Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Can't agree with you here. IMO he's the best midfielder in the draft.
Sydney will absolutely match the bid why wouldn't they.
Believe me if we could get Campbell it would be a win for us.

They wouldn’t if he isn’t in their top 5 on their draft board. They are getting a good player no matter what. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have him in there, but it’s no certainty.

The only way we find out is bid on him at pick 1. After discount that leaves them 500 odd short, which pushes their early 2nd out to a mid 3rd which will then drift massively as bids get matched. Basically a bid at 1 will cost them pick 5 and 22.

No interest in Bruhn at our GWS pick? Is it just the injury red flag or something else?
I'd sooner Archie Perkins is all, hasn't got the injury ??'s and I think he's a great fit for our list rebuild, not many in this draft with Perkins' speed and athleticism and all round skill set and X factor. Just love his slick decision making and the way he moves the ball on without even blinking.

They wouldn’t if he isn’t in their top 5 on their draft board. They are getting a good player no matter what. I don’t see why they wouldn’t have him in there, but it’s no certainty.

The only way we find out is bid on him at pick 1. After discount that leaves them 500 odd short, which pushes their early 2nd out to a mid 3rd which will then drift massively as bids get matched. Basically a bid at 1 will cost them pick 5 and 22.
perfectly summed up. 3 things could happen if we make it clear we are considering him, then bid with our first pick.
1. They don’t match and we get the best mid (Win for us) or
2. They match and our GWS pick moves up one as they use their pick 4 (win for us) Or
3. They trade With us like GWS did last year to avoid 1 or 2 (Win for us).

Be hilarious if North are getting rid of Brown because there's gun tall forwards at the top of the draft.

Then we get pick 2 and take McDonald and Thilthorpe.

With any luck, North wont last long in the AFL.

Ideally they get shipped off and rebadged to Tasmania/NT and become the state/territory team for that area.

These shitty Vic Clubs just need to perish. No relevance in the 21st century for their existence in the AFL.

1 adelaide: hollands
2 adelaide: mcdonald
3 nth melbourne: thilthorpe
4 sydney: campbell
5 hawthorn: granger barass
6 gold coast: no idea
7 essendon: hopefully not philips
8 adelaide: philips

;)

With any luck, North wont last long in the AFL.

Ideally they get shipped off and rebadged to Tasmania/NT and become the state/territory team for that area.

These shitty Vic Clubs just need to perish. No relevance in the 21st century for their existence in the AFL.

At this point, its probably safe to say the league will always have a "North Melbourne". They're the cockroach of the football world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be hilarious if North are getting rid of Brown because there's gun tall forwards at the top of the draft.

Then we get pick 2 and take McDonald and Thilthorpe.
Or we take Hollands and McDonald then Thilthorpe requests a trade back to the Crows at the end of next year for "family reasons" and a long term contract with the crows.

That wasnt what the earlier poster stated.

It was Pick 8 and Talia for Pick 6 or something along those lines.
There's been half a dozen posts that have suggested pick 6 for Talia.

So I'm kind of excited about the idea of having 6-8 picks in the first 3 rounds, depending on free agency, but I can't help but notice Adelaide's record in the national draft has kinda been below par since Matt Rendell left. Matt Crouch and Tom Doedee are the only genuinely good players in 9 years of drafting. A few others have shown good signs but still in the maybe category. Really hope they nail this draft. That's a hell of a lot of duds though...

2012 - Sam Siggins, Rory Atkins
2013 - Matt Crouch, Riley Knight
2014 - Jake Lever, Mitch McGovern, Harrison Wigg, Harry Dear
2015 - Wayne Milera, Tom Doedee
2016 - Jordan Gallucci, Myles Poholke, Elliott Himmelberg, Matthew Signorello, Ben Davis
2017 - Darcy Fogarty, Andrew McPherson
2018 - Chayce Jones, Ned McHenry, Will Hamill, Lachlan Sholl
2019 - Fischer McAsey, Harry Schoenberg, Josh Worrell, Ronin O'Connor, Lachlan Gollant

Melbourne gave pick 6 for May, who was a couple years younger but nowhere near as good and definitely not as professional in the fitness department as Jenny. I would expect Talia to play at least 2 years longer than May.
pick 10-12 would be about right but Essendon don’t have that.
put it this way, I can’t imagine that Adelaide would entertain trading a contracted multi all Australian, best and fairest winner for less than a mid 1st.
Talia has at most 3 years left.

Melbourne gave pick 6 for May, who was a couple years younger but nowhere near as good and definitely not as professional in the fitness department as Jenny. I would expect Talia to play at least 2 years longer than May.
pick 10-12 would be about right but Essendon don’t have that.
put it this way, I can’t imagine that Adelaide would entertain trading a contracted multi all Australian, best and fairest winner for less than a mid 1st.
Yep, we won't trade Talia.

Because no one is offering a mid first for him and we're not accepting less.

1 adelaide: hollands
2 adelaide: mcdonald
3 nth melbourne: thilthorpe
4 sydney: campbell
5 hawthorn: granger barass
6 gold coast: no idea
7 essendon: hopefully not philips
8 adelaide: philips

;)
adelaide is pick 9 in this scenario
also will be 10 once daniher leaves

So I'm kind of excited about the idea of having 6-8 picks in the first 3 rounds, depending on free agency, but I can't help but notice Adelaide's record in the national draft has kinda been below par since Matt Rendell left. Matt Crouch and Tom Doedee are the only genuinely good players in 9 years of drafting. A few others have shown good signs but still in the maybe category. Really hope they nail this draft. That's a hell of a lot of duds though...

2016 - Jordan Gallucci, Myles Poholke, Elliott Himmelberg, Matthew Signorello, Ben Davis
2019 - Fischer McAsey, Harry Schoenberg, Josh Worrell, Ronin O'Connor, Lachlan Gollant

"Matt Crouch and Tom Doedee are the only genuinely good players in 9 years of drafting."

you cant be serious.

Lordcrud - quotes aren't working for me at the moment.

---------------------------------

------------------------------------

There really aren't that many duds in that list (and noting as much as I've touched on 2018-2019 with some bolds, it's too early to say with a definitive answer, so I just went safe there) which considering for at least the first half of that period we had draft sanctions and then were a contender, it's a good strike rate. You're not going to avoid some percentage of duds in the main draft. Too many picks and list turnover for some to not fail

Player retention isn't on Hamish in the end of the day which you've seemingly attributed to with the "only good players" comment seeing Lever and Atkins (for pick 81) both belong in that club. It's on other people at the club. Hamish can only pick talent, and for the most part, he's done well in that regard with the hands he had.

He does seem to get unlucky when he goes for quick, skillful mids though with Gallucci not coming on and then suffering an Achilles, and Jones looking all at sea. That said, Rendell didn't pick classy mids well either during his time here.

when trading higher in draft typically 20-30% premium is paid on top of summed points value - sometimes more
Very rarely more.

We're already giving them 600 points by not bidding. If we give them a 10% bump on their pick, they'd be crazy not to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back