Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
If we got pick 2 for Crouch, does anyone think that GCS would entertain pick 1/2 this year and say our third pick next year for their pick 5 this year and their first pick next year??
Nope, Gold Coast not only have pick 5 in the draft but also have two academy kids rated in Twomey's Top 25 that they can just add to their list for free, zilch, nothing, as part of the AFL's concession package to them last year!

And Braeden Campbell looks like the a younger, quicker Nathan Buckley.

Who you taking?
I can see that.

Maybe it's because I watched the videos one after another, but Campbell seemed to be similar to Jason Horne as well in style.

I'd definitely take Campbell every day of the week as I favour those who kick well and often and at speed.

I've been saying for a while that that's what we lack in our midfield.

I will cry if we take Thilthorpe over Mcdonald at pick 1. Getting sick of the whole 'Crows should draft local players' narrative. McDonald has ties with Adelaide too with his mum being from here as well as visiting Adelaide every year. Its a no brainer at pick 1 to take McDonald.

I will cry if we take Thilthorpe over Mcdonald at pick 1. Getting sick of the whole 'Crows should draft local players' narrative. McDonald has ties with Adelaide too with his mum being from here as well as visiting Adelaide every year. Its a no brainer at pick 1 to take McDonald.
mum was from adelaide is not a tie FFS

a bloke who lives in vic but refers to himself as adelaide born and bred and a crows supporter. now thats a tie

Thilthorpe looks to have more upside and variety to me.

mum was from adelaide is not a tie FFS

a bloke who lives in vic but refers to himself as adelaide born and bred and a crows supporter. now thats a tie
Understand where you're coming from but I still think McDoanld at pick 1 then a mid at GWS pick is the play. I am also not against taking Hollands over McDonald at pick 1 just not Thilthorpe over McDoanld

Understand where you're coming from but I still think McDoanld at pick 1 then a mid at GWS pick is the play. I am also not against taking Hollands over McDonald at pick 1 just not Thilthorpe over McDoanld
why are you hot on mcdonald?

When has the club followed that narrative exactly? If we take RT over McDonald it will be because we rate him higher.

I don’t see where the massive hype is for McDonald personally from his WAFL highlights. I mean I would love to add him to our list. He’s gonna be good. But elite? I was a massive fan of both Kings and Blakey. Didn’t see Luko as that type to be honest, but could still see from footage why he was so highly
Rated. From what I have seen of McDonald he just doesn’t look to be that level. Not sure I can see his clear weapons that other people are seeing.

When has the club followed that narrative exactly? If we take RT over McDonald it will be because we rate him higher.

I don’t see where the massive hype is for McDonald personally from his WAFL highlights. I mean I would love to add him to our list. He’s gonna be good. But elite? I was a massive fan of both Kings and Blakey. Didn’t see Luko as that type to be honest, but could still see from footage why he was so highly
Rated. From what I have seen of McDonald he just doesn’t look to be that level. Not sure I can see his clear weapons that other people are seeing.
The narrative is mainly in the media and with crows fans online

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think you might be surprised about sydney not being interested 3 for 8 and 20. id also look at throwing in a player.
What player could we possibly have that would interest Sydney? Clubs don't take the Wooden Spooners dross!

The pick swaps being suggested for the Dogs and Sydney's first (with a nudge and wink we won't bid on their player at pick 1) would not get ok'd by the AFL as the suggested trades do not give those clubs sufficient points premium to make the pick swaps kosher. The nudge and wink component would be seen as draft tampering.

Pick swaps MUST give the high pick holder a significant extra number of points to get the tick.

why are you hot on mcdonald?
Better WAFL stats than jjk and buddy at the same age who are arguably the two best key forwards of the last decade. Not saying he will be better then them because the level of competition in the WAFL might've been stronger back when they were playing. Also has put up better numbers than what Thilthorpe has at senior level

Better WAFL stats than jjk and buddy at the same age who are arguably the two best key forwards of the last decade. Not saying he will be better then them because the level of competition in the WAFL might've been stronger back when they were playing. Also has put up better numbers than what Thilthorpe has at senior level

I wouldn't over play the stats.

Have you watched him play?

Where do you think he's playing style and game is better than Thilthorpe?

He seems a more traditional key forward to me. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. He also seems to have a very strong overhead mark which you'd expect with someone at that height.

