Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
If it goes that way The Crow would want to get into 2021 draft, trade pick 21 for an early pick in 2021, it allows the Crows to then trade into a pick that gets Horne,
Who is going to give you a 2021 super draft early pick for this years dog breakfast draft pick 21 and soon to be pick 26/27ish? You're not thinking that through mate

Teams up for the 2 SA All Stars/Future Stars games on Friday night. the Team Hurn (Yellow) - Team Grundy (Red) game consists of this year's draftees with a sprinkling of 2021's better prospects to be played at Thebby Oval at 7.30PM.

Riley Thilthorpe (rested), Lachlan Jones (rested), Jason Horne (rested) Brayden Cook (shoulder), James Borlase (hamstring) and Taj Schofield (hamstring) unavailable. Big man Ned Carey an interesting inclusion after missing so much footy with injuries.

The All Stars game will be live streamed on the SANFL site via the digital pass.

Team Hurn - Yellow

Team Hurn.PNG

Team - Grundy (Red)

Team Grundy.PNG

Last edited:
Going to be an interesting trading & draft period.

Plenty of FA changing clubs, including 3 for us. Hopefully Saints pay enough for band 1 & anything for the other 2 is a bonus. If we manage band 1, 3 & 5... party time for Reidy & Hamish as we would have an unbelievable draft hand.

What will be great to watch will be the Cameron & Daniher moved. GWS have already said they will match, particularly given the Cats have 3x 1st rounders.

Essendon won't match if band 1, but if not, expect Dodo will match & force a trade.

More compo picks for us & more matching for others sides the better.

Surprised Matt Borg from North didn't get a run tonight.

Been plenty of disappointed clubs in the past when they found out the compo wasn't as good as expected when announced by the AFL.

Not sure Atkins contract will attract decent compo, the deal that was reported early seems to have been tightened into common territory now

A lot of players have received no compo due to age, contract size etc, be prepared for no or crap compo for Hartigan

Hold onto yourselves for emotions between absolute joy and bitter disappointment
And the AFL have given them explanation, the recent being Richmond just missed out on a band 2 compensation for Ellis who was offer $600K for 5 years and Brisbane just missed out on a band 1 compensation for Rockliff who was offered $700K for 4 years due to his age allocation of 8 points so B.Crouch will need around $750K for 4 years given Motlop was offered $100K less than Rockliff for the same amount of years but with age allocation of 10 points (same as B.Crouch) so look like you need another $50K more compared to 3 years ago to get the lower end of band 1 compensation.

AFL are very touchy about compo picks, won't allow Band 1 to be for anything other than a really top salary, they don't want the draft being watered down with extra high value picks.
Why would they care about what happens in the draft ??

Currently 37 players I'm told. 42 likely total.

Atkins compo pick 22.
Hollands, McDonald, Pick 9, Pick 13 (Dogs trade down for Pick 21 and 29), Pick 22, Borlase, Newchurch, Edwards
Hately for late second (possibly Hartigan compo)
Pick 13. O'Driscoll

That would mean 4 more to go. 5 if the deal is to take on Dunstan as part of Crouch deal.

Poholke delist. Mackay delist. Crocker delist. Kelly trade. Galluci trade.
Or keep Mackay and upgrade pick 9 with pick 22 to get into Thilthorpe range.

I am still not convinced that Seed stays. Seems on the outer and would offer a bit to several clubs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How do you work that out, I have grave doubts we'll get pick 2 for Brad and Sydney's pick is pick 3, North Melbourne currently hold pick 2.

I think it’ll be 50/50 on whether we get the high compo pick for Crouch, and I think Sydney would feel pretty hard done by having a bid come in for Campbell that early.
I don’t think there’s been a situation before when a player has been bid on earlier than anticipated, and in this instance where the motivation is purely to prevent Sydney from taking an additional earlier draft pick. I don’t think it happens

What I will say is that the draft landscape is changing pretty rapidly, and teams seem like they’re getting a bit more ruthless in terms of their strategies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Teams up for the 2 SA All Stars/Future Stars games on Friday night. the Team Hurn (Yellow) - Team Grundy (Red) game consists of this year's draftees with a sprinkling of 2021's better prospects to be played at Thebby Oval at 7.30PM.

Riley Thilthorpe (rested), Lachlan Jones (rested), Jason Horne (rested) Brayden Cook (shoulder), James Borlase (hamstring) and Taj Schofield (hamstring) unavailable. Big man Ned Carey an interesting inclusion after missing so much footy with injuries.

The All Stars game will be live streamed on the SANFL site via the digital pass.

