Rumour 2020 Draft Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

not a rumour, but Fremantle and Chapman could be a nice pairing?
Its the exact opposite. Literally the last thing we need is 3rd tall defenders but we are linked to him although I strongly suspect most of that is because he is WA player in our pick range. Literally happens every year.

Robertson, iHill etc.

Its the exact opposite. Literally the last thing we need is 3rd tall defenders but we are linked to him although I strongly suspect most of that is because he is WA player in our pick range. Literally happens every year.

Robertson, iHill etc.

yea you're right, i think a part of me was wanting a good player i liked goto a team like Freo where he might get an opportunity to play next year, with your young group and the WA link, if WCE wasnt at the end of the draft, they might be a good fit too, or you could trade your pick to us perhaps? :p

Not really a rumour as such but based on recent interviews he has done Will Phillips looks like he is going to be a massive flight risk.
That is the worry. I mean I could be wrong but in the last few interviews he has made a point of stating how much he wants to stay in Victoria, even talking up how impressed he was with Hawthorn and what a great club they are.

The thing we've all got to remember is that everything he or any other footy player says is an answer to a question. So some journo says "would you like to stay in Victoria" and he says yeah because of course every Victorian boy would. And then they say "you live near Hawthorn would you want to there" and he says "yeah they're a great club" because of what else is he gonna say, "hell no they're shithouse"? It's not like he's called a press conference of his own volition to declare he wants to stay in Victoria, ideally go to Hawthorn. I'm sure he will give it a real crack wherever he goes.

That said I do wonder if he could be the Dev Robertson of this year's draft - smallish inside midfielder rated for character who slides because small inside midfielders are not hard to find.

Not really a rumour as such but based on recent interviews he has done Will Phillips looks like he is going to be a massive flight risk.

I'm loving reading about Bruhn, dead set Eagles fan after growing up in Perth. Now playing in Victoria. If he goes to say the Suns who knows what happens as more and more top end talent gets poured into Gold Coast.

Thilthorpe isnt the perfect player, but i think he has some similarities to players like Kreuzer from Carlton and even Brendan Lade from Port back in the day so you know he will perform to some level, Cox is similar type to Eric Hipwood who is good, but not a star. Reid, lets say im not his biggest fan.
Cox is nothing like hipwood, he’s already got more size then him through the shoulders and will only get bigger

I Honestly don't remember him rated that highly I do remember him linked to the Lions at pick 25 though

I for one thought thats where he would land and was delighted when you passed him over..... many thanks. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yea you're right, i think a part of me was wanting a good player i liked goto a team like Freo where he might get an opportunity to play next year, with your young group and the WA link, if WCE wasnt at the end of the draft, they might be a good fit too, or you could trade your pick to us perhaps? :p
Hee would need bulk injuries to get a game. We are obviously capable but we have defenders for days

Hee would need bulk injuries to get a game. We are obviously capable but we have defenders for days

Nothing wrong with him (or most draftees for that matter) developing in the WAFL for a year Joao. And then who knows what our defence looks like for 2022 or in what area or direction he develops. All academic anyway as it’s unlikely we get him.

Unsociable? I want McInnes. I hope we bid on him so that Collingwood don't match. If it means a bid with pick 6, then so be it.

We might Rate him that Highly that we match any Bid for him, Though 6th would be the Very Earlist that Bid would Come

Id like him but we tend to trade our rucks in not draft them.

If i had to guess id say Pedlar-we love our SA picks and he fits the mould of player types wells has picked previously. That said we will probably pick someone left field at 27 that no one has thought of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back