Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:

if I was brad id go to crows cap in hand and say 2 years @ 500k pa and say i will sign now. if his manager doesn't like ut tell him to f off I want to stay and redeem myself

then at 28 if hes redeemed himself played well and no real injuries he can seek a 3 yr deal with us or anyone else on higher money

ok now we need to get pick 8 higher up because all the AA graders are gone by then im positive.

also lets hope daniher re-signs

if I was brad id go to crows cap in hand and say 2 years @ 500k pa and say i will sign now. if his manager doesn't like ut tell him to f off I want to stay and redeem myself

then at 28 if hes redeemed himself played well and no real injuries he can seek a 3 yr deal with us or anyone else on higher money

ok now we need to get pick 8 higher up because all the AA graders are gone by then im positive.

There is no big contract for Brad after this one, because no one is paying a large sum of money for a 29 year old out of contract who might only have 1 year of high end football left. If he wants to earn the big bucks, and the job security with it, this is his last shot.

Signs of a good player ....
1. One touch marking .....no fumbling / juggling marks
2. Tall players who jump at the ball
3. Ability to read the game and anticipate the play .....not react to an opponent

Grainger-Barras .....195 cm & quick for his size

Last edited:

You're kidding Pick 8 is the sweet spot in this draft with so many options available around that mark.

IMO the standouts in this draft are Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Elijah Hollands, Braeden Campbell and though I'm not as high on Logan McDonald as some that's where he's rated......after that you could throw a blanket over the next dozen or so and it will get down to personal preferences, not much difference between pick 5 and pick 18 IMO. And 2 of those top 4 are going to be matched wherever the bid comes.

There is no big contract for Brad after this one, because no one is paying a large sum of money for a 29 year old out of contract who might only have 1 year of high end football left. If he wants to earn the big bucks, and the job security with it, this is his last shot.
well thats his issue
i think adelaide put this in the public view for a reason - irrespective of what a club does or does not care about drugs - its the perception that will be bad if someone takes him knowing that

for us it's different- hes already at crows- we have the duty of care

we will retain him and in minimum chips

i expect stengle to be cut two strikes in the same year

Daniher isnt worth a top 10 pick. The afl can * right off with that bs.

Even with free agency he's band 2 at best. He's never on the *ing park. What club would be dumb enough to offer him 600k+ a year?

Last edited:
well thats his issue
i think adelaide put this in the public view for a reason - irrespective of what a club does or does not care about drugs - its the perception that will be bad if someone takes him knowing that

for us it's different- hes already at crows- we have the duty of care

we will retain him and in minimum chips

i expect stengle to be cut two strikes in the same year

It isn't his issue, what you mentioned simply is not possible. He'll get his payday elsewhere, and if they don't come to the table, he'll be here on good money (600-650k is what is reported, and that won't lower) for 5 years. There is no redemption or whatever other bs you want to tack onto it. This is just us getting spooked for all the backlash we copped for hiding the drink driving story earlier in the year, and instead, just nipping it in the bud early.

I'd be straight up disgusted at the club if they cut Stengle over this, as it certainly would be another shithouse move in a decade of shithouse moves. Regardless, he has a two year contract, so he should be ok.

It isn't his issue, what you mentioned simply is not possible. He'll get his payday elsewhere, and if they don't come to the table, he'll be here on good money (600-650k is what is reported, and that won't lower) for 5 years. There is no redemption or whatever other bs you want to tack onto it. This is just us getting spooked for all the backlash we copped for hiding the drink driving story earlier in the year, and instead, just nipping it in the bud early.

I'd be straight up disgusted at the club if they cut Stengle over this, as it certainly would be another shithouse move in a decade of shithouse moves. Regardless, he has a two year contract, so he should be ok.
either way crows win by going public
i think he stays now

100% there with you - but damn doesn't this start to scream Harley Bennell V2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd indiscretion in a year so 50/50 but then this hasn't been a normal year so this will "work" in his favour (mind you Kelly looked pissed so you wouldn't be shocked if Stengle is sacked to set a new club standard or at least given half a year ban by the club), I thought B.Crouch was already on $600-650K (hence he is a restricted free FA) so we will probably offer him the same but for 3 years instead of the 5 years he wanted.

You're kidding Pick 8 is the sweet spot in this draft with so many options available around that mark.

IMO the standouts in this draft are Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Elijah Hollands, Braeden Campbell and though I'm not as high on Logan McDonald as some that's where he's rated......after that you could throw a blanket over the next dozen or so and it will get down to personal preferences, not much difference between pick 5 and pick 18 IMO. And 2 of those top 4 are going to be matched wherever the bid comes.
given this (and I agree with you on the top 3 totally) that pick 2 wouldn't have been worth a normal pick 2 really because hollands with 1 only leaves two NGAs in the top tier.

i think 8 is worse than 13 and is in no mans land in this draft IMO. the 3 AAs are gone, the As are gone and as you point out all same then to 18.

8 should be traded up or down just not stuck in no mans land. id rather get up and try and get an A but I could be swayed either way.

as long as we take hollands at 1 I dont materially care about the rest of who they take but its simple maths why use 8 on something only worth equivalent of 18 in your opinion?

This is the same bloke who tweeted about someone having a yiros. Safe to say Tom Browne is the most useless bloke in the industry.
was on a plane with him once. at the terminal he tried to get cam ling to sit next to him. ling ignored him and sat by himself. it said a lot.

