Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Tall defender with athleticism and great combine results. And now he's played forward that one time so everyone can reference it forever.

Do I smell a Hamish special coming up? Ticks a lot of (his) boxes

* me not another KPD first rounder coming up

Wonder if any other club had Stocker in their top 100 in 2018!

FTFY

And just like that, the tide has turned against McDonald for no apparent reason.

1603062612506.png

hawkins in the qualifier against port in perfect conditions: 0 goals, 5 behinds.

f*n dogshit buddy.

he's never been a good kick for goal. you guys can stay in denial.

I've always though FF's kick at about 66%. Ranked in order:

Tony Lockett 1360.590 = 69.744%
Jason Dunstall 1254.641 = 66.174%
Tom Porkins 600.329 = 64.586%
Charlie Dixon 245.143 = 63.144%
Tex Walker 441.288 = 60.494%
Gary Ablett Sr = 1031.690 = 59.907%*
Lance Franklin 944.677 = 58.236%
Grant Total 5875.3358 = 63.630%

AVFv.gif

* no penalty applied for Alicia Horan, his fake Jesus said not to.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am hoping someone bids early on Lauchie Jones. I will hate seeing PA get a free hit on someone that may turn out a Shannon Hurn or Robbie Gray type player. He will play rd1 next year for most sides.
Yeah agree completely he is ready to play AFL , they have struck gold there and our 3 NGA .FS picks dont come even close .
Hollands for me has to be our no 1 pick and only hope somehow can get pick 2 for Brad and if not whatever can get try to trade picks to to enable us to get Thillthorpe.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Down to Hollands v Thilthorpe for our first?

23a4a2253cd8f711c02ac213b59953c4.gif

Who knows, but i think this is how it should be decided

I suspect it will be JUH matched, then we take Thilthorpe at #2, and we take the best available midfielder at #8

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah agree completely he is ready to play AFL , they have struck gold there and our 3 NGA .FS picks dont come even close .
Hollands for me has to be our no 1 pick and only hope somehow can get pick 2 for Brad and if not whatever can get try to trade picks to to enable us to get Thillthorpe.
Is he worth bidding with our pick 8? May as well make the Power pay up

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The more low scoring a league is, the more vital offensively great players are to win a premiership.

We've drafted McAsey last season. Let's not waste our time with key backs. We've already over invested in them.
I don't see McAsey sticking around and with Hartigan, Talia on their last legs and Doedee being somewhat injury prone I see our key backs as a weakness. I don't have a lot of confidence in Butts and we haven't seen Worrell yet but he seems like he has the all attributes to succeed. So long term we have Doedee(who isn't a KPB) and Worrell who may develop into one. I hope my feeling on McAsey is wrong and Butts proves me wrong but you can't rely on hope. If you have a potential generational talent at any end of the field you need to try your best to grab them. I would try and get our hands on pick 4 or 5 and if North comes to us with an offer of pick 2 and 9 for 1 i would do it. Would give us 2,4,9 which after consideration I would take Thilthorpe, DGB, Phillips. I like Hollands but he has some variables which increase risk and in our current position i'm not willing to take any risk at this stage. I understand you need to score to win games but I have always believed defence wins flags.

Last edited:

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Just watching their highlights packages Thilthorpe looks the much better prospect.
Mobility, neat kick, clunks pack marks, kicks 60, quick, agile and can play ruck.

Must pick him

Considering his size, if I imagine Thilthorpe as a Kruezer type I have limited interest; if he’s Richmond’s Tom Lynch then I’m all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
As a ruck or a forward? I want a forward with pick 1 or 2, not a ruckman.
Kruezer would have been a star whichever role he played Forward or ruck if not cruelled by injuries.

I'm sure if we draft Thilthorpe it will be very much with the forward role at front of mind.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone know how Phoenix Spicer is shaping up for this draft in terms of draft range?

Also does anyone have any footage of him. I'm interesting in seeing if this kid is a fast as what his numbers would suggest

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Anyone know how Phoenix Spicer is shaping up for this draft in terms of draft range?

Also does anyone have any footage of him. I'm interesting in seeing if this kid is a fast as what his numbers would suggest

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

He moves pretty bloody well. Obviously trusts his own speed and agility. I don't think the camera angle did him any favours in terms of showing off that turn of pace. But its clear its there in spades.

Have you heard much about his skills by foot? Seems to miss a couple kicks in that first clip. Still a work in progress?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He moves pretty well. Obviously trusts his own speed and agility. I don't think the camera angle did him any favours in terms of showing off that turn of pace.

Have you heard much about his skills by foot? Seems to miss a couple kicks in that first clip. Still a work in progress?
He's rough around the edges but plenty to work with, very quick and he did test elite for agility last year 7.80 which is as good as it gets. Hard as a cat's head as well. Remember that footage is from Hickingbotham Oval Nourlunga famous for it's windy conditions when assessing foot skills. Ideal rookie pick for mine.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's rough around the edges but plenty to work with, very quick and he did test elite for agility last year 7.80 which is as good as it gets. Hard as a cat's head as well. Remember that footage is from Hickingbotham Oval Nourlunga famous for it's windy conditions when assessing foot skills. Ideal rookie pick for mine.
I know a lot of people will see his size and speed and immediately think of Charlie Cameron, but that clip made me think more of Lewis Jetta. A true wingman!

Whats your player comparison?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I wondered if that was Newchurch!
#21 for the Roosters is Tariek Newchurch, you'll notice when Phoenix burns him Tariek feigns soreness, something I've seen a few times along with bent over hands on knees when thinks aren't going well for him....it worries me somewhat if I'm being honest.

Phoenix is a small pressure forward for mine at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back