Team Hurn - Yellow

View attachment 991199

Team - Grundy (Red)

View attachment 991200

No Spicer? Injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Borlase must be coming to the Crows,
Missing the SANFL all-stars under 18 game on Friday due to Hamstring soreness
You mean hamstring awareness...

Well Borlase must be coming to the Crows,
Missing the SANFL all-stars under 18 game on Friday due to Hamstring soreness

Is he already training with us?

Team Hurn - Yellow

View attachment 991199

Team - Grundy (Red)

View attachment 991200

good to see a few Henley guys in there... also interesting to see that Poulter is from Ardrossan, like Sam Jacobs. It should be a good trial for many youngsters for the draft :)

Let’s talk FA compo predictions!

Crouch:
Back when we were staring down the barrel of Brad getting busted by the cops and Geelong being his likely suitor, Band 1 compo looked a 5% chance. Now that he’s nominated the Saints, I think this is a genuine coin flip. If we get Pick 2, we rejoice, and G Whateleys salty tears will be delicious.

However, it’s equally likely that the contract offer does NOT trigger Band 1, in which case we are going to the trade table. Now I’ve heard a lot about how the Saints don’t have the capital to trade to us for Brad, which frankly, is absolute rubbish. We’ll take their 2020 and 2021 first rounders thanks, and death ride the s**t out of them next year, #gws2020style!

It’s in the Saints best interests to jack up the offer to avoid going to the trade table, because they’ll know full well that they’ll have to give up a 2021 first to get that trade across the line, and they will not want to be doing that. 725x5 will get it done Saints. Or if you wanna deal with triggers for that 5th year, front load him on 750x4. Thanks very much, no trade required, you keep your picks, everyone wins, ta.

Atkins:
The Band 3 (early 2nd rounder) talk is misguided IMO. This has Band 4 written all over it, which ends up as a Pick right around 40. It’s about right, so dont bother getting bent out of shape about not receiving an early 2nd rounder that he’s clearly not worth.

Hartigan:
I can’t even believe people are entertaining the notion of receiving compensation for Kyle. Not happening. He’ll be on a deal below the AFL average wage (of 400k) at Essendon, and it’s not a long-term deal either. Nothing coming our way here.

Now, AFL compo deciders, give us a total of Pick 40 and nothing else for Atkins and Hartigan, JUST GIVE US PICK 2 FOR CROUCH AND WE’RE SWEET K THX 😘

Let’s talk FA compo predictions!

Crouch:
Back when we were staring down the barrel of Brad getting busted by the cops and Geelong being his likely suitor, Band 1 compo looked a 5% chance. Now that he’s nominated the Saints, I think this is a genuine coin flip. If we get Pick 2, we rejoice, and G Whateleys salty tears will be delicious.

However, it’s equally likely that the contract offer does NOT trigger Band 1, in which case we are going to the trade table. Now I’ve heard a lot about how the Saints don’t have the capital to trade to us for Brad, which frankly, is absolute rubbish. We’ll take their 2020 and 2021 first rounders thanks, and death ride the sh*t out of them next year, #gws2020style!

It’s in the Saints best interests to jack up the offer to avoid going to the trade table, because they’ll know full well that they’ll have to give up a 2021 first to get that trade across the line, and they will not want to be doing that. 725x5 will get it done Saints. Or if you wanna deal with triggers for that 5th year, front load him on 750x4. Thanks very much, no trade required, you keep your picks, everyone wins, ta.

Atkins:
The Band 3 (early 2nd rounder) talk is misguided IMO. This has Band 4 written all over it, which ends up as a Pick right around 40. It’s about right, so dont bother getting bent out of shape about not receiving an early 2nd rounder that he’s clearly not worth.

Hartigan:
I can’t even believe people are entertaining the notion of receiving compensation for Kyle. Not happening. He’ll be on a deal below the AFL average wage (of 400k) at Essendon, and it’s not a long-term deal either. Nothing coming our way here.

Now, AFL compo deciders, give us a total of Pick 40 and nothing else for Atkins and Hartigan, JUST GIVE US PICK 2 FOR CROUCH AND WE’RE SWEET K THX 😘
Sam McClure has just claimed on tv that B Crouch will "only" get approx $600,000 at Saints, so IF he's right, there is no way Crows receive Pick 2 & he has burned Adelaide through his recent bad decision as he has devalued himself in the industry.

Sam McClure has just claimed on tv that B Crouch will "only" get approx $600,000 at Saints, so IF he's right, there is no way Crows receive Pick 2 & he has burned Adelaide through his recent bad decision as he has devalued himself in the industry.
The deal would've been struck before that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back