Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Would you guys entertain a trade of Pick 1 or 2 (if you receive it for Crouch) and a later pick for two of Picks 6/7/8/12? Would allow us to pick up McDonald and potentially secure you Thilthorpe and another early selection.

Would you guys entertain a trade of Pick 1 or 2 (if you receive it for Crouch) and a later pick for two of Picks 6/7/8/12? Would allow us to pick up McDonald and potentially secure you Thilthorpe and another early selection.
Not a chance in hell
we want tilthorpe or mcdonald
and holland

main reason for brad trade for pick 2 to get Holland’s

we know pick 1 get kpf we want
pick 2 gets hollands

My problem with the match and trade route is that right now St. Kilda have nothing of value to trade. They will have to engage a 3rd party to find a draft pick suitable and that always gets tricky. I've looked through their list to see if they have any players under 23 that I'd be keen to include and my God, what a wasteland. Other than the King boy (who they will never give up), there is nothing there at all. Any trade offer that includes pick 15 as the jewel should be thrown out immediately.
I just don't see how St. Kilda find a suitable trade. They must know this and so if they really want him they will have to find a way to make sure it is Band 1 compensation.
All comes down to whether or not both us and Brad are actually happy for him to stay here on the matched contract or if it is past that point and both parties are wanting him to move on. If that is the case then we may have to accept less than what we are all hoping for as we will just want to get the deal done. It will probably end up being something like pick 15 and Dunstan.

If both parties are in fact happy for him to stay as per the interview yesterday with Kelly, then we will push them much harder on the trade as we are ok with it not going ahead and him staying. Also will depend on how bad the Saints actually want to bring him in.

My take is that it is now at the point where all parties are in agreeance that he will not be at Adelaide next year, and as such we might not get as much as we all hoped for.

Brett probably has some of the worst comments on this board. Not sure why we bother getting upset. You wouldn't worry about a 4 year old's opinion.
Saying I dont think himmelberg will make it isnt a bad comment. We'll see. Right now Im saying no, he wont make it.

All comes down to whether or not both us and Brad are actually happy for him to stay here on the matched contract or if it is past that point and both parties are wanting him to move on. If that is the case then we may have to accept less than what we are all hoping for as we will just want to get the deal done. It will probably end up being something like pick 15 and Dunstan.

If both parties are in fact happy for him to stay as per the interview yesterday with Kelly, then we will push them much harder on the trade as we are ok with it not going ahead and him staying. Also will depend on how bad the Saints actually want to bring him in.

My take is that it is now at the point where all parties are in agreeance that he will not be at Adelaide next year, and as such we might not get as much as we all hoped for.
I'm pleased to read the thoughts of a poster who(unlike that Rowe character on AA) realises that it is far from being as simplistic as if Crows don't get Band 1 compensation then "he stays". If a player(or any employee, for that matter) has seriously looked over the fence more than once, then chances are that their mind has left the building & no matter what their skills are you have to let them go.

If crows don’t get pick 2, pick 1 will be hollands. They will attempt to move up and get Thilthorpe at 4 or 5.
Disagree. Crows won't take the risk. We will take a KPF with pick 1 if we don't have pick 2. If we took Hollands at 1 North will take McDonald at 2 and Swans (who need a KPF desperately) will take Thilthorpe at pick 3. If they don't Hawthorn will take Thilthorpe as their best KPF is Mitch Lewis and Patton is a bust. Hawks aren't giving up pick 4. They will take Thilthorpe if available or DGB imo.

Last edited:
Disagree. Crows won't take the risk. We will take a KPF with pick 1 if we don't have pick 2. If we took Hollands at 1 North will take McDonald at 2 and Swans (who need a KPF desperately) will take Thilthorpe at pick 3. If they didn't Hawthorn will take Thilthorpe as their best KPF is Mitch Lewis. Hawks aren't giving up pick 4.
Taking a KPF is a much bigger risk than a mid or mid/forward.

Unless you're mattymac

I can’t understand how the media have Daniher as a contract in excess of 700k, 5 years. Will receive band 1.

