Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
I have a reliable source that when Zac Tuohy left Carlton for Geelong he got offered his contract AND a house outside the salary cap. Geelong have been rorting the system for 10 years.

Surely all clubs would be doing this, especially those in a strong financial position like Geelong

Didn't really say that. Just mentioned the standard club response that he needs to do what's best for brad. The concerning part for me is that Tex thinks he is capable of playing every game next year. Seems to have a total lack of awareness which is a common trait from some of our senior players on the way out. Riccuito quickly changed the subject. Walker mentioned he had a meeting with Nick's on Thursday about his role for next year.
walker sanfl captain, a farewell match, and some match day coaching role to save costs somewhere else probably. agree he can’t play many matches unless there is injuries.

Of course it is. The AFL do a terrible job of policing the salary cap when it isn't blatant breaches
Why was Carlton allowed to pay Judd through VISY outside the cap and yet 12 months later Tippett paid small sums of money that would have been inside the cap costs us Tippett, his return (should've been a first rounder), and 2 years worth of draft picks?

* the VFL

Why was Carlton allowed to pay Judd through VISY outside the cap and yet 12 months later Tippett paid small sums of money that would have been inside the cap costs us Tippett, his return (should've been a first rounder), and 2 years worth of draft picks?

fu** the VFL

Geelong literally tried to cheat the salary cap to retain Tim Kelly. They tried to gain permission to cheat the cap to pay him special dispensation for his family circumstances.

fu** the VFL
ours was recorded in email, the cats smart enough not to leave a paper trail

blame tippets dad

Borlase is playing in this game being streamed (for Tiser members) right now, looks really really good. You guys have the rights to him I think? (Sorry if this isn't the case, I haven't really been following the draft too much)

I have a reliable source that when Zac Tuohy left Carlton for Geelong he got offered his contract AND a house outside the salary cap. Geelong have been rorting the system for 10 years.
Tuohy wasnt a FA though... it makes it hard to do dodgy deals like that when the real monetary value has to be pit infront of the current players club to allow them the opportunty to match..

if its a piddly amount because half of its going to be under the table them the current club just matches.. and the AFL would also start asking questions..

Tuohy wasnt a FA though... it makes it hard to do dodgy deals like that when the real monetary value has to be pit infront of the current players club to allow them the opportunty to match..

if its a piddly amount because half of its going to be under the table them the current club just matches.. and the AFL would also start asking questions..
Outside the cap. Not written into contract. Under the table.

ours was recorded in email, the cats smart enough not to leave a paper trail

blame tippets dad
The Blues not the Cats. The AFL gave permission for Judd to earn money from Visy, as an ambassador for cardboard boxes presumably. It was all out in the open with a huge paper trail

The most contentious third-party deal in AFL history has died a quiet death with Visy winding up Chris Judd’s highly-paid contract.
Judd was paid more than $200,000 a year to push Visy’s environmental message but the AFL eventually ruled all of that money must be within the salary cap.

Critics of the deal believed it was only in place to help get Judd to Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borlase is playing in this game being streamed (for Tiser members) right now, looks really really good. You guys have the rights to him I think? (Sorry if this isn't the case, I haven't really been following the draft too much)

Listening to Port fans commentating whinging about Borlase was worth the tune in.

Brodie Edwards looks real good to me.
Borlase too.
Newchurch not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back