Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Assuming Brad Crouch compo there's only one trade I would do for Pick 1 and it's with North Melbourne.

AFC: Pick 1 + Future 2nd
NM: Pick 3 + Future 1st

1. NM
2. ADL
3. ADL

Two top 5 picks

Two of McDonald/Hollands/Thilthorpe/Phillips, and a top 2 pick next year (eg Horne) sounds pretty great to me. They'd be unlikely to do this of course but that's what you'd have to pay for pick 1.
no thanks you do not trade pick 1

Did anyone listen to the Nick's interview on SEN with Cornes and Hayes. I reckon he's all but confirmed we draft one of McDonald/ Thilthorpe. He said there are two KPFs which are in the pick 1/2 range or at least 1 to 5 range and we really rate those two players. He then mentioned pick 8 and looking for a midfielder. Listen from about the 19min mark.

Brad is not worth Pick 2, but because of our year ie coming last, he ends up being Pick 2. (like the Franklin scenario with the Hawks)

If Brouch's contract is such that it triggers a pick after our 1st rounder, ie Pick 2 then so be it. Vic Media just salty we finished last and get this perk.

A lot to play out, but I feel confident we can get Pick 2. Which will dramatically change the 2020 draft.

I too am confident pick 2 coming r way and vic media know it. Salty definately.
Such that they r doing all they can to try influence outcome. End first round come on. If we made finals and it was pick 14 media would not have such narrative. Only because it’s pick 2. Yes salty
Media saying we should take tilthorpe with pick 1 really. Why. They know he is not pick one material, just leave good draftees for vic clubs. Obvious as night and day
Just wait till Daniher leaves Essendon after 5 games in 3 years. I wonder what media narrative will be. Band 1 absolutely.
Vic media are a joke.
Don’t believe anything they sprout. Vic propaganda
We will get band 1 irrespective of vic media puppets. And yes they will be very salty.
Especially when we take McDonald and Holland’s

Yep, the AFL would be encouraging this talk from the media. They want ABSOLUTE OUTRAGE when we get pick 2 and GWS get a couple of firsts so they can scrap first round compensation altogether.

i wouldn’t 8 will end up 16, and 13 will end up 24 seriously why would you?
I should have said with pick 2 - assuming we get that for brad. pick 8 wouldn't be pick 16 and 13 will still be a round 1 pick and the extra 2nd provides extra currency for mature players or future trading etc.

All I am saying is that for a godfather offer I would look at trading a high pick

Twomey's not Hamish but....where did Twomey have Tom Doedee. :)

As you know I'm not a big Twomey fan, the only thing he does I rate highly is his last Phantom Draft before Draft night where he gets reasonable mail on what the clubs are doing.
Exactly .....but you know my opinion on most Draft Watchers .....just fickled with their player ratings

Doedee was only in Hamish's eyes .....IIRC he was touted as a late 2nd round pick #30-#35 approx

I 100% agree with Rendel's Draft Pick assessment ......pick the player in R1 that can "impact" games ...not the "safe" option

Hollands impacts games :thumbsu:

Perkins :thumbsu:

Henry .....simply beautiful hands :thumbsu:

Cox ....the next Hipwood, if he gets to the right club :thumbsu:

Remember Adam Goodes was picked at #37 .....was thereabouts in every phantom draft, considered very athletic but inconsistent and needed to find more of the footy .....but boy did he have an impact in games

1601001223309.png

Just wondering if someone here with more knowledge could clear up a point about FA compensation for me.
i understand that all players are ranked between 0 and 100 based on salary and there is points added for age, 25 being 12 and 26 being 10 and so on.
my question is do all players get ranked on salary and then the FA has the points added or are all players ranked from 0-100 with the age points included?
ie if the FA gets a contract that puts him ranked 85 and he is 25, is he then ranked 97?

Haha, Andrew Gallucci?.....he's not his brother but similarly very underwhelming on the footy field.
yeh i thought he was related but you might be right. both not good enough.

that one annoys me because j berry was still on the board, was highly touted top 10 that year, and was what we needed a big body mid - no we go and get a whippet who slips over.

i really wish the draft combine testing was cancelled as a thing

If we don't get picks 1 and 2, there is absolutely no way at all we should trade pick 1.