2nd indiscretion in a year so 50/50 but then this hasn't been a normal year so this will "work" in his favour (mind you Kelly looked pissed so you wouldn't be shocked if Stengle is sacked to set a new club standard or at least given half a year ban by the club), I thought B.Crouch was already on $600-650K (hence he is a restricted free FA) so we will probably offer him the same but for 3 years instead of the 5 years he wanted.
Doubt Stehgle will get the sack, need to remember the Club was more pissed about his failure to report the Incident which is why he got 4 games.
Also, AFLPA will step in, Can see him becoming heavily involved in Community programs next year,

Doubt Stehgle will get the sack, need to remember the Club was more pissed about his failure to report the Incident which is why he got 4 games.
Also, AFLPA will step in, Can see him becoming heavily involved in Community programs next year,
Double digit games ban is what I think will happen.

Double digit games ban is what I think will happen.
Don't know about that re Club imposed fine, AFL wise If it's their 1st Strike, $5000 nog games, 2nd Strike its 4 games. its definitely not a 3rd strike. As we have not seen a player from the Crows Player cop a 4 game plenty to date.
Hard to tell about the Club imposed plenty unless they do a hookup with the leadership group this will not get seen to until they are back to start Preseason,
Lot of water under the bridge by then.

Got a feeling that Macca going to get some free help next year.

given this (and I agree with you on the top 3 totally) that pick 2 wouldn't have been worth a normal pick 2 really because hollands with 1 only leaves two NGAs in the top tier.

i think 8 is worse than 13 and is in no mans land in this draft IMO. the 3 AAs are gone, the As are gone and as you point out all same then to 18.

8 should be traded up or down just not stuck in no mans land. id rather get up and try and get an A but I could be swayed either way.

as long as we take hollands at 1 I dont materially care about the rest of who they take but its simple maths why use 8 on something only worth equivalent of 18 in your opinion?
But they're not all the same, that's just it, it gets down to personal preferences, if it's me I'd be looking at midfielder/forward prospects like Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford, Jack Carroll, Caleb Poulter and Jack Ginnivan.

Then there's mids Will Phillips, Tanner Bruhn , Nathan O'Driscoll, Sam Berry and Finlay Macrae.

Then there's tall utilities/Ruck/Forwards Riley Thilthorpe Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid, athletic tall defenders Denver Grainger-Barras and Heath Chapman, medium utility Jack Henry. And your guess is as good as mine where Key Forward Kaine Baldwin goes after his 2nd ACL issue but otherwise he'd be seriously in that discussion

Sure several are likely gone before pick 8 but there is still going to be a heap of quality youngsters available at pick 8...heaps.

I defy anyone to pick accurately where all those players named go pick wise and I'd be happy enough with any of them though Archie Perkins and Eddie Ford would be my personal preference looking at our list needs and of course depending who we take with pick 1..

But they're not all the same, that's just it, it gets down to personal preferences, if it's me I'd be looking at midfielder/forward prospects like Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford, Jack Carroll, Caleb Poulter and Jack Ginnivan.

Then there's mids Will Phillips, Tanner Bruhn , Nathan O'Driscoll, Sam Berry and Finlay Macrae.

Then there's tall utilities/Ruck/Forwards Riley Thilthorpe Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid, athletic tall defenders Denver Grainger-Barras and Heath Chapman, medium utility Jack Henry. And your guess is as good as mine where Key Forward Kaine Baldwin goes after his 2nd ACL issue but otherwise he'd be seriously in that discussion

Sure several are likely gone before pick 8 but there is still going to be a heap of quality youngsters available at pick 8...heaps.

I defy anyone to pick accurately where all those players named go pick wise and I'd be happy enough with any of them though Archie Perkins and Eddie Ford would be my personal preference looking at our list needs and of course depending who we take with pick 1..
look i agree with 99% of your posts
the point is simply this if you think they are pretty much all the same value from 6 to 18 or whatever we might as well get two players by trading down on draft night not one. or to my pref we try and get one of the A grade talls by getting 8 higher up on the night. i dont rate mcdonald as much as others and would prefer to get to around 5/6 depending on NGA bids for RTT. I see him as a ruckman which is a definite need and can develop as a forward in interim. just my 2c
i just hope crouch more likely staying doesnt mean they now pick mcdonald with 1 over hollands

look i agree with 99% of your posts
the point is simply this if you think they are pretty much all the same value from 6 to 18 or whatever we might as well get two players by trading down on draft night not one. or to my pref we try and get one of the A grade talls by getting 8 higher up on the night. i dont rate mcdonald as much as others and would prefer to get to around 5/6 depending on NGA bids for RTT. I see him as a ruckman which is a definite need and can develop as a forward in interim. just my 2c
i just hope crouch more likely staying doesnt mean they now pick mcdonald with 1 over hollands
Trading down might get you 2 players instead of one but lose the player you really rate as clearly the best in that part of the draft....I'm for quality over quantity.

Every team in the league knows half their squad is on the gear, not going to have any impact at all - even if this was a second strike they wouldn't care, because they get to tear up his contract on a third and didn't waste anything in trade to get him.

Should still absolutely push his FA departure through.

Trading down might get you 2 players instead of one but lose the player you really rate as clearly the best in that part of the draft....I'm for quality over quantity.
so am i thats why i want to trade up higher. we are into the Bs by pick 8. i dont think they take ford or perkins if they take hollands anyway. too similar. the bigger question is still mr crouch and what happens there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back