Yet crouch offered similar deal I think, and he’s not worth band 1, only band 2 😂

I really hope we tell saints to wait until Brisbane have put their FA claim For Daniher in first so we can see what they get offered, then saints only need to match that same contract if they receive band 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has always formed a part in our drafting - that's why most of our Victorian draftees are from Vic Country, not Vic Metro. It's also why we didn't even bother having a WA talent scout for many years.
Um no...and even moreso of late.

Rory Sloane - Eastern Ranges - Vic Metro

Daniel Talia - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Reilly O'Brien - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Richard Douglas - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Jake Lever - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Jack Gunston - Sandringham Dragons - Vic Metro

Jordan Gallucci - Eastern Ranges - Vic Metro

Kane Johnson - Eastern Ranges - Vic Metro

Jake Kelly - Oakleigh Chargers - Vic Metro

Lachlan Sholl - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

David Mackay - Oakleigh Chargers - Vic Metro

Brent Reilly - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Andy Otten - Oakleigh Chargers - Vic Metro

Matthew Signorello - Northern Knights - Vic Metro

Lachlan Murphy - Northern Knights - Vic Metro

Fischer McAsey - Sandringham Dragons - Vic Metro

Josh Worrell - Sandringham Dragons - Vic Metro

Lachlan Gollant - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Rory Atkins - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Kyle Hartigan - Western Jets - Vic Metro

Myke Cook - Sandringham Dragons - Vic Metro

Harry Dear - Sandringham Dragons - Vic Metro

Chris Knights - Eastern Ranges - Vic Metro

Ivan Maric - Calder Cannons - Vic Metro

Dylan Orval - Oakleigh Chargers - Vic Metro

Sam Shaw - Oakleigh Chargers - Vic Metro

Fergus Watts - Sandringham Dragons - Vic Metro

You're ******* joking of course...Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield are both absolute young guns and 100 miles in front of our 1st round pick in that draft performance wise....perhaps if your statement said that might be obtainable it might have had some credibility because sure as sh*t the Saints aren't giving them up..

I'd take Hunter Clark in particular as a level swap.

Can we have both?

Viv Metro lads finally getting to test on Saturday along with the Vic Country lads that have been attending Melbourne Private Schools, 2 I'm particularly interested in seeing the numbers from are Vic Country lads. Zavier Maher and Harry Sharp.

Vic Metro NAB AFL Draft Combine list

Group one

Jake Bowey
Lachlan Carrigan
Luke Cleary
Eddie Ford
Max Heath
Max Holmes
Archie Perkins
Fraser Rosman

Group two
Matthew Allison
Cody Brand
Joshua Clarke
Connor Downie
Campbell Edwardes
Zavier Maher
Corey Preston
Harry Sharp

Group three
Sam Berry
William Bravo
Nikolas Cox
Clayton Gay
Liam Kolar
Ewan MacPherson
Liam McMahon

Group four
Bailey Laurie
Finlay Macrae
Reef McInnes
Will Phillips
Conor Stone
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Maurice Rioli Jr

I absolutely think we should grab Hollands and would not want to miss out on him.

But I wonder how far he may slip as a result of the ACL?

Would it be possible to grab him with a later pick?

The only similar reference I can come up with is Brodie Kemp, who as a big bodied midfielder that was highly rated, ended up sliding a fair way after an ACL.

Are we any chance of grabbing him at 8?

Or is he way too talented to last that long?

Reverse the question - would you?

I can't see us trading pick 2 out unless we get another top 4 pick back. If you can get pick 3 from Sydney, then let's talk.

I absolutely think we should grab Hollands and would not want to miss out on him.

The only similar reference I can come up with is Brodie Kemp, who as a big bodied midfielder that was highly rated, ended up sliding a fair way after an ACL.

The fact the other Vic hopefuls missed this year as well as him, and the fact he was probably pick 1 pre-injury makes me think he would be snapped up before pick 8.

None whatsoever.

Top 3 IMO

Brodie Kemp did his ACL late in the season whereas Elijah did his at pre-season training so his recovery/rehab is way more advanced than Brodie's was so the medico's will now have a better handle on how Elijah's has progressed.
Brodie at no stage was spoken of as the best prospect in the following year's draft or even in his draft year, top 10 was his most likely outcome after a good top age year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back