Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Richmond's one I've thought could be a dark horse for Crouch for a while now and the one whom I think could potentially be willing to find the funds for a Band 1 compo.

Port and Geelong sound the like other 2 with significant interest, but I suspect both would be looking at the $600-650k mark rather than the $750k~ probably required for band 1. We're probably happy to offer around that $600k~ as well.

They're a side that's effectively relied on a couple of superstars and then being able to draw maximum value out of role player types. Their core group are now mostly 29 and older including Martin, Grimes, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli if he stays. You've then got Prestia, Lambert and Lynch a couple of years younger. Do they look to top up the midfield with Crouch and really look to make hay whilst the sun shines. Do a couple of the senior guys say "hey, lets forgo a some of our salary to bring in someone who may help us win another premiership or two..."

The key benefit with these free agents, which I think the media often miss when calculating what players will be offered, is the lack of needing to trade anything out. To me that's massive, especially when you're there abouts.

Most of Crouch's offers at present are likely around that $600-650k a season mark, is there a club willing to fork out an extra $100-150k a year to bring in another bonefide A-Grade midfielder.

Personally I can't believe Carlton aren't up to their eyeballs in Brad and instead appear to be targeting Williams. Cripps clearly needs some contested support and Brad would work in really nicely as a #2 there.

Having said that, I certainly believe Band 2 is the more likely and in light of the recent incident, it wouldn't surprise me if the Crows accept that too.
I think Gold Coast need him more than anyone. I know Rowell was injured but they won their first three games last year and then really slid away after that partly due to injuries. This year was not that indifferent in the second half of the year and Rowell needs help urgently. They are still to light and need another extractor to their runners.

Not sure Nicks wants him. 17th in the B&F votes per game, for pretty typical possession stats.

We can try to force a trade for better than pick 20 but won’t have a strong negotiating position.
just gotta wait and see what clubs offer brad. trading brad would be a worst case scenario.

If we are going to potentially spend pick 1 on a tall in this draft, Lukosius is better than McDonald and Thilthorpe talent wise imo

Very few players are worth a pick 1 or 2 in trade. If Lukosius wants to come home we or port will get him with a pick 8-12

You would only pay pick 1 for a proven match winner. Martin Danger Fyfe (when all were younger) - maybe Harry McKay as he may well be the next gun forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many can we take in one year??? Did you want 12 plus changes in one year?? Rebuilds don’t take one year, normally 3 years before we are back competing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It will be 5 for us. Thanks to the Tippet sanctions we don't have that mid-aged core most sides do.

We actually have no 24 year olds on our list.

25 year olds are O'Brien, Matt, Kelly, Keays, McAdam (trying to fill that hole)

26 year olds are Brad and Laird

We're literally building up with 18-23 year olds. We'll be effective again when they are 23-28.

It will be 5 for us. Thanks to the Tippet sanctions we don't have that mid-aged core most sides do.

We actually have no 24 year olds on our list.

25 year olds are O'Brien, Matt, Kelly, Keays, McAdam (trying to fill that hole)

26 year olds are Brad and Laird

We're literally building up with 18-23 year olds. We'll be effective again when they are 23-28.

Keays is 23.

No, Doedee is an interceptor and contest winner

Luko so far has played as an uncontested receiver like Brodie Smith
I think you’re both wrong actually. From what I’ve seen Luko plays more like a taller version of Milera then either Brodie or Doedee.

Kick first, low, fast moving accurate kicks, never really sprinting, just gliding around the back half distributing the footy with pin point precision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems a typical crow supporters logic. Always thinking about next year. Have a look what PA has done in the present.
Have Gray, Boak, Dixon, Rockliff, etc having great years at 30ish to support 1 year of midfield hits? Port haven't 'rebuilt', they traded two good players with currency who wanted out then smashed the draft picks.

I think you’re both wrong actually. From what I’ve seen Luko plays more like a taller version of Milera then either Brodie or Doedee.

Kick first, low, fast moving accurate kicks, never really sprinting, just gliding around the back half distributing the footy with pin point precision.

The issue at present I see with both Lukoscious and Rankine is neither fill your key planks as either key forward/defender or midfielder. They're both absolute guns, but you don't build your side around them.

For me, I'm not chasing either particularly hard at present because the cost will be significant. I'd be working hard on both for when they're ready to come as free agents.

Our focus at present needs to be elite midfielders #1 and 2, and then at perhaps 3 is a gun key forward. This is why Hollands at pick 1 needs to be our priority.

End of the day, a gun midfield with a good system build around them will cover an average forward/defensive line. It doesn't work the other way around. Ideally you have quality on all lines though.

Have Gray, Boak, Dixon, Rockliff, etc having great years at 30ish to support 1 year of midfield hits? Port haven't 'rebuilt', they traded two good players with currency who wanted out then smashed the draft picks.
Said it before and will say it again, they have never been shy to identify what they want in terms of trade and draft targets and then go out and try and get them. They have been bold..2018 draft is THE underscore on that

The agility test results for Borlaise is a contradiction to what you see on-field .....still believe grass / footy boots are different to runners / wooden floor

View attachment 975444 View attachment 975446

Testing results must have Poulter on our radar

There is a massive difference between testing agility in gym and what actually translates on field.

There's been a lot of work done recently at either Uni SA/Flinders on devising a test that can more accurately reflect this.

The key issues are that agility in a game sense relies on a players ability to read the play, react and respond in a split situation to a completely unique situation to what the player has encountered before. In the gym, they run a relatively pre-defined course.

Its why on field D. Jarman could run rings around players whilst at the same time struggling to run a lap of the oval with a turning circle likely worse than the titanic if tested.

The agility testing in the gym is simply another measure of athleticism and like almost all of the testing done, is limited in its onfield applications and relationship to being a "good player".

I would like to see him start on the Wing, and play the same way Riewoldt played for the Saints(everywhere 😊)

A crazy thought but contrary to popular opinion that better to go local in the draft if a choice presents, but couldn't it be better to go the interstate option and then recruit the SA boy back after a couple of years?
Not really, given how few ever show any interest in returning to SA after experiencing life elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back