Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
21 will be baldwin youd think if they take hollands at 1 and no pick 2

if they take hately somehow dont think they would also go poulter?

so phillips was at school with fish and lij but the year behind. thats an interesting connection I didnt know til this morning.

would expect they would take phillips at 8 if he is there and they hadnt already moved 8 up the board now pick 2 wont happen. i think phillips will be gone by 8 personally
I think Phillips will be gone too, but there's a chance.

You'd surely think a KPF at 1, if that's all we have. Different scenario if we have 1 and 2.

Re Powell, I'm always cautious about a player when you're talking predominantly about SANFL U18's form. The level of competition just isn't there to get a genuine gauge on how good he is. A player who projects as a solid state level player long term is just as likely to dominate that competition as a genuine AFL player. Cook I see in a similar light. Its just such a long way from AFL.

He mentions Baldwin as one who's been forgotten about, but the other one that interests me is Zac Dumesny from South Adelaide. 188cm Utility with good foot skills and strong overhead who has actually performed consistently at SANFL League level prior to injury. Anyone here seen much of him?
Not another half back flanker , it’s the best part of our list . We need guys that that light it up with a bit of X factor from centre- forward

Re Powell, I'm always cautious about a player when you're talking predominantly about SANFL U18's form. The level of competition just isn't there to get a genuine gauge on how good he is. A player who projects as a solid state level player long term is just as likely to dominate that competition as a genuine AFL player. Cook I see in a similar light. Its just such a long way from AFL.

He mentions Baldwin as one who's been forgotten about, but the other one that interests me is Zac Dumesny from South Adelaide. 188cm Utility with good foot skills and strong overhead who has actually performed consistently at SANFL League level prior to injury. Anyone here seen much of him?
I feel like interest in Dumesny has really cooled through the year. Wasn't he a bit shown up in SANFL league?

Which good players do people think will still be available with our pick 8? I am looking forward to seeing who we take with that pick. Also looking forward to who we can get with pick 20, got a feeling we could get a slider with that pick. And this is all without considering who pick 1 will be, exciting times almost like an early Christmas haha

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Phillips > Perkins for me .... wouldn’t rule out Thilthorpe being there either

No, that's exactly what I've said....Was his father any different? Finlay Macrae for instance is much the same, so is his brother.

Give me a footballer over an athlete every day of the week.
Having said that the list could do with some footballers with athletic traits

Gollant is one , McAdam is another . Need more

if we dont get pick 2 then it will be out of hollands and mcdonald.

still a good chance we'll get it though so hopefully we get both.

mid at 8.
I’d say we’ve got next to no chance to get pick 2 . There’s hardly a bidding war going on for Brad Crouch . 2 favs Geelong and Richmond will want him to play for lure of success rather than big Money .... they be cheating if offered him big money

get used to pick 20 ish or mid first round at absolute best ( unlikely )

he might just stay

I’d say we’ve got next to no chance to get pick 2 . There’s hardly a bidding war going on for Brad Crouch . 2 favs Geelong and Richmond will want him to play for lure of success rather than big Money .... they be cheating if offered him big money

he might just stay
Pick 20 ish or Mid 1st Round Eddie Ford would be my pick if he was their perfect size for a Midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Edwards in the same mould as Luke McDonald from North Melbourne ......doesn't have a particular one wood, but is a footballer first

Think it depends on where the club see's Edwards playing ......I'm sure it's not in the midfield, his athletic testing would back this up ......and he has a few players to compete with across half back ???

Still would be surprised if we don't take Edwards .......interesting that "Road to the Draft" almost had Newchurch being taken B4 Edwards ......and on need that makes sense

I wonder if we are scared to use an early second round pick on him? Are we obligated to take him or can we say no?? They may think others are better

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Phillips will be gone too, but there's a chance.

You'd surely think a KPF at 1, if that's all we have. Different scenario if we have 1 and 2.

I agree 100%, if we only have Pick 1 we have to go Key Forward, McDonald my preferred and then best avail mid at 8 wether it be Bruhn, ODriscoll or Phillips if he slides.

Perhaps we try as hard as we can to get back up into the top 5, but realistically only maybe Sydney would do it with an early bid on Campbell.

I wonder if we are scared to use an early second round pick on him? Are we obligated to take him or can we say no?? They may think others are better

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we nominate a father/son or NGA for main draft an no one bids on them we get them automatically after main draft. If we nominate as rookie as well they automatically become our after rookie draft. Like we did with Jarman and Edwards.

Mid / forward which is exactly where we lack
I think our entire draft should be about mids and forwards - but if we got Hollands and were picking again at 9, I'd rather we went Phillips over Perkins.

he might just stay

Richmond's one I've thought could be a dark horse for Crouch for a while now and the one whom I think could potentially be willing to find the funds for a Band 1 compo.

Port and Geelong sound the like other 2 with significant interest, but I suspect both would be looking at the $600-650k mark rather than the $750k~ probably required for band 1. We're probably happy to offer around that $600k~ as well.

They're a side that's effectively relied on a couple of superstars and then being able to draw maximum value out of role player types. Their core group are now mostly 29 and older including Martin, Grimes, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli if he stays. You've then got Prestia, Lambert and Lynch a couple of years younger. Do they look to top up the midfield with Crouch and really look to make hay whilst the sun shines. Do a couple of the senior guys say "hey, lets forgo a some of our salary to bring in someone who may help us win another premiership or two..."

The key benefit with these free agents, which I think the media often miss when calculating what players will be offered, is the lack of needing to trade anything out. To me that's massive, especially when you're there abouts.

Most of Crouch's offers at present are likely around that $600-650k a season mark, is there a club willing to fork out an extra $100-150k a year to bring in another bonefide A-Grade midfielder.

Personally I can't believe Carlton aren't up to their eyeballs in Brad and instead appear to be targeting Williams. Cripps clearly needs some contested support and Brad would work in really nicely as a #2 there.

Having said that, I certainly believe Band 2 is the more likely and in light of the recent incident, it wouldn't surprise me if the Crows accept that too.

he might just stay
Geelong.
St Kilda.
Richmond.

That's the certainties.

Port Power. Carlton. Essendon. Us.

They could all present themselves.

How many bidders do you want?

I think our entire draft should be about mids and forwards - but if we got Hollands and were picking again at 9, I'd rather we went Phillips over Perkins.
in now leaning that way too if we cant trade pick 8 up draft order (are you saying 9 because of daniher compo?)

If we nominate a father/son or NGA for main draft an no one bids on them we get them automatically after main draft. If we nominate as rookie as well they automatically become our after rookie draft. Like we did with Jarman and Edwards.
I think father/sons, we either need to agree to take them in the main draft - which would be our last pick if no one bids before then - or let them be open to anyone in the main draft and we'll take them in the rookie, like we did with Jarman etc.

Is that right?

Unselected NGAs become cat B rookies, which is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back