Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
So by the Crows offloading Brad, are we chasing Thilthorpe with his compensation pick? What pick does everyone predict he will go at, if we don't get him at pick 1?
I think it will depend on where McDonald goes...if any of Sydney, the Hawks or even the Roos if we take McDonald would have to look seriously at Thilthorpe wouldn't they?

Brown is too much a one trick pony for mine, and he's been found out big time now teams are putting work into him.

Well we aren’t exactly recruiting to win a flag. But probably not the direction I’m hoping to see us take anyway. Plus too similar to the role I hope Berg is given. Not sure we need the 3rd tall. If Fog can be a bit more involved in the game, for longer, I feel like Fog and Berg should be our first choice. If we do need a 3rd tall we should be using McAsey anyway. Need to put games into those 3.

Twomey's not Hamish but....where did Twomey have Tom Doedee. :)

As you know I'm not a big Twomey fan, the only thing he does I rate highly is his last Phantom Draft before Draft night where he gets reasonable mail on what the clubs are doing.

I feel like he isn’t getting the mail anymore. Just me? Thought he started getting bad mail around the Fog draft, but I could be wrong.

This from AFL website: https://www.afl.com.au/about-afl/free-agency
Assuming Brad is at least 1st or 2nd band, we get pick 2 or 19 before all the matchy-matchy stuff happens. That much IS clear. But whether Brad + Atkins out equals one pick or two picks, I am none the wiser from this description.

Precedent is now king. Are there examples of what happened when a club has a net loss >= 2 FA players?
Good job pointing out the ambiguity of the wording in that free agency article - they could actually go the cannot-combine path or the can-combine path with that wording. The feeling is cannot-combine is their preferred outcome as otherwise clubs could go out of their way to push free agents out to try and get a top pick.

Trouble is free agents getting compo picks have not happen that often that looking through wikipedia, you have to go back to 2012 (as Jumbo posted) where Poort got two compo picks for two departing free agents, but so did Melbourne.

But 2012 was a while ago and while the Lemons did get 2 separate compo picks, they actually brought in an unrestricted free agent (from Cats) as well so there's no telling how applicable what happened in 2012 is to today.

So what is going to happen for us this year if Brad departs as a FA along with Atkins ...

stephen-fry-nobody-knows-e-jpg.914711

Just a quick look at Free Agency since 2012 mainly looking at the double-ups. could only find two examples both in 2012
Port - Pearce 2nd rd, Chaplin 2nd rd
Melb- River 3rd rd, Moloney 3rd rd

You’re the one who said no way you’d do that hypothetical deal. Changed your mind?
no i just don’t like future pick trading. yes the gws thing worked. bloody lucky.
it’s roulette seriously and not worth the risk

no i just don’t like future pick trading. yes the gws thing worked. bloody lucky.
it’s roulette seriously and not worth the risk

Id do that particular deal, but North wouldn’t. But wouldn’t do a fair deal. I want Hollands. If I’m wishing for miracles I’m still after a bid on Campbell that isn’t matched, followed by a bid on JUH that is matched (cause * you bulldogs), followed by Hollands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id do that particular deal, but North wouldn’t. But wouldn’t do a fair deal. I want Hollands. If I’m wishing for miracles I’m still after a bid on Campbell that isn’t matched, followed by a bid on JUH that is matched (cause fu** you bulldogs), followed by Hollands.
how do you know they won’t pick hollands? ps i want hollands too - to me the rest of it doesn’t matter that’s how much I think he can do for our team

how do you know they won’t pick hollands? ps i want hollands too - to me the rest of it doesn’t matter that’s how much I think he can do for our team

No I’d be doing that for Horne + another pretty awesome player at their pick. I was just talking about that particular trade that you responded to. I don’t think you can say never. But basically this year I want us to use our top 10 picks without trading. Don’t like my chances of that happening though. But have to say they haven’t done too bad in pick trading.

Also, because I want Hollands, I can just about guarantee you that we won’t take him 😂

No I’d be doing that for Horne + another pretty awesome player at their pick. I was just talking about that particular trade that you responded to. I don’t think you can say never. But basically this year I want us to use our top 10 picks without trading. Don’t like my chances of that happening though. But have to say they haven’t done too bad in pick trading.

Also, because I want Hollands, I can just about guarantee you that we won’t take him 😂
i’m worried too they won’t take him for fears of recrimination if acl plays up
then again max king went at 3 and could not even play in his first year. hollands will be right pretty much near start of season.

i care less about horne. he looks good for has no interest in the crows and i want people that bleed for the jumper

so that’s hollands and TT. will bleed, never leave, and have form lines that go back 3 years not 6 games like ronald mcdonald

If we trade pick 1 for two late first round picks I'm done.
Lol. People jumping at shadows. If we trade pick 1, it’d be for another pick in the top 5 plus another future anticipated top 5 pick... at worst. Or it would be something like pick 1 and 2021 2nd for Sydney’s pick 3 and 2021 1st.

i care less about horne. he looks good for has no interest in the crows and i want people that bleed for the jumper

so that’s hollands and TT. will bleed, never leave, and have form lines that go back 3 years not 6 games like ronald mcdonald

Heads up. No player in todays modern game bleeds for their jumper. That happened in an era that will unfortunately never exist in the AFL ever again.

They bleed for their family first and if that means chasing the bigger pay cheque then so be it.

Clubs need to start taking care of themselves and placing itself and its supporters as priorities over any one player.

FA didnt just give players more power and choice. Its ruined the game.

Lol. People jumping at shadows. If we trade pick 1, it’d be for another pick in the top 5 plus another future anticipated top 5 pick... at worst. Or it would be something like pick 1 and 2021 2nd for Sydney’s pick 3 and 2021 1st.
won’t happen

Youre both correct.

Thats what it would take to pries Pick 1 from Adelaide. Unfortuantely it wont happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back