little hope they'll ever improve from being a desolate, soulless entity that past and present players can't wait to forever disassociate themselves from. Their past, present and future are forever ****ed.

If it's any consolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanted to screw us over but didn't have the balls to do it themselves. Absolute gutless flogs.

Especially when Sydney refused to bid on Tom Green and let GWS make out like bandits.

South Australian draft hopefuls to impress at under-18 level last week included Caleb Poulter (27 disposals) and ball-magnet Tom Powell (27 disposals, 10 clearances).

At senior level in the SANFL, Woodville-West Torrens defender Lachie Jones continued his excellent season with 17 disposals, while small forward Corey Durdin was busy for Centrals with a goal and five inside 50s.

That’s monumentally insane

I love the guy but he should be a bargain. The history of mature bodied small defenders getting drafted says that they get underrated.

How many defenders (legit defenders not running defenders who rack up a tonne of ball in the midfield like ash or young) get drafted top 20?

the best example is smith who was drafted in the 30’s by Brisbane in 2019.

That’s monumentally insane

I love the guy but he should be a bargain. The history of mature bodied small defenders getting drafted says that they get underrated.

How many defenders (legit defenders not running defenders who rack up a tonne of ball in the midfield like ash or young) get drafted top 20?

the best example is smith who was drafted in the 30’s by Brisbane in 2019.

There is no one besides Thilthorpe that has more exposed form as he is playing SANFL seniors.

If you could guarantee that Jones has a career like Jonas then you’d pick him top 20 everytime.

It could be he’s crept up due to lack of victorian players playing, but I think you are underrating him a bit philthy.

In terms of non attacking defenders going early, in the last 10 years there has been:

Sheppard - 7
Howard -15
Tape - 13
Buntine - 5
Sheridan - 18
Vlaustin - 9
Thurlow - 16
KK - 5
Duggan - 11
Doedee - 17
Logue - 8
Perryman - 14