Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Which others please? Just want to check them out

A poster over on the draft board has collated all the phantom drafts he can get his hands on and then put together a consensus phantom. Thilthorpe on that is No 4 with a range from Pick 4 to Pick 7. No one has him top 3.

Unless we or North bid on Campbell (which I don’t think we will) there is zero chance Sydney trade out of 3. ZERO.
That is why you try separate 3 with 2 1st rounders. Swan accumulate more points with 2 firsts than just having pick 3. I don’t expect Campbell to be bid on until after pick 5.

If you look at most of the phantom/mock drafts, Thilthorpe has mostly ranged between 4 and 6. With 6 being the number I have mostly seen him at.
That ranking changes if crows get band 1 compo. It’s widely expected Hollands, McDonald and Thilthorpe will be the first 3 players called. ATM the order is just unknown.

If you look at most of the phantom/mock drafts, Thilthorpe has mostly ranged between 4 and 6. With 6 being the number I have mostly seen him at.
Thanks. Where are these published?

That is why you try separate 3 with 2 1st rounders. Swan accumulate more points with 2 firsts than just having pick 3. I don’t expect Campbell to be bid on until after pick 5.

Ummm no you don’t? They keep 3 and draft a really highly rated kid, and then match a bid for Campbell with late filler and go into deficit if need be. I say again, there is ZERO chance they trade 3 unless a bid for Campbell comes in at 1 or 2.

Ummm no you don’t? They keep 3 and draft a really highly rated kid, and then match a bid for Campbell with late filler and go into deficit if need be. I say again, there is ZERO chance they trade 3 unless a bid for Campbell comes in at 1 or 2.
Depends on if crows or Roos threaten to bid on Campbell. It’s the same with the dogs. Especially if crows get band 1 they may decide to down grade if they get MacDonald from Melbourne.

Basically it depends on what swans are after. They probably want a tall forward but will miss out on Thilthorpe and McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on if crows or Roos threaten to bid on Campbell. It’s the same with the dogs. Especially if crows get band 1 they may decide to down grade if they get MacDonald from Melbourne.

Basically it depends on what swans are after. They probably want a tall forward but will miss out on Thilthorpe and McDonald.

We can threaten all we want, they can always trade down after a bid comes in on draft night. They definitely won’t be doing any deal before then.

So Rory Atkins compo is end of second. That should be pick 36 I believe.

Maybe pick 2 if they get band 1. Pick 1 Hollands pick 2/3 is Thilthorpe and McDonald
Personally I think the only way we take Thilthorpe is if we hold pick 1 and 2 and even then I think there is a very strong chance we take McDonald over him....different story if he happens to get through to pick 8 which seems unlikely but not totally out of the question.

So Rory Atkins compo is end of second. That should be pick 36 I believe.
Currently pick #38.
18 teams x2 rounds = 36
GC were also given a mid-1st round pick (pick #11) for being incompetent. Geelong currently owns this pick.

That's 37 picks before our "end of 2nd round" compensation pick, making it #38.

Personally I think the only way we take Thilthorpe is if we hold pick 1 and 2 and even then I think there is a very strong chance we take McDonald over him....different story if he happens to get through to pick 8 which seems unlikely but not totally out of the question.
I also think crows will try and use pick 2 to milk something out of roos for McDonald. Talk is Roos are keen to take McDonald. If crows did this I would swap 21 1st rounders.

Currently pick #38.
18 teams x2 rounds = 36
GC were also given a mid-1st round pick (pick #11) for being incompetent. Geelong currently owns this pick.

36 apparently just now

I don't think it's out of the question we take Philips and Hollands personally.

If Riley lasts to 8 I don't think we could say his name fast enough

Currently pick #38.
18 teams x2 rounds = 36

I’m taking the clubs having deficits into account. Assuming the table Pinned above is accurate then our compo pick would come in just before Bulldogs pick at start of 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back