Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
But they're not all the same, that's just it, it gets down to personal preferences, if it's me I'd be looking at midfielder/forward prospects like Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford, Jack Carroll, Caleb Poulter and Jack Ginnivan.

Then there's mids Will Phillips, Tanner Bruhn , Nathan O'Driscoll, Sam Berry and Finlay Macrae.

Then there's tall utilities/Ruck/Forwards Riley Thilthorpe Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid, athletic tall defenders Denver Grainger-Barras and Heath Chapman, medium utility Jack Henry. And your guess is as good as mine where Key Forward Kaine Baldwin goes after his 2nd ACL issue but otherwise he'd be seriously in that discussion

Sure several are likely gone before pick 8 but there is still going to be a heap of quality youngsters available at pick 8...heaps.

I defy anyone to pick accurately where all those players named go pick wise and I'd be happy enough with any of them though Archie Perkins and Eddie Ford would be my personal preference looking at our list needs and of course depending who we take with pick 1..
question Mutineer, would you be keen to try and trade that pick 8 we have up into the top 5 this year (ie by adding maybe pick 20) or is it better value to pick at 8 and then with an early 2nd grab another lad - in your opinion is the gap in talent not worth the trade up

Doubt Stehgle will get the sack, need to remember the Club was more pissed about his failure to report the Incident which is why he got 4 games.
Also, AFLPA will step in, Can see him becoming heavily involved in Community programs next year,

Stengles contract probably saves him in the current climate, but he’ll no doubt cop weeks and plenty of “community service”.

Crouch I think is gone, if he wasn’t already. Club already unsure of his position moving forward being out of contract and having been exploring options for 18 months. His body has been an issue since being drafted, I think with everything going on, for someone whom supposedly wants to stay, he’s made it far too easy to metaphorically wash our hands and use him as an example.

Signs of a good player ....
1. One touch marking .....no fumbling / juggling marks
2. Tall players who jump at the ball
3. Ability to read the game and anticipate the play .....not react to an opponent

Grainger-Barras .....195 cm & quick for his size

Agreed, sounds a good player, I doubt he ends up at the Crows though.

Id have no issues at 8 picking him, although I suspect he’s gone, but having gone an intercepting back with pick 6 last year, whilst also picking Worrel in the mid 20’s and having access to Borlase later in the draft, I certainly wouldn’t be spending pick 1 on him.

Agreed, sounds a good player, I doubt he ends up at the Crows though.

Id have no issues at 8 picking him, although I suspect he’s gone, but having gone an intercepting back with pick 6 last year, whilst also picking Worrel in the mid 20’s and having access to Borlase later in the draft, I certainly wouldn’t be spending pick 1 on him.
Neither would I

McDonald is 100% a top 10 player ......from there we're talking semantics and needs

Thilthorpe is a very average ruckman .....but as a mobile tall around the ground, will be valuable to teams
McDonald I agree has style very close to Nick Riewoldt ....but remember he was never a great pack mark, it was always one on one

With today's flooding back, would Riewoldt be as effective, with less room to manoeuvre ?? .......plus he is similar to Himmelberg.... and with a mix of Himmer, Fogarty, and McDonald, I'm not seeing a great diversity of style

We can already see the addition of McAdam has added a different dynamic to the forward line ......players that launch at the ball or a great pack marks get my attention

WRT Thilthorpe’s ruckwork, this probably bothers me the least, so many quality ruckman start their career’s as bog average ruckman, yet develop the craft over a 4-5 year period. Riley unlike most, has all the other tools that turn a quality ruckman into an elite ruck.

The value of tap work is also overrated, there’s just too many examples of premiership teams with average rucks. He just needs to be competitive in the tuck and then become damaging around the ground.

Having said that, I see Riley as a Pick 3-8 ranged prospect. If he wasn’t such a quality lad from SA, he probably doesn’t figure in our pick 1 talks. Hence why Holland’s is my pick, but I’d love to find a way to pick up Riley and wouldn’t be too disappointed if we grabbed him at 1.

Lets just put mcasey up forward and pick hollands at 1. If we get pick 2 choose campbell. If sydney match then idfk lol. Maybe phillips or bruhn. Our midfield was mediocre af this year and with brad possibly leaving and sloane coming to the end it needs attention.

IMO Hollands is a pretty close “no brainer”.

The main concern is the ACL for me, how vigilant has he been with his recovery And how well we he stick to keeping his body right?

The concerns re transition to midfield are less of a concern for me. A player of his class will transition no worries over time, although I’d expect we won’t see itfor a good 3-5 years, instead following the G.Ablett, Dangerfield and Petracca path of spending the first few years of his career developing and building his tank predominantly as a forward.

Every team in the league knows half their squad is on the gear, not going to have any impact at all - even if this was a second strike they wouldn't care, because they get to tear up his contract on a third and didn't waste anything in trade to get him.

Should still absolutely push his FA departure through.

