Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
This is worse than a playstation idea, but is it so crazy that it just might work? :D

Assuming we lose Brad, and suppose Tex is paid out. We could offer Ben Brown a pretty decent contract. North don't have much hope of extracting any value out of him, let alone to the team with pick 1 in the PSD if he nominates them. Not a free agent, so AFAIK that wouldn't affect any compo.

He is 27 and likely not going to play finals with us, but he would straighten us up and we like playing with the three slow talls. Personally, I don't like the three slow tall set up anyway, but just in terms of getting a 60 goal a year forward for essentially nothing, its a thought.

I see Fog developing in Tex's role rather than a deep forward. But probably Berg and Brown are too similar and I wouldn't want to bring in an older player that would block his development.
How bout Nooooo, gets half his goals from frees so there goes half his goals if he plays for the Crows. At 27 its pointless to get him.

Anyone actually know what Jenkins is on at Geelong?..

Rumours are he was willing to accept a very small contract there (around $200k)

if we are only paying half that...
He was on 700 or so.
Means we are forking out at least tree fiddy

How bout Nooooo, gets half his goals from frees so there goes half his goals if he plays for the Crows. At 27 its pointless to get him.
it might be more about memberships than anything. it also solves the issue of not taking a tall at the draft if they are set on hollands at 1 and not convinced they are getting pick 2

it might be more about memberships than anything. it also solves the issue of not taking a tall at the draft if they are set on hollands at 1 and not convinced they are getting pick 2
Here you go with this placate the masses again. We do not operate that way.

I've said right from last year Elijah Hollands was my pick as the No.1 player for 2020 draft (check my posting history if you don't believe me) then he did his ACL which makes anyone with sound judgement think twice about that and certainly brings McDonald, Thilthorpe and several others closer in my thinking on that score.

The point is at this time Hollands is more a proven Forward/Midfielder than a Midfielder/Forward and sure the indications were there he'd furnish into an excellent midfielder/forward but then the ACL and Covid intervened.

I'd still take Hollands with our first but I'd be far more confident doing that if we attain pick 2 as well if Brad leaves.
Id be happy to take Hollands with pick 1 or 2 if we have pick 2..

Hollands and TT for me..

But if we only have pick 1..
I’m going TT after bidding for JUH.. then best Mid at GWS pick.

If we had both 1 & 2.. I also wouldnt be upset if we grabbed TT and Mcdonald..

it would set our forward line up for the next decade..

Mids with the rest of our picks/potential trades this year and next year.

and a hard no to J Cameron or Ben Brown thanks!.. would if we were contending, but dont want either in a rebuild period..

Here you go with this placate the masses again. We do not operate that way.
get off my case mist. if you read my posts i dont think he worth the money
i said they might do it for memberships not that i would big difference

why is everyone so uptight on this thread today?

i think its because until we know we get pick 2 for brad we are all seriously pissed. 😂

I asked what he was on AT GEELONG.. of we are paying half of his wage there.. whats he on so we can know how much we are paying..

And he was never on $700k a year for us..
You wanna go? We’d be paying 350 easy. Times it by 2.

You wanna go? We’d be paying 350 easy. Times it by 2.
“Wanna go”?... what?, do you want a have a punch up over it?

honestly.. Not sure if its actually worth responding but here we go..

according to this article...

“The Swan Hill product has two years to run on a deal worth between $500,000-600,000 per season but is on the nose at West Lakes. It’s believed he would settle for a base salary as little as $200,000 at a new club — plus incentives — and the Crows would likely to have pay some of this deal.”

so * knows where your getting he’s on $700k a year at geelong from.. is he getting $500k worth of “incentives” for playing 1 game this season is he??..

as quoted its probably closer to $200k a year..

unless of course you have better info you can provide us all here..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“The Swan Hill product has two years to run on a deal worth between $500,000-600,000 per season but is on the nose at West Lakes. It’s believed he would settle for a base salary as little as $200,000 at a new club — plus incentives — and the Crows would likely to have pay some of this deal.”

so fu** knows where your getting he’s on $700k a year at geelong from.. is he getting $500k worth of “incentives” for playing 1 game this season is he??..

