Rumour 2020 Draft Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on ESS whiteboard "error"?

Like when they had Majak Daw 'accidentally' written on the whiteboard a few weeks back.

Pretty pathetic to use players like that to toy with the media.

Whether the latest shot was an oversight or part of a deliberate misdirect by list and recruiting manager Dodoro remains to be seen, but Sydney Swans list guru Kinnear Beatson tipped it to be the latter.

“Adrian’s got a wicked sense of humour despite what people might think. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was just a setup, deliberately done so people start to think ‘Oh they’re going to take these players’,” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

“I’m not exactly sure what happened, I saw it - knowing Adrian as well as I do, I’ve known him for a long time in this caper, that could’ve easily been a setup so I wouldn’t be reading too much into that.”

Last edited:
Whether the latest shot was an oversight or part of a deliberate misdirect by list and recruiting manager Dodoro remains to be seen, but Sydney Swans list guru Kinnear Beatson tipped it to be the latter.

“Adrian’s got a wicked sense of humour despite what people might think. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was just a setup, deliberately done so people start to think ‘Oh they’re going to take these players’,” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

“I’m not exactly sure what happened, I saw it - knowing Adrian as well as I do, I’ve known him for a long time in this caper, that could’ve easily been a setup so I wouldn’t be reading too much into that.”

Champagne comedy, Adrian.

Perkins doing a bit of a Bailey Smith it seems with interstate clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't doubt he's not the first to say something like that to recruiters (Wingard, Grundy, etc) but it's extraordinarily stupid to say that publicly. I think a lot of clubs just put a line through him.
Feels like he thinks he is showing a positive trait but in fact is just making most people think he is at best a ****er or at worst mentally weak.

I don't doubt he's not the first to say something like that to recruiters (Wingard, Grundy, etc) but it's extraordinarily stupid to say that publicly. I think a lot of clubs just put a line through him.
Except for Victorian clubs, I imagine. He is too good to be overlooked and he will get picked up by a Victorian club. Exactly what he was hoping to achieve.

Tanner Bruhn could slide, like Tilthorpe, Hollands and Baldwin their bodies create a little anxiety for clubs. Tilthorpe for mine is the most interesting as his body has been an issue with a tricky groin. Those injuries can be with you forever. Young players who do knees have a recurrence rate of 40-50% according to Matt Rendell on SEN yesterday so there is risk with these guys. No doubt a lot of upside if they stay injury-free, but the risk in a year like this year will be interesting to see how clubs assess it.

The Magpies hold picks 14 and 16 in the first round of the draft, but have been linked with a play to elevate themselves into the top-10 – potentially for one of Essendon's three selections.

Both possibilities are good IMO.

Either they're dumb enough to let it happen twice,
or
the list manager for a club that hasn't won a final in a generation, has spare mental space at the most important time of the year to pissfart around with the media for shits'n'giggles.

Bombers supporters should be livid. As for the rest of us,,long may it continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back