Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
I still want Hollands and Campbell. To be honest Campbell is exactly what we need for the next 10 years.

I have Hollands as my preferred pick, but to try our luck with stealing Campbell I’d go

1: Campbell
2: JUH (matched)
3: Hollands
4: (someone else if Campbell matched)
I'm with you on this If we do get pick 2 compensation. Then take whatever tall slides to GWS pick.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Assuming we have picks 1,2,8 here are my preferred 3

1. JUH (matched )
2. Hollands
3. -Grainger-barras

8. Jones (matched )
9. Perkins

with a late pick I’d take a punt on Baldwin
Perfect . These are exactly my picks. Grainger-Barras would make a better forward than McDonald and Thilthorpe just have to look at the way he jumps at the ball and his agility . I love the way Perkins moves also . Holland’s is a need regardless of his knee.

I think it's more important for us to bid on Campbell than JUH.
It's kind of irrelevant to us if JUH gets bid on at 1 or 2 or 3, because the Dogs' pick doesn't affect our draft at all.
But by bidding on Campbell with pick 1 (or 2 if we get it for Brad), it means they have to spend pick 3 on him, which means that when our GWS pick comes around, there's one less player on the live draft board who has been picked.
Could potentially be the difference between teams letting Thilthorpe fall to us or not.
Bulldogs only have 1964 points available... but need 2400 points if we bid pick #1. They would go into 436 points deficit next year... which would push their 1st round pick down by around 6 places if they finished mid table.

We can lessen this deficit if we get their 1st rounder at a discount....

Bulldogs only have 1964 points available... but need 2400 points if we bid pick #1. They would go into 436 points deficit next year... which would push their 1st round pick down by around 6 places if they finished mid table.

We can lessen this deficit if we get their 1st rounder at a discount....

Cant they use later picks points this year? Otherwise why would anybody be trading with us for our picks in the 20s?

Cant they use later picks points this year? Otherwise why would anybody be trading with us for our picks in the 20s?
1964 points is the total for all their picks.

We can save them 386 points by not bidding using pick 1... if they favourably trade us their 1st round pick.

Win/Win.

If Fremantle finished last and we finished 17th, they would have retained pick 1, not dropped back like what we thought. So good to get confirmation on that
That's pretty shocking, actually.

Different to what had been said previously, I think.

1964 points is the total for all their picks.

We can save them 386 points by not bidding using pick 1... if they favourably trade us their 1st round pick.

Win/Win.

Oh. I misunderstood. I thought you meant their first pick was 1964.

Yeah we should bid or deal. Only way we shouldn’t bid is if they give us their first. I’d trade a second for their 2021 first too. Feel like we already take a good hand in without doing too much more this year (I’m assuming Crouch and Atkins work out).

Bid JUH at pick one which will be matched by Dogs. Then take Holland’s at pick one and then bid on Cambell at 2. This way all talls still on the board and Sydney are in urgent needs of talks so may take Barrass or McDonald as their key position stocks are thin. If they take Cambell as Academy pick then go Granger Barrass or McDonald. I too think Barass has the physical attributes to become a good forward.

The U17's Future Stars game is on youtube as are some Murray Bushrangers NAB League games would be my suggestion until Twomey pulls his finger out with the AFL draft hub updates.
This was helpful thanks. I don’t think a lot of maher’s disposal having just watched this. Didn’t take any notice of him when I watched this game last year. far out hollands was good. holy cow... and people he is not a forward -he’s a midfielder just watch this game listed above and you will see for yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bid JUH at pick one which will be matched by Dogs. Then take Holland’s at pick one and then bid on Cambell at 2. This way all talls still on the board and Sydney are in urgent needs of talks so may take Barrass or McDonald as their key position stocks are thin. If they take Cambell as Academy pick then go Granger Barrass or McDonald. I too think Barass has the physical attributes to become a good forward.
personally I wouldn’t bid on JUH as I don’t want him. he can’t kick for goal.

He’s playing league in the WAFL and beat McDonald convincingly a few weeks ago
I know he did. I don’t want either of them. I would rather TT but only if we have a second pick after taking hollands.

The funny thing is the AFL will just change the rules next year so clubs can't match bids on academy players if they are taken in the first round, and I have no doubt we will get screwed over somehow with one of our academy youngsters not long after.

I know he did. I don’t want either of them. I would rather TT but only if we have a second pick after taking hollands.
well surely we'll get pick 2 if the afl are combining both the brouch and atkins deals.

atkins to gold coast on a long term deal and brouch will get the same on $600k+ a year.

Last edited:
The funny thing is the AFL will just change the rules next year so clubs can't match bids on academy players if they are taken in the first round, and I have no doubt we will get screwed over somehow with one of our academy youngsters not long after.
I'm fine with that, the first couple of rounds should just be legit.

I also don't like that once a bid comes on a player, NGA team can trade a pick before matching.
If Syd need to match a bid on Campbell at 2, they need to use 3, or trade it out before the draft. It's too much of an advantage to be able to trade out after the bid comes.

well surely we'll get pick 2 if the afl are combining both the brouch and atkins deals.

atkins to gold coast on a long term deal and brouch will get the same on $600k+ a year.

Dude, are you trolling?

FA compensation is singular for the player leaving - there is no such thing as combined compensation for more than one player leaving a club.

Dude, are you trolling?

FA compensation is singular for the player leaving - there is no such thing as combined compensation for more than one player leaving a club.
I heard from posters here that they combine both players.

"the vic media think it doesn’t work like this and that the combination is the in and the out NOT the ins and the outs if that makes sense"

"there’s not much precedence. once port got two 2nd rounders apparently and people are questioning how that’s possible if all the outs where combined"

"let’s hope it’s right - i know bickley is convinced it is right"

bicks is saying the same thing and Im sure he'd know a lot more than you about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back