Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Being dead is not the disability that it used to be in this post-Weekend At Bernie's world we live in.

You can go to the baseball...

1601509360164.png

But the good thing is..

If they let Wines go in order to get back into the first round of the Draft this year.. amd it doesnt net them a pick higher than our GWS pick... if we then bid on Jones at that GWS pick, they would essentially lose the pick they got for Wines..

They are in a bit of a tough spot there..
If they let Wines go, it'll be to Carlton for a pick before a bid on Jones. If not, I'm sure they will be able to manoeuvre in a pick before 7 or 8.

“I’d be looking out for Tom Powell from Sturt. He had an unbelievable year at under-18s level this year. He’s a big chance to win the McCallum-Tomkins Medal.

“He’s at about 182 (centimetres). An inside mid that just finds the footy and has great vision. He sees the game really quickly, probably the best I’ve seen at seeing the game quickly and making really good decisions.

Cook’s jumped up late, he’s another one.

“The one that everyone has forgotten about because he’s had a knee reconstruction is Kane Baldwin.
“As a 16-year-old, he was the one that could have been anything. He’s a centre half-forward, almost Tex Walker-ish. Big body, kicks the ball nicely, big strong catch on him.
“I reckon don’t write him off because once he gets his body right, he’s going to be pretty good.”

If they let Wines go, it'll be to Carlton for a pick before a bid on Jones. If not, I'm sure they will be able to manoeuvre in a pick before 7 or 8.
sort of wedges them in a way as if they trade out a player of note for a pick and it falls after our pick 8, we can bid on jones to wipe it out or they will have to set up a pick swap deal..just makes it more painful for them

This wasn't a ringing endorsement of Edwards .......more the company line from a players Coach

View attachment 974418
No, that's exactly what I've said....Was his father any different? Finlay Macrae for instance is much the same, so is his brother.

Give me a footballer over an athlete every day of the week.

“I’d be looking out for Tom Powell from Sturt. He had an unbelievable year at under-18s level this year. He’s a big chance to win the McCallum-Tomkins Medal.

“He’s at about 182 (centimetres). An inside mid that just finds the footy and has great vision. He sees the game really quickly, probably the best I’ve seen at seeing the game quickly and making really good decisions.

“The one that everyone has forgotten about because he’s had a knee reconstruction is Kane Baldwin.
“As a 16-year-old, he was the one that could have been anything. He’s a centre half-forward, almost Tex Walker-ish. Big body, kicks the ball nicely, big strong catch on him.
“I reckon don’t write him off because once he gets his body right, he’s going to be pretty good.”
I don't think I'd have an issue with taking Powell at the gws pick, reckon he'll be gone by our next pick. I know there are flashier mids and he isnt the tallest but he just knows where to be and what to do at the right times.

I see Edwards in the same mould as Luke McDonald from North Melbourne ......doesn't have a particular one wood, but is a footballer first

Think it depends on where the club see's Edwards playing ......I'm sure it's not in the midfield, his athletic testing would back this up ......and he has a few players to compete with across half back ???

Still would be surprised if we don't take Edwards .......interesting that "Road to the Draft" almost had Newchurch being taken B4 Edwards ......and on need that makes sense
You're not serious, there's a shedload of mids in the AFL that aren't athletic beasts, he'll play plenty of midfield during his career.

I don't think I'd have an issue with taking Powell at the gws pick, reckon he'll be gone by our next pick. I know there are flashier mids and he isnt the tallest but he just knows where to be and what to do at the right times.
No way in hell does Tom Powell go that high (currently pick 8), he's most likely the back end of the 1st round/2nd round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thought of the day .....watch last years Grand Final U17's All-Star Game ......Shifter responding to questions on players and their potential all thru the game .....commentators trying to give viewers updates to players for the audience

Not Once .... I mean not even a mention was made of Logan McDonald ....the few possessions he did get was met with complete silence by everyone, often talking about the player on the end of McDonalds possession

I find that incredibly interesting, given the commentary now & how little footy has been played .......so much for these kids being followed over 2-3 years

6 weeks ago Phillips was ranked almost #1 , if not top 3 ........just watch, he'll fall out of the top 10 without playing a game this year :D:D
Well there will be AFL recruiters that should be looking for another job if that's the case.

No, that's exactly what I've said....Was his father any different? Finlay Macrae for instance is much the same, so is his brother.

Give me a footballer over an athlete every day of the week.
I'm a big Finlay Macrae supporter .....not what we need though, but going to be a very good AFL footballer

All the Edwards had great footy brains .... Duane Edwards was clearly the most talented of all the Edwards, but he lacked the pace to take advantage of his skills

This lack of athleticism looks like carrying on via the next generation of Edwards ......but Luke has the height to maybe compensate

Including Shifter .....I'm sure you'll watch the game again, take note of McDonalds invisibility by commentators
Not sure how that relates to my comment, I was talking Will Phillips who I can't see not going top 10 which was the gist of what you said, I'd have him as a lock to go top 10. He has a lot more strings to his bow than people give him credit for, I'm not taking Phillips with our 1st but no way would I be disappointed if we took him with our pick 8.

Which good players do people think will still be available with our pick 8? I am looking forward to seeing who we take with that pick. Also looking forward to who we can get with pick 20, got a feeling we could get a slider with that pick. And this is all without considering who pick 1 will be, exciting times almost like an early Christmas haha

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you want two different kind of mids at 8 and 13 (assuming we get the WB pick).

The first is either Phillips or Bruhn.

And if you get Phillips, you go a bit more outside class at 13, like the WA kid (wingman, name escapes me) or MAYBE Macrae (feels early), and if you go Bruhn you then go someone like Powell or O'Driscoll.

Then keep another pick at 21 for whatever SA kid takes your fancy - Cook, Poulter etc. Maybe Baldwin?

I think you want two different kind of mids at 8 and 13 (assuming we get the WB pick).

And if you get Phillips, you go a bit more outside class at 13, like the WA kid (wingman, name escapes me) or MAYBE Macrae (feels early), and if you go Bruhn you then go someone like Powell or O'Driscoll.

Then keep another pick at 21 for whatever SA kid takes your fancy - Cook, Poulter etc. Maybe Baldwin?
Regardless we are going to get a quality player hopefully with pick 8. If Phillips is available at 8 surely you go for him. Do you think Duval would be a realistic option at 20?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

21 will be baldwin youd think if they take hollands at 1 and no pick 2

if they take hately somehow dont think they would also go poulter?

so phillips was at school with fish and lij but the year behind. thats an interesting connection I didnt know til this morning.

would expect they would take phillips at 8 if he is there and they hadnt already moved 8 up the board now pick 2 wont happen. i think phillips will be gone by 8 personally

Carlton with Williams and potentially Saad coming in wont be able to afford Wines..

In dont think Wines is going anywhere anyway..

Re Powell, I'm always cautious about a player when you're talking predominantly about SANFL U18's form. The level of competition just isn't there to get a genuine gauge on how good he is. A player who projects as a solid state level player long term is just as likely to dominate that competition as a genuine AFL player. Cook I see in a similar light. Its just such a long way from AFL.

He mentions Baldwin as one who's been forgotten about, but the other one that interests me is Zac Dumesny from South Adelaide. 188cm Utility with good foot skills and strong overhead who has actually performed consistently at SANFL League level prior to injury. Anyone here seen much of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back