Opinion 2020 Draft Watch #2 (picks 1, 8, 20, 29, 44, 50, 60, 74) - finalised 10/10/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Deaneus!

We Await Silent Tristero's Empire
Nov 24, 2007
Memorial H
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BLM

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:

Red mist

Reynholm Industries
Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Strangely very "calm" over there on the Geelong forum which is saying something about this season*.
Yeah because they brought the best structure game to the chaos kings.
If we there or Powah there’s no asterisks on this. Massive efforts by both sides to hub for over a hundred days and defeat home sides in prelims.
Thinking is for sides that finish top two is week off before finals is sh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disco Fox

Debutant
Oct 7, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Impressive - very mature. What about his school team containing him, McAsey & Phillips?!!!
Thanks for that - he is really mature.
I don't know anything about the guys who present this, but one of them spends 5 minutes analysing Crows needs for 2021 & beyond. As a seemingly knowledgeable neutral he recommends Crows target midfielders(especially outside runners) & (wait for it!) states that a non-negotiable must be to keep Brad Crouch(!!!) as well as Matt & Brodie Smith. For those of you who have strong feelings re Hollands vs Thilthorpe/McDonald, he makes no mention of key forwards as a priority. Comments?

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Top 3:

1. Ugle-Hagan - Bulldogs (bid matched)
2. Hollands - Crows
3. Thilthorpe - Crows (FA compensation)

Remaining picks:

With free agency compensation and bids for the likes of Ugle-Hagan, Campbell, McInness & Jones, it’s possible our next pick (currently 8) gets pushed out to around 13-15. Looking at our list, with Crouch gone from an already weak midfield group, this pick has to go on a midfielder imo.

Looking at the various phantoms and power rankings doing the rounds, it seems likely one of Perkins, Poulter, Macrae, Trew, O’Driscoll or Maher will be available around that mark.

Beyond that, I would’ve thought our remaining picks will be used on trading for Hately and matching bids for Edwards & Borlase.

hey shorty

TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Top 3:

1. Ugle-Hagan - Bulldogs (bid matched)
2. Hollands - Crows
3. Thilthorpe - Crows (FA compensation)

Remaining picks:

With free agency compensation and bids for the likes of Ugle-Hagan, Campbell, McInness & Jones, it’s possible our next pick (currently 8) gets pushed out to around 13-15. Looking at our list, with Crouch gone from an already weak midfield group, this pick has to go on a midfielder imo.

Looking at the various phantoms and power rankings doing the rounds, it seems likely one of Perkins, Poulter, Macrae, Trew, O’Driscoll or Maher will be available around that mark.

Beyond that, I would’ve thought our remaining picks will be used on trading for Hately and matching bids for Edwards & Borlase.
I reckon we'll use our own 2nd rounder too unless someone comes at us with a deal too good to refuse.

Any of those guys would be a good get, Perkins or Poulter for me though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom