Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
daniher isnt worth more than 400k a year. he's played like 2 games in 4 years.
I would say 300k per year with triggers on his next contract for games played in the preceeding years. Would only do a short initial contract so if Daniher can get his body right he has the ability to get paid on the following contract.

Last edited:

Not sure if they have wind of this but Adelaide could bid on Jones with pick one and Ugle-Hagen with pick two. Purely because Port are more likely to not match at that point. At worst it eliminates two players that we never had access to while costing their clubs more. At best we land Jones then get to pick the best player with pick 2.
We could do this to Sydney as well - Sydney have more draft points worth than Port, who have more than WB. So at pick #1, bid on Campbell, matched then bid on Jones at #2, matched then bid on JUH at #3. This sequence means all those players are very likely to be matched.

:imp:

My guess is that his desire to move interstate isn't solely driven by money, and more to get out of the Melbourne bubble (this has been reported a few times). I don't think the contract offer put to him is going to be enormous given his injury history, which is arguably worse that Crouch, and may mean that Essendon will match the $$ and force a trade with Brisbane. If that's the case they'll be looking at both of their 1st round picks, 18 & 19. The situation at Essendon feels a little bit desperate to me, so I'd definitely say that Dodoro would be the type to threaten the PSD if a suitable offer doesn't come their way. It's a lot for Brisbane to cough up in terms of draft picks, when they could simply (cap permitting) tack on an extra $100k a year and ensure Essendon get Band 1 compensation, which I'm sure would be their preference.

His injuries are inarguably worse than Crouch. Has only played a handful of games the last 3 years.

Not sure if they have wind of this but Adelaide could bid on Jones with pick one and Ugle-Hagen with pick two. Purely because Port are more likely to not match at that point. At worst it eliminates two players that we never had access to while costing their clubs more. At best we land Jones then get to pick the best player with pick 2.
You would only bid on Jones at 1 if you believed he was the best player in the draft which he definitely isn't.

I’m very keen on Eddie Ford, but 8 is an overdraft. Having said that im also not super confident about getting him at 20, so I see your point based on our current hand

Yep, that’s pretty much it. I think he’ll otherwise go in the mid teens, and I see him having massive upside.

This is going to be interesting as to how it affects the AFL's decision on Crouch.
I think they'd be looking at very similar contracts (Crouch's maybe a year longer).
Essendon would scream bloody murder if its Pick 20.

Surely they will be lucky to get pick 20? In a trade now you wouldn’t pay anymore than that. OOC and hasn’t played for a few years. Massive risk

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We could do this to Sydney as well - Sydney have more draft points worth than Port, who have more than WB. So at pick #1, bid on Campbell, matched then bid on Jones at #2, matched then bid on JUH at #3. This sequence means all those players are very likely to be matched.

:imp:
I think it is a very smart move to bid on at least Campbell, if us or North don't bid on him then Sydney will get access to one of the other kids at 3 and then Campbell at whenever the bid comes in. That takes one more player off the board for our next pick at 8. I don't want to give them access to 2 x top 5 picks either.

I think it is a very smart move to bid on at least Campbell, if us or North don't bid on him then Sydney will get access to one of the other kids at 3 and then Campbell at whenever the bid comes in. That takes one more player off the board for our next pick at 8. I don't want to give them access to 2 x top 5 picks either.
exactly so they should do a deal with us for pick 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless they give us some good sugar, of course. :grin:

Annoying all this talk about Parfitt , so can anybody explain to me why he would come here and why all this talk and why would Geelong let him go without huge cots.
Lets forget Parfitt and especially Fantasia and if going to trade ,bring in 19-22 not 25 yrs or older..
Parfitt at 22 would be absolutely perfect, but I just can't see Geelong losing him.
However, I have heard that Geelong are actually trying to get us to take Menegola. He is 28 years old. It is simply a salary dump so that they can offer B Crouch enough that we get pick 2. Not sure how true it is or what impact the J Cameron stuff will have.

You would only bid on Jones at 1 if you believed he was the best player in the draft which he definitely isn't.
That’s not true. Why select a player then place a bid at pick two making it easier for the club to match. Place the bid at pick one, make the matching club pay more or not match then select the best player at pick two.

In this cases, the club may see the risk in Jones worth it knowing they get to select the best available player at 3 and another pick at what will then be 10.

Parfitt at 22 would be absolutely perfect, but I just can't see Geelong losing him.
However, I have heard that Geelong are actually trying to get us to take Menegola. He is 28 years old. It is simply a salary dump so that they can offer B Crouch enough that we get pick 2. Not sure how true it is or what impact the J Cameron stuff will have.
we do not want menegola no way no thanks

That’s not true. Why select a player then place a bid at pick two making it easier for the club to match. Place the bid at pick one, make the matching club pay more or not match then select the best player at pick two.

In this cases, the club may see the risk in Jones worth it knowing they get to select the best available player at 3 and another pick at what will then be 10.
We don't have pick 2. Was presuming we have our current picks of 1 and 8. Thought you were talking about bidding on Jones at 1 and then ending up with him if they don't match. Not that I wouldn't want him but not at pick 1. We should only bid on players in the order we rank them just in case a club changes their mind in matching.

Last edited:
If we bid, they trade down with Geelong who takes the pick instead.

If we dont threaten Dogs and Swans for their first rounders we have wasted our shot at finishing last.

the compromised draft will work well for us holding pick 1.

so if brad goes we can end up with 1,2,4 (swans will want a trade 8,12 (dogs)?) in the first?

I would bid on Jones with a 2nd so Port can't get Borlase either.

Menegola & (even more so) Parfitt not required at Geelong, because they are too young.

Cameron probably going to Geelong is perfect for us. Will likely mean that they lose a player such as Parfitt. They are also taking Higgins as well apparently but will lose Gazza's salary. They may move out Taylor and Henderson who are both pretty much cooked. Cockatoo will move on and Narkle is another they may move on. Really comes down to where they see themself. I think they are on the decline and should be regenerating their list but they look like they will have another run at it next year. They definitely need another forward though. If you cut out Hawkins they can't score and they would rather play Danger in the midfield.

Last edited:
If we dont threaten Dogs and Swans for their first rounders we have wasted our shot at finishing last.

the compromised draft will work well for us holding pick 1.

so if brad goes we can end up with 1,2,4 (swans will want a trade 8,12 (dogs)?) in the first?

I would bid on Jones with a 2nd so Port can't get Borlase either.

We won't bid on players where we don't rate them.

We don't have pick 2. Was presuming we have our current picks of 1 and 8. Thought you were talking about bidding on Jones at 1 and then ending up with him if they don't match. Not that I wouldn't want him but not at pick 1. We should only bid on players in the order we rank them just in case a club changes their mind in matching.
Yeah that’s true. I wouldn’t go all out if we don’t have that second selection.
Reminds me a bit of when we selected Doedee. I feel like we wouldn’t have taken that risk if we didn’t select Milera a bit earlier.
Really interested to see what we do in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back