Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Agree ....that may change in 4 weeks if our Covid numbers ever drop .....but I'm sure Liptak would, as you say, look at all his medical records and probably discuss with Hollands treating doctor

He made the call on Ryan Burton, which has proven a great call

Though we did draft someone even more injury prone than Burton. Love the Dude, but he's only played 30 of 61 games since his debut. Really needs to stay on the park for a full season next year if he's to be our next captain.

Though we did draft someone even more injury prone than Burton. Love the Dude, but he's only played 30 of 61 games since his debut. Really needs to stay on the park for a full season next year of he's to be our next captain.
Doedee simply did a hammy, and in a shortened season, it appears worse than what it was

ALL AFL clubs had issues with Hammies this year .....so many 4 & 5 day game breaks, and 16 min Qtrs not helpful

LOL .....I've said B4 that we generally only discuss deeply our first pick ......we forget every year we'd be jubilant with #8

I'd love if we could grab a tall at #8 .......Thilthorpe definitely if available, and that's not impossible, with his groin issues maybe causing clubs some concern
pick 6 is the last pick RT could slide to, we need to move 8 up for RT or down for someone else

in this draft pick 8 - no mans land

The way some are speaking you would think Jason Horne is the only elite prospect in next year's draft....he's not.

Yes he is.

In fact, after he's called at #1, the draft will be stopped for the year, possibly forever.

Basically next year is a tank race between Essendrug and Norf.

tenor.gif

First time i have seen any of this kid but he reminds me a bit of Harry McKay. Big strong Kid who can mark. Plenty f upside there too as he will only get fitter at AFL level

Wish Fog would use his hands to take a mark instead of always going for the chest mark. Really frustrating to watch.

pick 6 is the last pick RT could slide to, we need to move 8 up for RT or down for someone else

in this draft pick 8 - no mans land
You're probably correct ..... a man can dream can't he :D

We won't move any picks, other than trying to get a 3rd early first round pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen the footage .....can see Callow being an AFL flop ....194 cm player that stays grounded primarily will struggle as a fwd, .....not many tricks, and not sure he's quick enough as a DEF either

Personally I think eDPS is pretty spot on with his rankings so far this year

His view on Callow
Weaknesses: Athleticism, questionable upside given how physically advanced he is already.

Just turned 17 at the time.

wheres he likely to go 20-30?
wouldn't surprise if hamish takes him as yet another tassie connection after hollands at pick 1. ive also changed my mind on phillips and now think hollands and phillips will be the preferences with the early picks not RT unless we have 1,2,9.

Seen the footage .....can see Callow being an AFL flop ....194 cm player that stays grounded primarily will struggle as a fwd, .....not many tricks, and not sure he's quick enough as a DEF either

Personally I think eDPS is pretty spot on with his rankings so far this year

His view on Callow
Weaknesses: Athleticism, questionable upside given how physically advanced he is already.
i have not seen baldwin live being in covidville. does he leap for the ball, well prior to ACLs?

wheres he likely to go 20-30?
wouldn't surprise if hamish takes him as yet another tassie connection after hollands at pick 1. ive also changed my mind on phillips and now think hollands and phillips will be the preferences with the early picks not RT unless we have 1,2,9.
2nd round I'd think he's one of the better "power" Forwards in this draft.

Absolutely you take the best player at #1 .....that is the guy who may not be the best now, but will develop as the best option ......his position is irrelevent

But McDonald or Thilthorpe are not that "scary in the air" player ........that's not a slight on them, but we do need that player, even later in this draft, or next year

So many tall fwds fail ...and I still can't get out of my head the lack of any commentary on McDonald in the U17 All-Star game ....absolutely puzzling

I'm still very much in the Hollands camp for #1 .....depending on medical which I'm sure Liptak will be involved in

Liptak highly unlikely to be involved. Isn't used by either AFL club. Crows go through the guys at Wakefield Orthopaedics.

i have not seen baldwin live being in covidville. does he leap for the ball, well prior to ACLs?
I'm not familiar much with Baldwin, hard to be given how little exposure he's had ......but my understanding is he's not a huge leaper, more a body player

But others may have seen more of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back