According, beleived.Tree fiddy. Reid is a goose.

so fu** knows where your getting he’s on $700k a year at geelong from.. is he getting $500k worth of “incentives” for playing 1 game this season is he??..

I look forward to the response.

I think our plan should be (if we get pick 2).

We trade pick 2 with Sydney for pick 4 and next year's 1st

P1. We bid on JUH knocking WB out of the draft.

P2. We pick TT

P3. Sydney pick McDonald

P4. North pick Phillips

P5. We pick Holland's

This guarantees noone bids on Campbell until pick 4 possibly pick 6 saving Sydney a ton of points. Everyone wins.....but North.

Suggest you look closer at Hollands, at 17 he was 188, 85kg he is taller today and I would say heavier due to more time in Gym.
Without his Injury, Hollands would have been regarded as the Best Player in the Draft by a long way,
And Without COVID I doubt McDonald would be regarded and a top 5 Pick

Also, have a closer look at our tall forwards,
Walker replacement is Playing today, Lynch is more a Flanker than a key forward, I would almost Say Lynch is closer to running tall Midfielder.
Also don't rule out McAsey, Worrel,

And note there a reason Richmond, Geelong and you can Brisbane and Even Port are having good seasons, They have a decent Midfield
a Midflied that wins the football.

Everybody on this board thinks midfielders and we will be great next year. Rebuilds don’t happen in one year, they take 2 or 3 years. We should take talls now and next year move onto midfielders.

This year has a lot of Talls and next year midfielders.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think our plan should be (if we get pick 2).

We trade pick 2 with Sydney for pick 4 and next year's 1st

P1. We bid on JUH knocking WB out of the draft.

P2. We pick TT

P3. Sydney pick McDonald

P4. North pick Phillips

P5. We pick Holland's

This guarantees noone bids on Campbell until pick 4 possibly pick 6 saving Sydney a ton of points. Everyone wins.....but North.
So we give up pick 2 2020 - Sydney give up pick 4 2020 and most likely pick 4/5 in the 2021 super strong draft right?

Or am I reading it all wrong?

So we give up pick 2 2020 - Sydney give up pick 4 2020 and most likely pick 4/5 in the 2021 super strong draft right?

Or am I reading it all wrong?
You are reading it correctly. However, it gives them one of the two stand out tells which they wouldn't get otherwise. Also we will bid on Campbell after we bid on JUH knocking their pick 4 out of the draft. I understand the argument for giving a 2nd back next year but I'd drive a hard bargain.

Everybody on this board thinks midfielders and we will be great next year. Rebuilds don’t happen in one year, they take 2 or 3 years. We should take talls now and next year move onto midfielders.

This year has a lot of Talls and next year midfielders.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who talking about being great next year, and not too many have mention rebuilding in one year, By the way we started rebuilding last year took 2 talls in McAsey and Worrel, 1 Mid, in the first 3 picks.
This year we will look at best at this time it looking like Hollands, who also happens to fill a need. Maybe there a tall available for our 2nd pick,
Don't forget we get a free pick on Borlase
As for next year who knows we have not even seen the best of the 17-year-old perform so how can anyone determine that.

You are reading it correctly. However, it gives them one of the two stand out tells which they wouldn't get otherwise. Also we will bid on Campbell after we bid on JUH knocking their pick 4 out of the draft. I understand the argument for giving a 2nd back next year but I'd drive a hard bargain.
You realise you'd be negotiating with probably the most experienced and one of the best, if not the best list managers/recruiters in the history of the draft, good luck with outfoxing Kinnear Beatson on any trade deals.

I'd think any fan worth there salt would be pissed if the Crows went after Brown. He does nothing for that 3rd Premiership and i don't even see how he get bums on seats hes a boring player.

You realise you'd be negotiating with probably the most experienced and one of the best, if not the best list managers/recruiters in the history of the draft, good luck with outfoxing Kinnear Beatson on any trade deals.
Not trying to outfox. I think it's a fair deal. Given they have an elite academy player that want bid on as late as possible and could get another high end talent. Wait and see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back