Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:

Agreed, and those blasted concussions freakin' stretched it out for 15 minutes.

Thats 15 minutes less time for the media to focus on the Crows.

It wasnt a good look by those players to get knocked out.

I think there is a very high possibility that next year will also be an asterisk season if there is a COVID-19 state outbreak during the season.

It was only an asterix season if Port won the flag.

Check back with me in 12 months and I will let you know about 2021*.

I think there is a very high possibility that next year will also be an asterisk season if there is a COVID-19 state outbreak during the season.
To be honest I fear and feel there will be more rolling stoppages in life covid wise. Not that SA will but.

Nice to have the *season done with so we can concentrate on the important stuff

I may have missed the memo - but why weren't the finals played as regular length - the shortening of games was due to the frequency of games so why not go back to normal??

Strangely very "calm" over there on the Geelong forum which is saying something about this season*.
Yeah because they brought the best structure game to the chaos kings.
If we there or Powah there’s no asterisks on this. Massive efforts by both sides to hub for over a hundred days and defeat home sides in prelims.
Thinking is for sides that finish top two is week off before finals is s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive - very mature. What about his school team containing him, McAsey & Phillips?!!!

Thanks for that - he is really mature.
I don't know anything about the guys who present this, but one of them spends 5 minutes analysing Crows needs for 2021 & beyond. As a seemingly knowledgeable neutral he recommends Crows target midfielders(especially outside runners) & (wait for it!) states that a non-negotiable must be to keep Brad Crouch(!!!) as well as Matt & Brodie Smith. For those of you who have strong feelings re Hollands vs Thilthorpe/McDonald, he makes no mention of key forwards as a priority. Comments?

Top 3:

1. Ugle-Hagan - Bulldogs (bid matched)
2. Hollands - Crows
3. Thilthorpe - Crows (FA compensation)

Remaining picks:

With free agency compensation and bids for the likes of Ugle-Hagan, Campbell, McInness & Jones, it’s possible our next pick (currently 8) gets pushed out to around 13-15. Looking at our list, with Crouch gone from an already weak midfield group, this pick has to go on a midfielder imo.

Looking at the various phantoms and power rankings doing the rounds, it seems likely one of Perkins, Poulter, Macrae, Trew, O’Driscoll or Maher will be available around that mark.

Beyond that, I would’ve thought our remaining picks will be used on trading for Hately and matching bids for Edwards & Borlase.

Top 3:

2. Hollands - Crows

Remaining picks:

With free agency compensation and bids for the likes of Ugle-Hagan, Campbell, McInness & Jones, it’s possible our next pick (currently 8) gets pushed out to around 13-15. Looking at our list, with Crouch gone from an already weak midfield group, this pick has to go on a midfielder imo.

Looking at the various phantoms and power rankings doing the rounds, it seems likely one of Perkins, Poulter, Macrae, Trew, O’Driscoll or Maher will be available around that mark.

Beyond that, I would’ve thought our remaining picks will be used on trading for Hately and matching bids for Edwards & Borlase.
I reckon we'll use our own 2nd rounder too unless someone comes at us with a deal too good to refuse.

Any of those guys would be a good get, Perkins or Poulter for me though.

Great interview - hair reminds me of a young Stix Kernahan! Had known Thilthorope was a Crows fan, but had not known it was the case with Elijah Hollands or that he was brought up in SA until that interview. Hearing about his various moves around the country also makes me think he'd be much less of a flight risk.

We know the AFL love a good news story, so just like how they spun a narrative to keep best mates Rowell and Anderson together and gift GC a priority pick, the Crows marketing team should be on the front foot on social media talking up this connection in angling for that Band 1/Pick 2 Crouch compensation.

Top 3:

2. Hollands - Crows

Remaining picks:

Good post.

A few thoughts -

I think we get 39 and 40 for Atkins and Hartigan compo, we trade 29, 39 and 40 for 12, and we trade 41 for Hately.

That leaves us with 1, 2, 9, 13 and 20, plus 45, 50 and 60 for matching. That should be enough - I don't think any of our NGAs are being bid on before 35 or so.

I'd like to think we'd take 7 kids in the draft as a minimum, so I like how this plays out.

The last thing I'd do - if we're focused on Thilthorpe instead of McDonald, then trade the first pick for pick 3 and a 2020 second. Get some value out of a team wanting McDonald and the marketing of pick 1.

Good post.

A few thoughts -

I think we get 39 and 40 for Atkins and Hartigan compo, we trade 29, 39 and 40 for 12, and we trade 41 for Hately.

That leaves us with 1, 2, 9, 13 and 20, plus 45, 50 and 60 for matching. That should be enough - I don't think any of our NGAs are being bid on before 35 or so.

I'd like to think we'd take 7 kids in the draft as a minimum, so I like how this plays out.

The last thing I'd do - if we're focused on Thilthorpe instead of McDonald, then trade the first pick for pick 3 and a 2020 second. Get some value out of a team wanting McDonald and the marketing of pick 1.
Why does anyone think we gonna bend over someone for a player. We gonna pay way more for Hately.

Why does anyone think we gonna bend over someone for a player. We gonna pay way more for Hately.
Why? Just because you think the club is s**t?

This is an out of contract player and we hold a very early pick in the PSD.

Giving 41 for a player we can get for free is pretty generous, and I think both clubs will understand that. It's hardly bending them over, like it wasn't for Greenwood either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back