List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
For once, we stuck to a plan and executed it.
Irrespective of how everyone's emotions were and what the media PR was going to be.
It required balls and the gentlemen who executed it, deserve some credit, especially since they took all the hits that came their way.

How does it require balls to bend over at the trade table and let opposition teams take what they want from you?

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can't always get a"good return" on assets sold.
Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet---and this is what we did.
No point holding onto assets because of a lack of a good offer---especially when there's more to each layer of those departing assets than just "a return".

The "twisted truths" all clubs do it---this is part and parcel of life not just exclusive to Collingwood.
The members at the appropriate time received some of the answers they were seeking from the club--we just chose not to do this in media public forums, rather in our own controlled environments.

On a whole, when i assess things in totality, I have no issues with the work we have done, even if it doesnt sit well ethically to a degree for some.

I think we were actually quite smart in the end. We got in early and fixed our salary cap issues going forward. Most clubs are now bulging at the seems due to loading up this year which means that there will be more than a few clubs having Fire sales over the next few years and we will be waiting for them to land in our lap, it was still terrible that the club allowed itself to get into the trouble that they were in to begin with, so at least they did salvage a little bit in the end

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We gave Stephenson Away and got a Low 1st Round Pick for Treloar and Traded the North Picks to Dogs in Treloar.

So we Basically Traded both for Pick 14 which is way below Value
yep, and we gave up 2 x top ten picks to get Treloar in the first place. Give him and Stepho away for pick 14 as well as paying a large chunk of money every year for Treloar. Brilliant trading.

Not sure if this is allowed, but this backyard interview with Beau McCreery was posted by Charlie Oneeye on EB&W.
Goes for about an hour and gives some good insights into McCreery's character and experiences in being drafted.

what an interview.

Will fit in well at this club lol

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look, the draft/trading in last few years is absolutely appalling. Bottom 4 type stuff. Anyone that tries to justify it is just lying to themselves.

We can only just hope the line has been drawn in the sand from this fire sale and what appears to be a decent draft haul.

McGuire going, the winds of change are starting to blow through the club.

Look, the draft/trading in last few years is absolutely appalling. Bottom 4 type stuff. Anyone that tries to justify it is just lying to themselves.

We can only just hope the line has been drawn in the sand from this fire sale and what appears to be a decent draft haul.

McGuire going, the winds of change are starting to blow through the club.

I thought our Drafting has Been Quite Good.

2018 got Quyanor and Kelly looks Good.

Hard to Judge 2019 with no 2nds Game but Ruscoe looked Good and Rantall and Bianco are rated quite well

Not sure if this is allowed, but this backyard interview with Beau McCreery was posted by Charlie Oneeye on EB&W.
Goes for about an hour and gives some good insights into McCreery's character and experiences in being drafted.

Very laid back like a bloke who used to wear 36 a few years ago.
are you naked, yes well I don't shower with my clothes on 🤣

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought our Drafting has Been Quite Good.

2018 got Quyanor and Kelly looks Good.

Hard to Judge 2019 with no 2nds Game but Ruscoe looked Good and Rantall and Bianco are rated quite well

Dave, we have nothing to show for 5 years of first rounders + busts in the 12, 13 drafts in the first round. Regardless of reasons why, they were busts.

Have completely failed to draft/develop a KPF.

Kelly was a father son, Quaynor an academy pick.

The club has done well with some later picks and rookie selections, but given the picks we have had since 2012 we should be in a stronger position list wise.

It is what it is, it’s in the past now.

Had a couple of good touches, but that's it.
Bucks said would have played the whole year if not getting injured.

I thought he showed great signs for a debutant. Nice goal from 50. Good mark and very mobile. Will (heh no pun intended) only get better.

Dave, we have nothing to show for 5 years of first rounders + busts in the 12, 13 drafts in the first round. Regardless of reasons why, they were busts.

Have completely failed to draft/develop a KPF.

Kelly was a father son, Quaynor an academy pick.

The club has done well with some later picks and rookie selections, but given the picks we have had since 2012 we should be in a stronger position list wise.

It is what it is, it’s in the past now.

You could say outside of Richmond/Eagles no one has had Success

Guess we need the Everyone to be Sacked at the Club and Start from Scratch again

Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stevo should have gotten us a crack at Mcdonald.

No doubt Plan A for the club was trading Stevo for pick 2 and Treloar for pick 5 to GC.

McDonald and Phillips.

Plan A obviously failed.
This. Club has admitted as much too. Trade radio the scapegoat for it not going to plan apparently.
Bring in two quality picks / players before Reef... and on min coin. Whilst letting go two ‘overpaid’ and expendable players that didn’t fit bucks game plan or character test

This. Club has admitted as much too. Trade radio the scapegoat for it not going to plan apparently.
Bring in two quality picks / players before Reef... and on min coin. Whilst letting go two ‘overpaid’ and expendable players that didn’t fit bucks game plan or character test

I would not call Stephenson expendable as he was our Best Prospect for the Future

Can say that about every player that Debuts
That’s not true. Noble and Quaynor are two recent debutants of ours that come to mind that got plenty of the ball on debut. Riccardi was nearly best on ground for GWS on his debut.

Back