List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were to finish 8, we would have picks 11(1329 pts), 29(653) x2, 47(316), 65(90). As we have 2 x 2nds, we could use our 1st and one of our 2, 2nds or our 3rd and still have over 1000 points, for Daicos. Dons may well agree to that.
If Daicos is top 5 as most are suggesting, we’ll need somewhere in the realms of 1800-3000 points for him. Thats not an overly great result, particularly if he goes top 2.

If Daicos is top 5 as most are suggesting, we’ll need somewhere in the realms of 1800-3000 points for him. Thats not an overly great result, particularly if he goes top 2.

IF he is good as Advertised would he be worth going into possible deficit in the 2022 Draft?

IF he is good as Advertised would he be worth going into possible deficit in the 2022 Draft?
We’ll do what we have to in order to get him Dave. It’s preferable to avoid going in to deficit if we can though.

We will have some trades that will be made next year as well as, if a little short, we could go into deficit. Anyway I was just pointing it out.
If we could get pick 8, 9(Crows) or 10 (GWS) with our 1st + 3rd it would leave us with, say 1395 pts (worth 1745 with our discount). If Daicos goes at 2 then we would be only 269 pts (pick 50) short.

We’ll do what we have to in order to get him Dave. It’s preferable to avoid going in to deficit if we can though.

How our List Mangement has gone I would not get my Hopes Up for us doing it Right

Hopefully he hasn't been put off by all the recent going's on.
I’m sure that despite everything that’s happened, he’d still much rather play with his brother than be drafted to one of the bottom feeder clubs, which is what will happen if he enters the open draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the 20% discount, do what the dogs have done. All you need is a bunch of 2nd/3rd rounders and it covers the points.

It's actually only 1500-2400 points required if he attracts a top 5 bid.

I'd also expect a few KPP's and some bigger bodied midfielders to emerge so it's possible he may slip, although Josh's rapid improvement may have a bit to say about that as well on top of anything Nick does at U18 level 2021.

If he is still good enough to be rated top 2 then we just do whatever it takes to pay the price and walk away happy with him (and perhaps Dib) with a promotion for Noble to round out our three required picks in the ND.

Last edited:
Does that mean 3 from the ND and upgrade 3 rookies? Need 36 on senior list so have to put 6 more on senior list don't we?

Minimum is 37 (36&1) so yeah we either upgrade rookies or take draft picks.

I don't understand why clubs seem so reluctant to go into deficit for academy,father son kids. They effectively go on to deficit for other players when they trade out future picks.

I don't know if we will use all of those late picks we have or use them for points. But here's a guide as to what can be found if you get lucky... The thing is, in all of this excitement i have lost count. So we have to ask ourselves... do you feel lucky punk?

I dont know much about the draft. Saw highlights of Zac Reid and im sold!!

Would sure us up in the back 6 for years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back