List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In Twomey’s phantom the only key forwards in first round are tipped to go 1, 2 and 4. Any chance one slides to us before we match a bid on Reef? If not who do we get before reef if our pick is between 10 and 20? Any key forwards worth an early look that are ranked 20-40??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lot will depend on where daicos is tipped to go in the draft.

If he is THAT good, and goes top 3 for example:
1. 3000pts discount 2400pts
2: 2517pts (2013pts)
3. 2234pts (1787pts)

If we finish in top 8 conservatively say 8th next year. First pick is pick 10 1395pts. That still leaves deficit of 380ish even using our first. If we don’t have a first rounder By trading it, that makes reaching those points even Harder...

if we trade next years first, and daicos is picked early, we will need a lot of shuffling to match points. Same this year with UGLE, likely No 1 pick. I don’t see how Dogs can’t part with their first rounder otherwise they will struggle to find points..

that’s my understanding anyways. I’m no expert.
If they swap their first for a future first, then even if they go in to deficit (which probably won’t be by much, given they’ll inevitably trade to make up points elsewhere) then it will still mean that in 2021 they’ll have 2 first round picks, albeit one will be pushed back. That’s infinitely better for them than simply having their first pick just eaten by a bid.

In Twomey’s phantom the only key forwards in first round are tipped to go 1, 2 and 4. Any chance one slides to us before we match a bid on Reef? If not who do we get before reef if our pick is between 10 and 20? Any key forwards worth an early look that are ranked 20-40??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reid is worth a look as a KPP, otherwise there should be several good mids around that mark. If Phillips is available we’d be mad not to grab him. Cox could be available in the second round, and Baldwin might be too. He could end up being the steal of the draft or a Scharenberg mkII.

Knowing Hine he’ll go the Oakleigh boys... Phillips likely gone, so McRae first pick and then match a bid on McInnes.

If they take a 3rd pick (heard that rule might be relaxed this year)... then it will an indulgent one for Hine.

E.g. A kid who dominated the 6 qtrs of senior footy he played in 2019 for the Manangatang seniors as a then 17 year old.

Knowing Hine he’ll go the Oakleigh boys... Phillips likely gone, so McRae first pick and then match a bid on McInnes.

If they take a 3rd pick (heard that rule might be relaxed this year)... then it will an indulgent one for Hine.

E.g. A kid who dominated the 6 qtrs of senior footy he played in 2019 for the Manangatang seniors as a then 17 year old.
The question is, is our first safe before reef! decisions decisions...

Well goes with how Hine seems to Draft. He like to take Players from the Same Team.

Not all picks though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just pray we can get a pick in before we have to match a bid on him. Otherwise need to trade the 1st rd pick out

Also I heard Ollie Lord is very much still in the development phase. He would have benefited from games this year, but since there wasn't.. it's hard to know where he is with his progress.

and Hard to know where he will get Drafted

Also I heard Ollie Lord is very much still in the development phase. He would have benefited from games this year, but since there wasn't.. it's hard to know where he is with his progress.
I would love to see pies picking up a couple of these players late in the draft and develop them at the club

I would love to see pies picking up a couple of these players late in the draft and develop them at the club

I'd prefer we look to grab a KPP type early. We've already got Keane and Tohill as development types but it would be nice to have extra 195cm types so we're not forced to play guys like Checkers and Madgen and Shaz and Murphy as pseudo KPP's.

I'd prefer we look to grab a KPP type early. We've already got Keane and Tohill as development types but it would be nice to have extra 195cm types so we're not forced to play guys like Checkers and Madgen and Shaz and Murphy as pseudo KPP's.
100%. Need a KPF and another decent tall KPD to develop and Incase we lost Moore/roughy...

But would we have a Early Draft Pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back