Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
IMO the only reason we would consider it is because an SA lads is one of them.

We've already got Borlase coming in this year, can shift McAsey forward.
Yeah we've drafted a few talls recently and have Himmelberg apparently coming of age.

Happy to take a tall with pick 2 if we get it but priority needs to be midfield talent

Yeah we've drafted a few talls recently and have Himmelberg apparently coming of age.

Happy to take a tall with pick 2 if we get it but priority needs to be midfield talent

There is a lot of mids in the first 10-20 players and we have picks 8 and 20 as well, so going with those two would be ok.

Nick's also said power along with speed and referred to the ideal mid like a Petracca type. Interested what players in the draft fit the speed and power attributes?

The club can't be forced into a matching scenario to force a better outcome through the trade as we will end up paying more for brad than we believe he is worth. Another club may be willing to give him 5 years as their club has a 5 year premiership window. Our list is in a different position. The crows need to decide what Brad is worth to us and not go above that. If we end up with an end of first round pick so be it. What we do know is that Brad will go with the best offer. If staying trumps taking the best deal then he will need to accept our 3 year deal. Also, for all we know maybe we are trading out another player which may nett us a top 15 pick. That pick with Brad's compo may allow us to trade into the top 10. If we end up with 3 picks in the top 10 that is a great outcome. We just won't have pick 1, 2, 8 . End of the day we may not end up with both Hollands and McDonald if that's who we were taking at 1 and 2 but need to make a choice out of the two.
I thought that's the whole point of FA, other clubs will negotiate what they are willing to offer that FA player. The club will than chose to match that offer and than the other clubs will decide to offer more, if not, the FA player will decide to re-sign with the club on the offer salary or decide he wants to be traded to another club instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick's also said power along with speed and referred to the ideal mid like a Petracca type. Interested what players in the draft fit the speed and power attributes?
Zavier Maher would be a steal if still available with a 2nd round pick, explosive burst of speed and big and strong. See my avatar

hollands

phillips is 179 that ain’t petracca
Well he actually didn't mention height. Look at Laird the reason they moved him to the mids is he has some of that. Nick's also mentioned when referring to the Petracca types those that can recover quickly on their mistakes. I suspect we are looking at those who can get on the loose ball quickly and power on. Not your Matt Crouch type midfielder.

Well that's how I thought it would be but every time anyone has said it in an interview, it's been said with the Thhhhhhil bit

Pretty sure I've heard a few recruiters say it that way too
I actually know some Thilthorpes and they're Tilthorpes not Thhhilthorpes, which sounds too ridiculous to be true.

Wait till BT tries to say it

I can’t imagine Hawthorn offered Frawley $800k+.
Wasn't there some controversy after signing where either Frawley or a Hawks official said it was a 3 year deal, then quickly retracted and said it was a 2 year deal. A 3 year deal would have said only band 2 for Melbourne and I believe there was another deal between those 2 teams.

We might need a refresher here (a bit annoying with the giant logo over the middle of the screen but it wears off after a few minutes)

Big, fast, skilled, good in traffic, makes excellent decisions, poised, great kick on both sides, hits up leading forwards, kicks to advantage of static forwards, contested mark, second efforts, goal sense, kicks goals from the paint on the center square, school mates with Fisher McAsey, Adelaide born and raised, life long crows fan.

We might need a refresher here (a bit annoying with the giant logo over the middle of the screen but it wears off after a few minutes)

Big, fast, skilled, good in traffic, makes excellent decisions, poised, great kick on both sides, hits up leading forwards, kicks to advantage of static forwards, contested mark, second efforts, goal sense, kicks goals from the paint on the center square, school mates with Fisher McAsey, Adelaide born and raised, life long crows fan.

Bring Hollands and then his other mate Maher with Pick 20.

1. Hollands
2. Tilthorpe
8. O'Driscoll
20. Maher

Well he actually didn't mention height. Look at Laird the reason they moved him to the mids is he has some of that. Nick's also mentioned when referring to the Petracca types those that can recover quickly on their mistakes. I suspect we are looking at those who can get on the loose ball quickly and power on. Not your Matt Crouch type midfielder.
who do you think he’s referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back