If we do get both, I'd only consider trading pick 2

It could work if we plan to take Hollands with Pick 1. I think anyone scrambling to get inside the top 2 is probably after McDonald. If we take McDonald at 1, I think 2 loses a fair bit of appeal. We could still get a decent trade, but nobody is selling the farm for it.

yeh i thought he was related but you might be right. both not good enough.

that one annoys me because j berry was still on the board, was highly touted top 10 that year, and was what we needed a big body mid - no we go and get a whippet who slips over.

i really wish the draft combine testing was cancelled as a thing
And Jarrod actually had an even better combine than Gallucci...

no thanks you do not trade pick 1

In a year where there's no clear number 1 (we have access to) and there's been no U18 footy in Victoria all year then I think we'd be stupid not to look at this specific trade if it were on the table. Absolutely stupid.

If they pick McDonald we are getting Hollands, Thilthorpe AND HORNE IN 2021 FOR A SECOND ROUNDER.... it's a no brainer.

Highly doubt they'd make the trade though.

I should have said with pick 2 - assuming we get that for brad. pick 8 wouldn't be pick 16 and 13 will still be a round 1 pick and the extra 2nd provides extra currency for mature players or future trading etc.

All I am saying is that for a godfather offer I would look at trading a high pick
that was not a godfather offer

this is a godfather offer:
assuming crouch pick 2 compo, we give pick 2 to sydney and get pick 4 and their 2021 first rounder. that’s a godfather offer.

In a year where there's no clear number 1 (we have access to) and there's been no U18 footy in Victoria all year then I think we'd be stupid not to look at this specific trade if it were on the table. Absolutely stupid.

If they pick McDonald we are getting Hollands, Thilthorpe AND HORNE IN 2021 FOR A SECOND ROUNDER.... it's a no brainer.

Highly doubt they'd make the trade though.
i don’t agree you will get that outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown is too much a one trick pony for mine, and he's been found out big time now teams are putting work into him.

I think that's a little unfair. Yes, he had a down year, but so did most of our players.

Also, the position he plays, covering the oppositions best small forward, means he is quite often guarding the most dangerous forward. There are some really talented small forwards around the league. I'm not saying he's not tradeable, but lets not undersell him here.

Suns was rumoured to have wanted three 1sts for their Pick 1 in 2018. With one of them single digits.

I think that's a little unfair. Yes, he had a down year, but so did most of our players.

Also, the position he plays, covering the oppositions best small forward, means he is quite often guarding the most dangerous forward. There are some really talented small forwards around the league. I'm not saying he's not tradeable, but lets not undersell him here.
Ben Brown was the subject

would trade kelly before brown but not opposed to trading brown completely his kick outs particularly are an issue - although that could be s**t coaching

if we did get pick 2 I'd almost just get another mid. with some saying here mcdonald isnt as good as king from st kilda.

Id be pretty happy with hollands and phillips/bruhn.

we've got mcasey who can play forward and also worrell.

borlase could take over from talia.

if we did get pick 2 I'd almost just get another mid. with some saying here mcdonald isnt as good as king from st kilda.

Id be pretty happy with hollands and phillips/bruhn.

we've got mcasey who can play forward and also worrell.

borlase could take over from talia.

I'm in the same boat at the moment.

1. Hollands
2. Phillips
8. Thilthorpe (hope he drops or try to move up) / Perkins

My ideal draft at this point in time would be :
1 Elijah Hollands
2 Riley Thilthorpe (could possibly go a couple of spots lower if we don't take him)
8 Archie Perkins
20/28 Zavier Maher/Caleb Poulter

Late/rookie Henry Smith

I'm in the same boat at the moment.

1. Hollands
2. Phillips
8. Thilthorpe (hope he drops or try to move up) / Perkins
Nah. Phillips isn't worth burning a top 2 pick on. McDonald or Thilthorpe please.
There will be time in the next 5 drafts to add to our midfield of Hollands, Schoenberg, Pick 9 and Jones.
Plus Matt Crouch and Rory Laird still exist.

Nah. Phillips isn't worth burning a top 2 pick on. McDonald or Thilthorpe please.
There will be time in the next 5 drafts to add to our midfield of Hollands, Schoenberg, Pick 9 and Jones.
Plus Matt Crouch and Rory Laird still exist.

I feel like Phillips is the Serong of 2020. He goes alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back