Apart from that I think RT is a smarter footballer, quicker, better skills in close, more versatile and much higher upside.

tiny form line. dont be led by the media. its 6 games! came from nowhere. opponents not necessarily what you think they were. played in a top team not a bottom team like RT.

still if its me i'm taking hollands because I think all talls are hit and miss and I wouldnt waste pick 1 on a 50:50 at best of success

tiny form line. dont be led by the media. its 6 games! came from nowhere. opponents not necessarily what you think they were. played in a top team not a bottom team like RT.

still if its me i'm taking hollands because I think all talls are hit and miss and I wouldnt waste pick 1 on a 50:50 at best of success
Are you worried a bit about Hollands knee?

For me I'm 50/50 on it. Although it is a devastating injury to a young man with such a high celling and potential there was no footy played in vic anyways. Also seen previous players taken in the first round off an ACL (lever and m.king come to mind) but we did see lever do a 2nd acl in 2018 and m.king have an acl scare last year playing VFL. Just a little thought

Are you worried a bit about Hollands knee?

For me I'm 50/50 on it. Although it is a devastating injury to a young man with such a high celling and potential there was no footy played in vic anyways. Also seen previous players taken in the first round off an ACL (lever and m.king come to mind) but we did see lever do a 2nd acl in 2018 and m.king have an acl scare last year playing VFL. Just a little thought
of course but st kilda took king with pick 3 and he couldn't play his whole first year

hollands did it in feb, he will play some sanfl but when hes right hes in and should get 15 odd games assuming theres 22. lets face it we arent finals bound anyway.

hes the most likely to succeed and stay IMO. i have no idea who hamish will take but I would risk on hollands based on most having him top 3 in draft despite acl, fits our needs and crows supporter

Thilthorpe looks to have more upside and variety to me.

It's probably the other way around. McDonald has a good 10 kg he needs to gain and is doing a pretty solid job in the WAFL despite that limitation (noting, I have some trust issues with this kind of positive), whereas Thilthorpe is probably close to an ideal build. It's kind of hard to see where there is upside with Thilthorpe off anyone profile of him, seeing he is already noted to have a good tank, and really, 200 cm/99 kg is pretty bang on for his build, so its just turning any puppy fat there is into muscle. Maybe 200 cm/102 kg is the goal, but the risk is impacting his speed.

Still, this might be the rare time that the "hard to see the upside" comment isn't the worst thing for Riley. You know you're getting a 200 cm tall lad who is a good contested mark, good on the ground and is freakishly quick.

It's probably the other way around. McDonald has a good 10 kg he needs to gain and is doing a pretty solid job in the WAFL despite that limitation (noting, I have some trust issues with this kind of positive), whereas Thilthorpe is probably close to an ideal build. It's kind of hard to see where there is upside with Thilthorpe off anyone profile of him, seeing he is already noted to have a good tank, and really, 200 cm/99 kg is pretty bang on for his build, so its just turning any puppy fat there is into muscle. Maybe 200 cm/102 kg is the goal, but the risk is impacting his speed.

Still, this might be the rare time that the "hard to see the upside" comment isn't the worst thing for Riley. You know you're getting a 200 cm tall lad who is a good contested mark, good on the ground and is freakishly quick.
There's more to upside than size for me.

RT seems to have a lot of weapons but hasn't put it all together or settled on a position.

The upside is bringing that all together in a defined role.

McDonald weapons seem good, but limited in comparison and I agree has weight to put on.

of course but st kilda took king with pick 3 and he couldn't play his whole first year

hollands did it in feb, he will play some sanfl but when hes right hes in and should get 15 odd games assuming theres 22. lets face it we arent finals bound anyway.

hes the most likely to succeed and stay IMO. i have no idea who hamish will take but I would risk on hollands based on most having him top 3 in draft despite acl, fits our needs and crows supporter
King also spent nearly all his draft year with saint kilda.

They knew exactly where he was at with his knee because they oversaw his entire rehab.

Nearly every other draftee in recent times who have done a knee in their draft year have slid.

too late hes been delisted.
i would definitely try to package up poholke or kelly or seedsman. if that didnt work Id try (as much as it pains me) to package up lynch. i dont think walker or lynch will get much game time next year.

i expect walker is going to have one of these part player/part coach roles like some of the other clubs are doing.
Knight is still officially on the list, even though his departure has already been announced. He can still be traded. The question is why anyone would do such a thing, given that they know they can have him for free as an RFA? Presumably the reason his departure was announced early is that they've shopped him around and found no interest, assessed his trade value as zero, so announced his exit before trade period begins.

Somebody is a lock. No doubt we have made a decision already. We just have to wait until Christmas morning to open our presents.

Don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed or give a sh*t about these discussions that we have on bf leading up to every draft. Won’t know for a couple of years if we are happy with our choice. Welcome to Adelaide ...

Can’t see us getting pick 2. I’m guessing he stays. Meh.
No one will be disappointed...until Haggis calls out Phillips

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back