Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
You would only look at it if we didn't get the pick 2 for Crouch. I agree it is a lot to give up, but if it may be the only chance we have to get Hollands and Thilthorpe. We currently have 2 x 2nd rounders, we will get 1 more with the Atkins compo, so we will still have 1 x 2nd rounder left after the above deal. So if we end up with pick 1, 4/5 and a pick in the 20s, then I'd be very happy with that outcome. We have done quite well with our picks in the mid 20's in the last few years.

Everyone laughed at Port with what they gave up to get their top 5 pick in the 2018 draft, didn't look bad once Rozee was running around for them.
They would have laughed if they got Chayce Jones instead.

You would only look at it if we didn't get the pick 2 for Crouch. I agree it is a lot to give up, but if it may be the only chance we have to get Hollands and Thilthorpe. We currently have 2 x 2nd rounders, we will get 1 more with the Atkins compo, so we will still have 1 x 2nd rounder left after the above deal. So if we end up with pick 1, 4/5 and a pick in the 20s, then I'd be very happy with that outcome. We have done quite well with our picks in the mid 20's in the last few years.

Everyone laughed at Port with what they gave up to get their top 5 pick in the 2018 draft, didn't look bad once Rozee was running around for them.

We aren’t getting a 2nd rounder for Atkins. It’ll be a 3rd. 400k is the reported offer, which is less than the AFL average wage.

30% of 700 is 240.
If we were giving 200 thou as the report stated he’d be on no where near what was reported in the article you provided.
I guess I’m saying we both wrong and don’t believe the press.
The report I provided said nothing about us giving him $200 thou.. read it again

it said that he was reportedly looking for as little as $200 thou in a contract from Geelong..

and that adelaide would have to pay part of that $200 thou..

now stump up your evidence of what he’s on at Geelong.. you know, evidence of the $700k a year you claim he’s on and we are paying half of..

Ive asked you twice now and you’ve provided nothing to back your claim.

Question, is it better for the Bulldogs to lose early in finals as we have their 2nd rounder? Or is it better for them to go all the way to increase our leverage on them with the threat of a JUH bid at #1?

By my math they already substantially fall short of the required points to match a pick 1 bid (418 points by my count). But if they went down to 18th then their points dive a further 227 points in the first round alone.

Unless i'm mistaken with a #1 bid that could wipe out their entire draft hand and put them 650ish points into deficit in 2021. Which i'm certain would be a disaster for them!

Tex isn't getting another contract... surely.

Tex deserves to see out his contract, and not just as a formality. 2018 was a blip on everyone's radar, and since then the supply to the forward line has been basically non-existent. I think if he can go away in the offseason and come back in top shape then he can be more than serviceable on rolling 1 year contracts. If he doesn't show any improvement or versatility then yeah, maybe next year is his last.

We're heading into a year where the club has publicly stated the need for players with experience to help with coaching and guiding emerging talent. That you, or anyone else for that matter, see Tex as a hindrance to player opportunity, as opposed to our LEADING CLUB GOALSCORER providing experience to current players (not just our forwards) and new draftees, just shows a level of short-sightedness that can only be found on BigFooty by the most dour followers (refuse to call you supporters)

If Borlaise is only 190cm .....he ain't holding down a KPP anytime soon .....and at his height, his speed then becomes an issue

Will await the revised heights / weight from testing

He was recently listed as 194cm on the SANFL website.

What i was saying is that we are tge club that could likely offer sydney the best trade down in this years draft..unless feelong parted with multiple 1sts
AFC: At pick 1, we nominate Braeden Campbell!

Syd: @#%*! We match! Wait while we trade down.

AFC: Hey Syd, wanna trade 21, 32 & 45 for 4?

Syd: @!#*% :mad:

AFC: At pick 1, we nominate Braeden Campbell!

Syd: @#%*! We match! Wait while we trade down.

AFC: Hey Syd, wanna trade 21, 32 & 45 for 4?

Syd: @!#*% :mad:

Are you saying bid on Campbell first. F**k Sydney

Then bid on JUH, F**k Dogs.

I like this multiple bend overs, that they didnt see coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think Kinnear Beatson is going to come at a lopsided deal like that no wonder you're Sony's best customer.
Hey Bicks, tell me more about Eddie Ford. I'll admit he wasn't even remotely on my radar until Friday when I saw his highlights clip.

Fair to say, he's all over my radar now. Kid looks like he can seriously play!

Far out, is this a paid-for article from Port Adelaide? Cash for comments? What a fluff piece...

