Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
If this pick 1 and 2 come to fruition please can we not draft down the order with pick 2
Why not if Hamish is confident the player he rates at No. 2 on his draft board will be still available at the number he trades down to and with whatever else comes in with the trade?

The only draft boards that count are the club draft boards in the end.

Why not if Hamish is confident the player he rates at No. 2 on his draft board will be still available at the number he trades down to and with whatever else comes in with the trade?

The only draft boards that count are the club draft boards in the end.
North seem dead keen on McDonald. In fact a few do.

I would swap 2 & 44 for Norths 3 and 25.

Would you guys entertain a trade of Pick 1 or 2 (if you receive it for Crouch) and a later pick for two of Picks 6/7/8/12? Would allow us to pick up McDonald and potentially secure you Thilthorpe and another early selection.
monopoly-go-to-post-sm-jpg.998115
THIS POST

Elijah Hollands - u17 futures curtain raiser game
24 disposals
9 handballs
16 kicks
2 goals

We need an explosive midfielder who can go up forward and kick goals, Hollands certainly looks like our best bet to be that player. He is a crows supporter seems like a great character and was the captain for his team in that game. If his recovery from his ACL looks to be all going well think he would be up there for pick 1 and if we get 2 as well he seems like a lock to be a crows player.
Might want to check your maths...

1,2,9,13 is a great haul, but you wouldn't want more 1st rounders in the same draft. If we downgrade on one of those picks it'll be for picks next year
pick 13 - could we try and swap it with a team like Collingwood - they might want to get in ahead of a bid for reef McGuinness this year? and they want to trade out of next year as they have Daicos coming through

Reverse the question - would you?

I can't see us trading pick 2 out unless we get another top 4 pick back. If you can get pick 3 from Sydney, then let's talk.

Yes.

You are rebuilding and need as much top end talent as possible. An SA key forward is gettable at Pick 6 and you could couple that with a high end mid or defender with 7, 8 or 12.

We need a young key forward on the books and why not secure the best available.

If you’re not interested that’s fine, just posing the question.

Yes.

You are rebuilding and need as much top end talent as possible. An SA key forward is gettable at Pick 6 and you could couple that with a high end mid or defender with 7, 8 or 12.

I would if we knew Tilthorpe was going to be there at 7, but I think he is gone by 4.

Yes.

We're rebuilding, and due to that, why wouldn't we want the best key forward available? Especially when we already hold 2 other first round picks (potentially 3 seeing we're likely to pick up 12 as well from the dogs, in this example) and have ample opportunity to add top end talent.

In a different year where we don't hold pick 8 and have an easy path to pick 12, your idea has merit. Right now though, its much of muchness for us.

Not only that, but its not even worthwhile for Essendon to do this seeing your list is going nowhere fast and is getting to the point it needs a reboot.

Last edited:
About time we got down in the trenches ......but my question is, why does our best work always follow a bad year ?

Let’s see some results before we get too carried away. People thought we would get Dogs first rounder last year and that’s why we were playing hard ball. And then we got very little!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hope I have if we get two is if Hawthorn, Sydney or Gold Coast are in love with McDonald and offer a pick swap plus their first rounder next year. Could well see us still get Thilthorpe.
To be frank, if we have pick 1 and 2 then I’m taking Hollands and Thilthorpe and building our next decade around them (including the pieces we already have). Forget trading either pick, this is our opportunity to lay a massive foundation.

The hope I have if we get two is if Hawthorn, Sydney or Gold Coast are in love with McDonald and offer a pick swap plus their first rounder next year. Could well see us still get Thilthorpe.
May I recommend to you all an eye-watering article by Jay Clark(across all Murdoch newspapers) in which he explains how Essendon may steal either McDonald or Thilthorpe at the draft. My brother has lived in Melbourne for many years & he tells me that the Herald Sun always feature crowd-pleasing articles like this one about the "big" clubs, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood & Richmond simply because they know they have more readers who support those clubs.

To be frank, if we have pick 1 and 2 then I’m taking Hollands and Thilthorpe and building our next decade around them (including the pieces we already have). Forget trading either pick, this is our opportunity to lay a massive foundation.
Yes but why not take Hollands at pick 1, and slide pick 2 back to 3/4/5 and take Thilthorpe there, thus gaining future picks.
Get who you want, plus future picks that will be important to land Horne next year.

May I recommend to you all an eye-watering article by Jay Clark(across all Murdoch newspapers) in which he explains how Essendon may steal either McDonald or Thilthorpe at the draft. My brother has lived in Melbourne for many years & he tells me that the Herald Sun always feature crowd-pleasing articles like this one about the "big" clubs, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood & Richmond simply because they know they have more readers who support those clubs.
Is this the Jay Clark who valued Brad Crouch at $400k? It is simply breathtaking how bad the standard of journalism in a supposedly professional sporting league is.

I didn't realise Essendon had pick 1. Maybe we can do a deal to get our hands on it.

I've come to accept that Murdoch has created a culture that doesn't care for quality or accuracy of content, more so how many clicks the articles can generate.

It explains why Kane has been so successful when he is clearly intellectually challenged.

He creates content that incites anger from Crows supporters and as such we take the bait time and time again.

I know its happening but I find myself taking the bait over and over again.

It is the sorry state of the AFL media.

Barrett is the same. But, given his recent blocking of me, it would indicate he is one who believes the s**t he produces. His ego is so large that he is convinced he is untouchable.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've come to accept that Murdoch has created a culture that doesn't care for quality or accuracy of content, more so how many clicks the articles can generate.

It explains why Kane has been so successful when he is clearly intellectually challenged.

He creates content that incites anger from Crows supporters and as such we take the bait time and time again.

I know its happening but I find myself taking the bait over and over again.

It is the sorry state of the AFL media.

Barrett is the same. But, given his recent blocking of me, it would indicate he is one who believes the sh*t he produces. His ego is so large that he is convinced he is untouchable.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
unfortunately, this is the case for all media...not just AFL media. They are not interested in facts, just sensationalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back