Exactly. As soon as something like this hits public domain the club/league are obliged to come out with strongly worded statements.
Crouch has been around a while and never had character questions raised that I can remember. End of season & minor. Doubt it has any bearing whatsoever on contract offers.

Exactly. As soon as something like this hits public domain the club/league are obliged to come out with strongly worded statements.
Crouch has been around a while and never had character questions raised that I can remember. End of season & minor. Doubt it has any bearing whatsoever on contract offers.
Hmmmm... not sure about that. I hope you're right, though.

IMO Hollands is a pretty close “no brainer”.

The main concern is the ACL for me, how vigilant has he been with his recovery And how well we he stick to keeping his body right?

The concerns re transition to midfield are less of a concern for me. A player of his class will transition no worries over time, although I’d expect we won’t see itfor a good 3-5 years, instead following the G.Ablett, Dangerfield and Petracca path of spending the first few years of his career developing and building his tank predominantly as a forward.
dont know how interesting this is but heard interview with elijah 2 months back on abc. op all good, surgeon happy. not started running til 6 weeks after they normally would allow. he said surgeon wanted maximum fuse time at his age given he couldn't train properly with a club in vic anyway. sounded like he was very thorough hitting gym full on. speaks very well. hes a pro and will follow rehab protocols to a T

Every team in the league knows half their squad is on the gear, not going to have any impact at all - even if this was a second strike they wouldn't care, because they get to tear up his contract on a third and didn't waste anything in trade to get him.

Should still absolutely push his FA departure through.
great work rabbit 🐇
i can sleep easier tonight now cheers

question Mutineer, would you be keen to try and trade that pick 8 we have up into the top 5 this year (ie by adding maybe pick 20) or is it better value to pick at 8 and then with an early 2nd grab another lad - in your opinion is the gap in talent not worth the trade up
No way for me, especially if we're not getting band 1 compo for Brad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so am i thats why i want to trade up higher. we are into the Bs by pick 8. i dont think they take ford or perkins if they take hollands anyway. too similar. the bigger question is still mr crouch and what happens there
Yeah, let's just have 1 and not a couple of dynamic midfielder/forwards all with heaps of tricks and X factor...#RollsEyes

Yeah, let's just have 1 and not a couple of dynamic midfielder/forwards all with heaps of tricks and X factor...#RollsEyes
im fine with it but dont think perkins gets picked at 8. maybe he does im not that impressed with anything around that pick in the supposed mocks

Holland’s tilthorpe ford and Perkins please. And I dont care how we get them thank you.
maybe Holland’s one
tilthorpe 2. Unlikely now
perkins 8
ford 20.
would anyone complain with that and if we could sneak McDonald in there even better

im fine with it but dont think perkins gets picked at 8. maybe he does im not that impressed with anything around that pick in the supposed mocks
It's not about where they get picked it's where you see their value to our rebuild, I doubt we've currently got a player on our list with Perkins' split second decision making (and generally the right one) and Eddie Ford isn't too shabby in that regard either. I think it's highly likely both lads would have gone higher had they had the chance to play this season...remember any footage you're looking at is as under agers playing against a fair sprinkling of players now on AFL lists other than the U17 Futures game. They've got to be bigger, stronger and more mature now.

Last edited:
so am i thats why i want to trade up higher. we are into the Bs by pick 8. i dont think they take ford or perkins if they take hollands anyway. too similar. the bigger question is still mr crouch and what happens there

Hamish is weird, the years they say it’s a midfielders draft he picks talls. Then when is filled with talls, drafts midfielders

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMO more likely any trading of pick 8 would happen as "live" trading on Draft night .......is there a player that another club wants badly

If GEEL came and offered #11 and #16 , I'd say yes .......#11 and a 2nd , I'd say No, as the 2nd round will blow out badly this year

The only other club at this stage would be BRIS with #18, and #19 :think:

Of course the strategy all hinges on the compo pick for Brad .......but given the uncertainty on the Vic boys who haven't played, #8 is valuable and likely to be used by us, if GEEL weren't desperate

Stengles contract probably saves him in the current climate, but he’ll no doubt cop weeks and plenty of “community service”.

Crouch I think is gone, if he wasn’t already. Club already unsure of his position moving forward being out of contract and having been exploring options for 18 months. His body has been an issue since being drafted, I think with everything going on, for someone whom supposedly wants to stay, he’s made it far too easy to metaphorically wash our hands and use him as an example.
The feeling you get from the club is they're not publicly desperate to keep him .......yet to hear anyone say "Brads a required player"

It's not about where they get picked it's where you see their value to our rebuild, I doubt we've currently got a player on our list with Perkins' split second decision making (and generally the right one) and Eddie Ford isn't too shabby in that regard either. I think it's highly likely both lads would have gone higher had they had the chance to play this season...remember any footage you're looking at is as under agers playing against a fair sprinkling of players now on AFL lists other than the U17 Futures game. They've got to be bigger, stronger and more mature now.
Question; is there still a thought of playing a couple of Vic rep games this year ? ......had read somewhere the AFL were still hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back