Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
He reminds me a little of Daniher.
Yeah I think some in here are a bit carried away with McDonald if they're thinking he's so superior to Thilthorpe if at all personally. Maybe a bit of shinytoyitis methinks.

Thilthorpe splitting some of his time in the ruck, especially late in the season and sharing a forward line with Tom Keough wouldn't help his goal count. He brings a 200cm contested marking focal point to our forward line which, even with Bergs development this season, we sorely need.

On Tariek, I haven't seen any of his full games this season but we are talking about an unfinished product that we should be able to pick up for next to nothing. His attacking capabilities in that highlight video earlier in the year are enough for me to take him for the second round onwards, if it doesn't pan out then so be it, if it does though...

Thilthorpe splitting some of his time in the ruck, especially late in the season and sharing a forward line with Tom Keough wouldn't help his goal count. He brings a 200cm contested marking focal point to our forward line which, even with Bergs development this season, we sorely need.

On Tariek, I haven't seen any of his full games this season but we are talking about an unfinished product that we should be able to pick up for next to nothing. His attacking capabilities in that highlight video earlier in the year are enough for me to take him for the second round onwards, if it doesn't pan out then so be it, if it does though...
yeah, I would be ok with taking thilthorpe at 2. im not sure if himmelberg will make it yet. his kicking for goal is still a huge worry.

Yes, I’ve only watched the highlights packages but Thilthorpe way before McDonald for mine.

tilthorpe convinced me the second he swung onto the left a few times to spot up targets / kick goals. Also quite a few contested marks.

i don’t think there was one contested mark in McDonalds highlights package.

Yes, I’ve only watched the highlights packages but Thilthorpe way before McDonald for mine.

tilthorpe convinced me the second he swung onto the left a few times to spot up targets / kick goals. Also quite a few contested marks.

Rad peripheral vision with nicely weighted handballs to running players as well for a big bloke .

Has all the tools to be an A grade Forward / Ruck in the AFL .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this. However, past experience has taught me to be very wary of highlights packages, and I hope that Hamish does not use them!
Several times, I and others have been seduced by highlights packages, only to be disappointed when confronted by reality.
Fog is a good case in point: he seduced both me and Dunstall with 15 sec of highlights, only to disappoint since. Flanders last year also got me, yet he has looked pretty ordinary for GC from what I've seen. There will be many other examples.

On the other hand, I've found full-game performances in SANFL to be a much better guide to AFL expectations. For example, Stevens did not excite me last year, and has performed exactly to expectation in AFL this year. (By the way, where the hell is FAITH?)
So, the observers of TT and McDonald in SANFL/WAFL should have a very realistic idea of their expectations. On the other hand, we only have the highlights package for Hollands, so anything could happen there.

I think my moral would be "trust Hamish, rather than highlights packages".

Last edited:

Yeah.. he looks great with both left and right legs when kicking for goal or field passing..

who else do we know thats always been strong on both of his left and right boots?..

looks really mobile for a 200cm lad too..

crows supporter and wants to be a crow.

take him.

Yeah.. he looks great with both left and right legs when kicking for goal or field passing..

who else do we know thats always been strong on both of his left and right boots?..

take him.
gotta get pick 2 yet and theres no way we're skipping hollands at 1.

take him.
Great touch with perfectly weighted kicks to team mates, very fast thinking hand balling.

Almost be over thinking ourselves to not pick him.

Yes indeed, we have yet to get pick2 and probably won't.

In addition, you won't be skipping Hollands at pick 1, but Hamish may have a completely different agenda.
thilthorpe aint worth pick 1, sorry. I could see him also picking phiilips/bruhn at 1.

Agree with this. However, past experience has taught me to be very wary of highlights packages, and I hope that Hamish does not use them!
Several times, I and others have been seduced by highlights packages, only to be disappointed when confronted by reality.
Fog is a good case in point: he seduced both me and Dunstall with 15 sec of highlights, only to disappoint since. Flanders last year also got me, yet he has looked pretty ordinary for GWS from what I've seen. There will be many other examples.

On the other hand, I've found full-game performances in SANFL to be a much better guide to AFL expectations. For example, Stevens did not excite me last year, and has performed exactly to expectation in AFL this year. (By the way, where the hell is FAITH?)
So, the observers of TT and McDonald in SANFL/WAFL should have a very realistic idea of their expectations. On the other hand, we only have the highlights package for Hollands, so anything could happen there.

I think my moral would be "trust Hamish, rather than highlights packages".
Stephens showed some excellent form in the latter part of the SANFL season in 2019 and showed some glimpses of that this season .

Way to judge players after a handful of games in their first year of AFL .

Stephens was always going to take a couple of seasons before taking a big step up , his ceiling remains very high IMO .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back