Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Yeah, Richmond sticking with Dusty has really come back to bite them.🤣
I personally couldn’t give a rats about players after they walk off the ground. Simple fact is Chaise Jones is our highest ever pick and got 3 touches in the last game. Him being a “ripping kid” is not helping our football team one iota.

'Chayce' Jones is not our highest ever pick. And he is only two seasons in, with one of those coming amidst a global pandemic. Willing to give him some time.

I tend to agree if the Geelong rumours are true that we will likely end up with pick 11.

This won't entirely be a bad result for us as realistic expectations need to prevail & if we consolidated picks to trade up we can land up to 4 top 15 picks this season and also end up with an extra 1st rounder 2021.

However it is very early & id say Geelong have higher proprietys then I wouldn't discount Port having a decent crack before Gold Coast come in with the $$$$

Cameron & Daniher will set the tone for silly season
Daniher is a perfect example of an overrated player because of his family namesake and being a Victorian. Brad Crouch is worth more than him.

He said ....”value one on one more than endurance. Speed would be nice on the lead but with Worrell, Doedee and McAsey probably not a problem”. He put McAsey in the speed category.... the guy runs on a spot
You misunderstand. Worrell, Doedee and McAsey are all outstanding intercept marks.
With that in the backline the occasional loss of Borlase man in traffic can be covered. And McAsey will be better in the long run.

Yep, you're right, North would split our two first picks. Don't think it'd matter hugely, we'd get 2 of Thilthorpe/Hollands/Phillips.

1. Swans - McDonald
  2. Adelaide - Thilthorpe
  3. Dogs (after North bid) - JUH
  4. North - Phillips
  5. Adelaide - Hollands
Sydney then fare the best with Cambell and McDonald.

It’s about upside, not what yr producing now. What a young player can become
I wont be disappointed if we take bruhn or phillips at 8. Just want the best mid at that pick. Im surprised because a lot have him in the first few picks.

LOGAN MCDONALD HIGHLIGHTS | 2020 AFL DRAFT PROSPECT

interesting highlights package.

Positives:
- creates space to mark
- good kick

question marks for those who have watched more of him than some highlights:
- I didn’t see him crash any packs - does he have this in his game as it is harder to create space in the afl
- does he have a burst of pace - couldn’t tell from the footage as the space he created seemed to be more through agility in close quarters than speed

1 adelaide: hollands
2 adelaide: mcdonald
3 nth melbourne: thilthorpe
4 sydney: campbell
5 hawthorn: granger barass
6 gold coast: no idea
7 essendon: hopefully not philips
8 adelaide: philips

;)
We got draft experts claiming Phillips as the best mid in the draft, plus Matt rendell saying he’s another Rowell. Might be a bit under rated on this board

The more I think about it, the more I want the Parfitt rumour to be true. One of the best pressure midfielders in the comp already at a young age, his disposal count will only improve if he gets more opportunity (like he would here rather than at the Cats)

If we remove Gallucci, Brouch, Atkins, Gibbs, Poholke, Knight, Hartigan and Mackay from the list, that leaves 8 list spots. I'm gonna assume Borlase and Edwards will take up two spots as NGA/FS guys, while Newchurch goes to the rookie draft

Leaves six slots to be filled. If we get band 1 for Brouch and band 3 for Atkins, that should leave us with (if you take into account Williams compo) 1, 2, 10, 22, 23, 35, and then picks we'd use to grab Edwards and Borlase. I'm unsure what compo Daniher will get, so I'll leave that extra Essendon pick out

I'd happily trade our 2nd for Parfitt and the WB 2nd for Hately. I think that's a pretty fair price for both, all things considered

That leaves us with 1, 2, 9 and 22/23. I'd be hoping for this:

Bid: WB - JUH
Pick 1: Adel - Hollands
Pick 2: Adel - McDonald
Pick 3: NM - Phillips
Pick 4: Syd - Thilthorpe
Bid: Syd - Campbell
Pick 5: Haw - Grainger-Barrass
Pick 6: GC - Cox
Pick 7: Ess - Bruhn
Pick 8: Carl - Henry
Pick 9: Adel - O'Driscoll
Pick 10: GWS (Williams) - Carroll
Pick 11: NM - Reid
Pick 12: Freo - Perkins

Then select Brayden Cook with our start of 2nd round pick.

Hollands - dynamic midfielder/forward that we've been lacking for, well, forever
McDonald - marking forward that will provide a good foil to Fog and Berg
NOD - athletic midfielder that could turn into a real nice, tall clearance player in time
Brayden Cook - goal kicking wingman. We don't have a lot of midfielders/wingers that can go forward, so it'd be nice to have one waiting in the wings

I'd feel confident going forward if we brought this talent into the club. Leaves us with a nice mix of players to choose between going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it, the more I want the Parfitt rumour to be true. One of the best pressure midfielders in the comp already at a young age, his disposal count will only improve if he gets more opportunity (like he would here rather than at the Cats)

If we remove Gallucci, Brouch, Atkins, Gibbs, Poholke, Knight, Hartigan and Mackay from the list, that leaves 8 list spots. I'm gonna assume Borlase and Edwards will take up two spots as NGA/FS guys, while Newchurch goes to the rookie draft

Leaves six slots to be filled. If we get band 1 for Brouch and band 3 for Atkins, that should leave us with (if you take into account Williams compo) 1, 2, 10, 22, 23, 35, and then picks we'd use to grab Edwards and Borlase. I'm unsure what compo Daniher will get, so I'll leave that extra Essendon pick out

I'd happily trade our 2nd for Parfitt and the WB 2nd for Hately. I think that's a pretty fair price for both, all things considered

Hollands - dynamic midfielder/forward that we've been lacking for, well, forever
NOD - athletic midfielder that could turn into a real nice, tall clearance player in time
Brayden Cook - goal kicking wingman. We don't have a lot of midfielders/wingers that can go forward, so it'd be nice to have one waiting in the wings

I'd feel confident going forward if we brought this talent into the club. Leaves us with a nice mix of players to choose between going forward
north will take thilthorpe guaranteed. no ben brown anymore.

henry is ass ain’t goin top 10

Question: If we bid on Campbell, can we trade with Sydney for pick 4 or are we excluded from being allowed to trade with them? I feel like we're excluded but I can't remember.

I'm not sure I see the hype in McDonald, to me he is too similar to FOG. Not a pack mark, either on the lead or out bodying type marks whilst not particularly quick.

I would rather Thilthorpe after Hollands or Phillips
Taller version of Fog I agree . Also has chunky legs. Again I’d rather Granger BArass and turn him into a forward ala Naughton . Has more speed , agility, mobility and jumping ability then not McDonald and Thilthorpe.

I personally couldn’t give a rats about players after they walk off the ground. Simple fact is Chaise Jones is our highest ever pick and got 3 touches in the last game. Him being a “ripping kid” is not helping our football team one iota.
just to be clear this is my perception of what our club values/does and not necessarily my opinion of what is right or wrong.

we definitely need mongrel that’s lacking as per your martin case in point.

Would rather Perkins at pick 9. He looks elite and is very balanced. Seems to have lightning pace and is a goal kicking mid.

Last edited:
I think you'll find Fischer McAsey is our highest ever pick...if you ignore Brad Crouch that is.

After careful consideration of the players available in the draft this year, Ive decided I need Picks 1,2 and 3. :drunk:

So if we lose Brouch to get Pick 2 and somehow we need to pull Pick 3 out of our arses. :think:

Hollands, McDonald and Thilthorpe would be massive for the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back