Absolutely no mention of Crows potentially bidding on him and no question put to him asking him on his thoughts if that was to happen, by ANY club? Geez Twomey is getting worse by the year...

Hey Bicks, tell me more about Eddie Ford. I'll admit he wasn't even remotely on my radar until Friday when I saw his highlights clip.

Fair to say, he's all over my radar now. Kid looks like he can seriously play!
Along with Archie Perkins I think they're the 2 best medium forward/midfield prospects available and IMO he's clearly a round 1 talent although not a lot of the pundits have him as such at this time. Put it this way some have SA Forward/wingman Brayden Cook nudging the 1st round now, for mine Perkins and Ford are both more dynamic/harder at it and look very likely to transition into midfielders that can get forward and rattle the scoreboard whereas I don't see Cook game translating to midfield.

I'd take Perkins before Ford because I love his split second decision making just that little bit more but I'd be rapt to get either, both truly dynamic players.

The problem might however be where our picks sit at present unless we pounce early with pick 8 as I can't see Perkins being there at our pick 20 and I'm increasingly doubtful Ford will be either.

Last edited:
Yes, and then immediately rip pick 4 off them. :grin:
giphy.gif

Along with Archie Perkins I think they're the 2 best medium forward/midfield prospects available and IMO he's clearly a round 1 pick although not a lot of the pundits have him as such at this time. Put it this way some have SA Forward/wingman Brayden Cook nudging the 1st round now, for mine Perkins and Ford are both more dynamic/harder at it and look very likely to transition into midfielders that can get forward and rattle the scoreboard whereas I don't see Cook game translating to midfield.

I'd take Perkins before Ford because I love his split second decision making just that little bit more but I'd be rapt to get either, both truly dynamic players.

The problem might however be where our picks sit at present unless we pounce early with pick 8 as I can't see Perkins being there at our pick 20 and I'm increasingly doubtful Ford will be either.
The way that clipped looked he seemed like the type of player that could destroy a game with 10-12 touches. Fast, strong hands, high leaping, aggressive. I loved it. I kept waiting to see something I didn't like about him but it never came.

I went back to see where he was listing in phantom drafts and couldn't see him in the 25. But I agree with you, I think by draft night he could well sneak up into the teens!

Do you know his height/weight?

The way that clipped looked he seemed like the type of player that could destroy a game with 10-12 touches. Fast, strong hands, high leaping, aggressive. I loved it. I kept waiting to see something I didn't like about him but it never came.

I went back to see where he was listing in phantom drafts and couldn't see him in the 25. But I agree with you, I think by draft night he could well sneak up into the teens!

Do you know his height/weight?
188cm 79kg already very solid, says he models his game on Nat Fyfe so he's not lacking confidence...haha

We aren’t getting a 2nd rounder for Atkins. It’ll be a 3rd. 400k is the reported offer, which is less than the AFL average wage.

It's not about averages. It's about median.

Is he in the top 30% of players aged over 25? Keep in mind - the average gets thrown by the players who are getting $900k.

Plus, he's young. At 26, he will get the maximum age addition. If he gets 5 years, that's even better too.

It seems unimaginable, but it's certainly possible.

188cm 79kg already very solid, says he models his game on Nat Fyfe so he's not lacking confidence...haha
Lol, that makes me like him even more!

1 thing I noticed was Ford looks like he's certainly not afraid to go after to highpoint of the ball, contested marking seemed to be a strength which I love in a 16/17 year old forward.

Between him, and McAdam we could have a extremely dangerous aerial presence in our forward line!

Question, is it better for the Bulldogs to lose early in finals as we have their 2nd rounder? Or is it better for them to go all the way to increase our leverage on them with the threat of a JUH bid at #1?

By my math they already substantially fall short of the required points to match a pick 1 bid (418 points by my count). But if they went down to 18th then their points dive a further 227 points in the first round alone.

Unless i'm mistaken with a #1 bid that could wipe out their entire draft hand and put them 650ish points into deficit in 2021. Which i'm certain would be a disaster for them!

We're better off they bomb out.

They'll just trade for some late seconds to add points. Don't worry about that.

We want to trade for their first, so we want their second to hold some value (even if it goes to GWS) and we ESPECIALLY want their first to still be decent so it's worth something good when we get it.

Last edited:
It's not about averages. It's about median.

Is he in the top 30% of players aged over 25? Keep in mind - the average gets thrown by the players who are getting $900k.

Plus, he's young. At 26, he will get the maximum age addition. If he gets 5 years, that's even better too.

It seems unimaginable, but it's certainly possible.

*top 30% of players aged between 25-30

Anyone outside of that range isn't included in the calculations, apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back